The Theology of Jar Jar Binks is an Asshole

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2012, 04:51 PM
The Theology of Jar Jar Binks is an Asshole
Can someone help me out with this one?

When discussing Jar Jar Binks, a lot of Star Wars fanatics say things like, he's a total prick, he kills comedy, he brings misery and suffering, he's selfish, he makes serial killers and rapists, he ruined Star Wars for eternity, he causes evil. Basically, they characterize Jar Jar as a an asshole.

But how can Jar Jar have any characteristics or do any of these things if he doesn't exist?

If one doesn't believe that Jar Jar exists, then how can one believe he has qualities?

Can anyone explain this one to me?

Tequila, Weed, and Tacos,

Buddy

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Buddy Christ's post
26-07-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: The Theology of Jar Jar Binks is an Asshole
We're discussing a fictional character. Simple as that Big Grin

PS Am I the only guy who sorta liked Jar Jar ? I mean his people were pretty random but they kicked some ass in that one battle...

O fuck I've been outed. Yes, I'm a Binkseist.

I guess I stuffed up channeling Chas for the terse and deadly award... dammit.
26-07-2012, 04:59 PM
(26-07-2012 04:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  I guess I stuffed up channeling Chas for the terse and deadly award... dammit.

You could do worse.Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2012, 05:00 PM
It really seems to depend mostly on how old you are. Children and dim wits seemed to really like Jar Jar. His poo poo humor really struck a chord with their limited intelligence.

I like poo poo humor, and yet.... Jar Jar could eat shit and die. That would really impress me. Also young Anakin should be the shit Jar Jar eats to kill himself.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
26-07-2012, 05:02 PM
(26-07-2012 04:51 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Can someone help me out with this one?

When discussing Jar Jar Binks, a lot of Star Wars fanatics say things like, he's a total prick, he kills comedy, he brings misery and suffering, he's selfish, he makes serial killers and rapists, he ruined Star Wars for eternity, he causes evil. Basically, they characterize Jar Jar as a an asshole.

But how can Jar Jar have any characteristics or do any of these things if he doesn't exist?

If one doesn't believe that Jar Jar exists, then how can one believe he has qualities?

Buddy

LOL

I don't see why this needed another thread, except if you wanted to make it sound like you weren't replying to Ghost's post (because that would make this a straw man argument).

Of course Jar Jar can have qualities. We'd just wonder why you would take any of those qualities personally.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
26-07-2012, 05:04 PM
(26-07-2012 05:00 PM)lucradis Wrote:  It really seems to depend mostly on how old you are. Children and dim wits seemed to really like Jar Jar. His poo poo humor really struck a chord with their limited intelligence.

I like poo poo humor, and yet.... Jar Jar could eat shit and die. That would really impress me. Also young Anakin should be the shit Jar Jar eats to kill himself.

I'm gonna come to your funeral in a Jar Jar suit Angry
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-07-2012, 05:17 PM
(26-07-2012 05:02 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 04:51 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Can someone help me out with this one?

Buddy

LOL

I don't see why this needed another thread, except if you wanted to make it sound like you weren't replying to Ghost's post (because that would make this a straw man argument).

Of course Jar Jar can have qualities. We'd just wonder why you would take any of those qualities personally.

I was simply demonstrating how interchangeable the term God was with any other fictional character. The OP is a copy of the other one verbatim, except I substituted names and a word here and there.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
26-07-2012, 05:27 PM
(26-07-2012 05:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 05:00 PM)lucradis Wrote:  It really seems to depend mostly on how old you are. Children and dim wits seemed to really like Jar Jar. His poo poo humor really struck a chord with their limited intelligence.

I'm gonna come to your funeral in a Jar Jar suit Angry

Jokes on you, I've decided I'm not having one. Besides we don't believe in an afterlife remember. I wouldn't know if you did.
Besides if I were to have a funeral you just gave me a great idea for one. Everyone must dress as Jar Jar Binks. And at the end, an anamatronic me will pop down from the ceiling and say "Morondog killed me. Also he sells drugs to kids."
You'll show up in your costume just in time to be arrested.

Sucker.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
26-07-2012, 06:13 PM

Buddy

I see what you did there...Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
26-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Buddy, you're pathetic. I pity you. Your reaction in the other thread was petty, but this thread, the fact that you weren't content with what you did in the other thread and had to create an entire new thread to house your pettiness is just sad. Like really, it's sad. I know you feel good about yourself so nothing I do could possibly bring you down or make you feel any kind of remourse. Such is life. You're an asshole. Straight up. I'm sure you'll wear that as a badge of honour, but it isn't one. You crossed way over the line and I have no more interest in you as a person. I'd appreciate it if you and I never crossed paths again and that you no longer mention me in any of your posts. I have no actual way to stop you, which is unfortunate. I can only hope that you will just leave it alone.
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post