The Theology of Jar Jar Binks is an Asshole

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2012, 08:27 PM
RE: The Theology of Jar Jar Binks is an Asshole
This thread was a pretty dickish move.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
26-07-2012, 08:36 PM
(26-07-2012 08:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  This thread was a pretty dickish move.

I thought it was pretty funny.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
26-07-2012, 08:37 PM
How was this dickish? I am still completely baffled as to the hostility. If someone called me a 3 armed black man, I wouldn't fly into a rage and promise revenge on whoever DARED call me something untrue. I would laugh and go "I'm not a 3 armed black man. That's silly." Point out the ad hominem.

This wasn't meant as a mockery, and if it was, it was a terrible attempt at mockery. The same way I show theists that "God is everywhere" can just as easily be substituted for "Zeus is everywhere," since it relies on no objective claim, I substituted one fictional character for another in your post. HOW IS THAT OFFENSIVE?

It's like your in a room full of people trying to explain to you a joke that you don't get and so you just get angry at everyone. "Yeah, you all are pathetic and I pity you for your childish jokes!" Sweet Jesus, come out of the theist closet already.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
26-07-2012, 08:50 PM
(26-07-2012 08:37 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  How was this dickish? I am still completely baffled as to the hostility. If someone called me a 3 armed black man, I wouldn't fly into a rage and promise revenge on whoever DARED call me something untrue. I would laugh and go "I'm not a 3 armed black man. That's silly." Point out the ad hominem.

This wasn't meant as a mockery, and if it was, it was a terrible attempt at mockery. The same way I show theists that "God is everywhere" can just as easily be substituted for "Zeus is everywhere," since it relies on no objective claim, I substituted one fictional character for another in your post. HOW IS THAT OFFENSIVE?

It's like your in a room full of people trying to explain to you a joke that you don't get and so you just get angry at everyone. "Yeah, you all are pathetic and I pity you for your childish jokes!" Sweet Jesus, come out of the theist closet already.

Why did you feel the need to start a new thread, thus highlighting what had already been stated in another thread? The dick move was not the satirical comparison, the dick move was because Ghost stated he was done with the thread so I'm guessing perhaps you felt compelled to start a new thread so that he would read it rather than putting this in the original thread where it was originally brought up.

Not saying it's not funny. I laughed and agree with it all.

I just think when a person has already called you out in the context of a particular thread, it's a dick move to spoof another member by singling them out in a brand new thread because they said they wouldn't interact with you anymore in the previous thread.

Funny

Clever

True

But dickish IMO

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
26-07-2012, 08:56 PM
(26-07-2012 08:11 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Buddy, you're pathetic. I pity you. Your reaction in the other thread was petty, but this thread, the fact that you weren't content with what you did in the other thread and had to create an entire new thread to house your pettiness is just sad. Like really, it's sad. I know you feel good about yourself so nothing I do could possibly bring you down or make you feel any kind of remourse. Such is life. You're an asshole. Straight up. I'm sure you'll wear that as a badge of honour, but it isn't one. You crossed way over the line and I have no more interest in you as a person. I'd appreciate it if you and I never crossed paths again and that you no longer mention me in any of your posts. I have no actual way to stop you, which is unfortunate. I can only hope that you will just leave it alone.

I think this thread is fine, and it made me chuckle. I thought the comparison of god and jar-jar as fictional characters was an appropriate response to the point you were trying to make in your original thread. A bunch of people made time to respond to your thread, even though they doubted that you were confused about how atheists can criticize an entity they know doesn't exist. But if you didn't understand their point in your thread, hopefully this thread makes the point, that it's not at all unusual to criticize or have feelings about a fictional character, such as god or jar-jar.
[+] 2 users Like Jeff's post
26-07-2012, 09:03 PM
(26-07-2012 08:50 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why did you feel the need to start a new thread, thus highlighting what had already been stated in another thread? The dick move was not the satirical comparison, the dick move was because Ghost stated he was done with the thread so I'm guessing perhaps you felt compelled to start a new thread so that he would read it rather than putting this in the original thread where it was originally brought up.

Not saying it's not funny. I laughed and agree with it all.

I just think when a person has already called you out in the context of a particular thread, it's a dick move to spoof another member by singling them out in a brand new thread because they said they wouldn't interact with you anymore in the previous thread.

Funny

Clever

True

But dickish IMO

Perhaps it should have been included in the thread itself, but I wanted the two thread titles juxtaposed next to each other for further effect. Also, the original thread has started derailing into a "hostile atheist vs an incredibly sleepy theist" which is currently still going on. So it's the "whole new thread" part that is offensive? I don't see the issue. People make entire threads on strawberry vs grape jelly on this thing, what's one more thread?

Plus I love a good drama. Feel how exciting it is in this forum now.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
26-07-2012, 09:03 PM
(26-07-2012 08:11 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Buddy, you're pathetic. I pity you. Your reaction in the other thread was petty, but this thread, the fact that you weren't content with what you did in the other thread and had to create an entire new thread to house your pettiness is just sad. Like really, it's sad. I know you feel good about yourself so nothing I do could possibly bring you down or make you feel any kind of remourse. Such is life. You're an asshole. Straight up. I'm sure you'll wear that as a badge of honour, but it isn't one. You crossed way over the line and I have no more interest in you as a person. I'd appreciate it if you and I never crossed paths again and that you no longer mention me in any of your posts. I have no actual way to stop you, which is unfortunate. I can only hope that you will just leave it alone.
I think you're overreacting big-time. This thread was merely a humorous take on the argument you made in another thread. He didn't even insult you as a person and someone who didn't read the other thread wouldn't even know what this is supposed to be about.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
26-07-2012, 09:09 PM
(26-07-2012 09:03 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Plus I love a good drama. Feel how exciting it is in this forum now.

Not gonna argue about that. Thumbsup

~Izel
26-07-2012, 09:10 PM
[Image: eSX5q.gif]

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
26-07-2012, 09:13 PM
For all the star wars fans on here. Enjoy.

[Image: justice.jpg] [Image: jar-jar-head-on-a-plate.jpeg]
[Image: Kriss_HATES_Jar_Jar_Binx_by_mangaholix.png]

Changes the whole tone of the thread doesn't it? Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post