The Theory of Intelligent Design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: The Theory of Intelligent Design
(06-01-2015 08:36 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 08:11 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Actually you can just boil it all down to Goddidit.

Creationism works as follows, regardless of whether or not it's wearing a rubber nose and mustache:
But ID is supposedly different to creationism.

According to the incredibly honest folks at the Creation Research Institute.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
07-01-2015, 04:56 PM
(07-01-2015 01:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 01:21 PM)Stevil Wrote:  They weren't suggesting that ID is a Scientific theory.
They admitted that the scientific definition would need to be adjusted to allow for ID

Right, it isn't a theory with regard to science, it is a theory with regard to science+.

The + is short "plus any idea that sounds good when dealing with difficult questions".

I would have said science-. That's science minus evidence and rationality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-01-2015, 05:12 PM
(07-01-2015 04:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 01:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Right, it isn't a theory with regard to science, it is a theory with regard to science+.

The + is short "plus any idea that sounds good when dealing with difficult questions".

I would have said science-. That's science minus evidence and rationality.

So it is psudeoscience?Consider

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-01-2015, 05:16 PM
(07-01-2015 05:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 04:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  I would have said science-. That's science minus evidence and rationality.

I'm not even sure it rates as high as pseudoscience. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2015, 02:18 PM
(07-01-2015 01:21 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 01:11 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Yeah but,

They weren't suggesting that ID is a Scientific theory.
They admitted that the scientific definition would need to be adjusted to allow for ID
Quote: and lead defense expert Professor Behe admitted that his broadened definition of science, which encompasses ID, would also embrace astrology. Moreover, defense expert Professor Minnich acknowledged that for ID to be considered science, the ground rules of science have to be broadened to allow consideration of supernatural forces.

Hey, Steve. They think they can re-write all the rules to suit their superstitions. Not my problem.

Although the best part of that whole Nova broadcast was where they tried to use a word processor search and replace tool to replace creationism with intelligent design...and fucked it up.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
08-01-2015, 02:20 PM
(08-01-2015 02:18 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Although the best part of that whole Nova broadcast was where they tried to use a word processor search and replace tool to replace creationism with intelligent design...and fucked it up.
Yes, that was quite telling. Creationism and ID are different, but we can revise our "extensive" "science" book and simply replace Creationism with ID. Laughat
08-01-2015, 02:24 PM
(08-01-2015 02:18 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Although the best part of that whole Nova broadcast was where they tried to use a word processor search and replace tool to replace creationism with intelligent design...and fucked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Of_Pandas_and_People

Quote:Evolutionists think the former is correct, cdesign proponentsists accept the latter view

I say we use the term "cdesign proponentsists" from now on. Apparently that's what they like to be called.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-01-2015, 03:19 PM
(07-01-2015 05:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 04:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  I would have said science-. That's science minus evidence and rationality.

An island in the South Pacific that is hard to find because of heavy electro-magnetic radiation due to the wormhole at its heart surrounded by exotic matter that allows it to time shift, is pseudoscience.
ID, is not.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
08-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Pseudoscience
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience
Quote:Pseudoscience is a claim, belief or practice which is falsely presented as scientific, but does not adhere to a valid scientific method, lacks supporting scientific evidence or plausibility, cannot be reliably tested, or otherwise lacks scientific status.[1] Pseudoscience is often characterized by the use of vague, contradictory, exaggerated or unprovable claims, an over-reliance on confirmation rather than rigorous attempts at refutation, a lack of openness to evaluation by other experts, and a general absence of systematic processes to rationally develop theories.

The "theory" of Intelligent Design most definitely qualifies as pseudoscience.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
09-01-2015, 05:24 PM
ID = religion.

I'll go with that judge...even if he is a republican!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!