The Thinking Atheist???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 09:44 AM by DaylightDusk.)
The Thinking Atheist???
So I was just wondering........ Is TTA a website to express your thoughts on religion or a blogging website, im not really sure. I thought it was just a website to express your IDEAS on RELIGION. So which one is it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2011, 09:52 AM
RE: The Thinking Atheist???
(29-11-2011 09:41 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  So I was just wondering........ Is TTA a website to express your thoughts on religion or a blogging website, im not really sure. I thought it was just a website to express your IDEAS on RELIGION. So which one is it?

I wouldn't say this is a blogging website. A blogging website's more like Tumblr. Here, we naturally elaborate on opinions and ideas.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2011, 09:53 AM
(29-11-2011 09:52 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 09:41 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  So I was just wondering........ Is TTA a website to express your thoughts on religion or a blogging website, im not really sure. I thought it was just a website to express your IDEAS on RELIGION. So which one is it?

I wouldn't say this is a blogging website. A blogging website's more like Tumblr. Here, we naturally elaborate on opinions and ideas.

I know but its The Thinking Atheist yet more people talk about random shit then actually talking about religion just saying .-.
29-11-2011, 09:56 AM

As Stark Raving has said in the past, there is no limit to what we can talk about.
So I would say that this is more of a chatsite. ಠ_ಠ
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
29-11-2011, 09:58 AM
(29-11-2011 09:56 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  As Stark Raving has said in the past, there is no limit to what we can talk about.
So I would say that this is more of a chatsite. ಠ_ಠ

Hmmmmmmmm okayssssssss lol
29-11-2011, 11:00 AM
This forum has been around for a very long time. we've discussed many topics over religion. Many of our members also use this website as a place to feel less restricted. Seth's original intention with the thinking atheist website was to have a place for atheists to gather. This forum is actually run by Stark Raving. We have separate categories so that if you aren't interested in people's daily lives you can read only the religion ones. and we have many members ready to discuss religious things. But we are allowing people to express themselves, this is for many the only place they can.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 4 users Like Lilith Pride's post
29-11-2011, 11:20 AM
(29-11-2011 11:00 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  This forum has been around for a very long time. we've discussed many topics over religion. Many of our members also use this website as a place to feel less restricted. Seth's original intention with the thinking atheist website was to have a place for atheists to gather. This forum is actually run by Stark Raving. We have separate categories so that if you aren't interested in people's daily lives you can read only the religion ones. and we have many members ready to discuss religious things. But we are allowing people to express themselves, this is for many the only place they can.

Although I'm pretty new to the forums, this seems spot on to me.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
29-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Thinking Atheist? God no exist. That was a short forum. Wink

I'm not seeing atheism as being a thing-unto-itself, thus there ain't a heck of a lot to talk about. Yet the tao always returns to dogmatism. To be thinking is to be anti-dogmatic. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2011, 11:36 AM
You can consider it as

The (Thinking) Atheist

or, my preference

The Thinking (Atheist)

or perhaps not consider it at all.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
29-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Just when I start to wonder where Lilith has gone, she comes in and takes care of business.

This is a discussion forum. Discuss what you like. That's why there's diferent sections to the forum. Like CYTB said, there are no limits to what can be discussed.

As for the name of the site, when Seth first started making videos, his intent was to call himself "The Thinking Atheist", not to imply that all atheists were "thinking". So the site is named after him. That doesn't make the site exclusive to atheists or to any sort of belief system.

The forum has been under my control (hate the word "control", but can't figure out a better word) for some time, since Seth does not post here (he is a busy guy, making videos, having an active role on his facebook page, and attending more and more public speaking engagements, not to mention the guy does have a job and a life!). I contacted him not long after I joined the site, and asked if he would like me and another member to do some upgrading. The site at that time was a single forum. No sections or sub-sections. It was riddled with spam and bots, and was running on old software. We undertook the task (Unbeliever and I) of adding forum sections, finding ways to bring in new members and new discussions, and shortly after Seth said, "here ya go. The forum is all yours". Since then we have upgraded the software (paid for by the sales of t-shirts, mugs, etc - hint, go visit the store and support the forum!!!) took on a web designer (DeepThought, without whom I have no idea what I'd do!!) and TheObserver kinda became my right hand man (always cleans up the stuff I miss, and someone I can depend on when I can't make myself available - I am a farmer, so life gets busy sometimes).

Once we upgraded the new members started pouring in. The forum has quickly gone from a small, tight knit group, to a big, wonderful community of people, with varying beliefs, opinions, personalities and quirks. One thing remains the same though; this will always (at least as long as I'm in charge) be a place where people can say what they want, how they want, and to whom they want. Sure it causes some extra conflict sometimes, and threads often stray from the original topic, but hey, that's the evolution of conversation, and it's the price we pay to have the freedom to say what we have to say.

As far as I can see, this forum is full of thinking people, atheists and otherwise. As much as I sometimes complain about things, I love this place. I can say what I want, I get called out on my bullshit, and there's no one telling me to "keep it on topic", or to "play nice". Freedom of speech comes with the responsibility to accept that people will disagree with you. Sometimes they will say nasty things to you. Sometimes they'll downright hate you. If that's something someone doesn't like, all they have to do is relinquish that freedom, and say nothing. I, for one, would rather have my freedom of speech, and accept that others have theirs too.

THAT is what this site is all about. It's all about you!

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post