The Thinking Atheist CYOA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2011, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 09:31 AM by kingschosen.)
The Thinking Atheist CYOA
TTA CYOA

Rules:
1) Story in green.
2) Actions and choices in bold.
3) I am the story teller. The first choice that someone chooses is the path that I'm going to take.

The time of atonement had come. The gods demanded a sacrifice, but there were few that still believed. A single priest became anxious with dread at what the gods might do. The village’s unbelief would not go unpunished, and Kaycee, the chief priest, took it upon himself the save the entire village from the fiery wrath of the unforgiving gods of lore.

Kaycee prepared for his long, arduous journey and was set to leave in the morning. When morning came he said “goodbye” to his home and made his way to the Path of the Gods. As he was passing through the market, he saw his good friend Erxomai buying tobacco for his hookah. Erxomai looked at his friend with concern.

“Kaycee, what are you doing?”

“Hey, Erx, I heading to the Path of the Gods.”

Erxomai began laughing uncontrollably, “Buddy, really? You still believe in that crap? C’mon now. Come with me, let’s go smoke.”

“I can’t. I have to do this. You know what I believe… you used to believe as well…”

Erxomai laughed louder, “Yeah, man, I did, but then I grew up and stopped because all of it is bulls…”

“Fine, Erx… fine. I get it. I don’t need another lecture from you. Look, I have to go. I’ll see you later.”

Erxomai stared at the back of his friend as he walked away. He looked down at his hookah, then at this tobacco, then back at his friend. With a sigh he yelled, “Wait!”

“Kaycee! Wait!”

Kaycee turned around and saw Erxomai walking towards him.

“I’m coming with you. The Path of Gods is dangerous… you’re going to need help.”

*Erxomai joins the group!*

Erxomai looked at Kaycee and said, “Hey… seriously… it’s dangerous there. Are you really going there without armor and weapons?”

A) Erxomai and Kaycee go to the smithy and spend money on weapons and armor.
B) They both skip the smithy and continue towards the Path of the Gods.
C) Erxomai goes to the smithy to get weapons and armor for himself because Kaycee refuses.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2011, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 09:36 AM by morondog.)
RE: The Thinking Atheist CYOA
deleted
20-12-2011, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 09:32 AM by kingschosen.)
deleted

20-12-2011, 09:09 AM
(20-12-2011 08:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 08:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  The time of atonement had come. The gods demanded a sacrifice, but there were few that still believed. A single priest became anxious with dread at what the gods might do. The village’s unbelief would not go unpunished, and Kaycee, the chief priest, took it upon himself the save the entire village from the fiery wrath of the unforgiving gods of lore.

Kaycee prepared for his long, arduous journey and was set to leave in the morning. When morning came he said “goodbye” to his home and made his way to the Path of the Gods. As he was passing through the market, he saw his good friend Erxomai buying tobacco for his hookah. Erxomai looked at his friend with concern.

Erxomai began laughing uncontrollably, “Buddy, really? You still believe in that crap? C’mon now. Come with me, let’s go smoke.”

“I can’t. I have to do this. You know what I believe… you used to believe as well…”

Erxomai laughed louder, “Yeah, man, I did, but then I grew up and stopped because all of it is bulls…”

“Fine, Erx… fine. I get it. I don’t need another lecture from you. Look, I have to go. I’ll see you later.”

Erxomai stared at the back of his friend as he walked away. He looked down at his hookah, then at this tobacco, then back at his friend. With a sigh he yelled, “Wait!”

“Kaycee! Wait!”

“I’m coming with you. The Path of Gods is dangerous… you’re going to need help.”

Erxomai looked at Kaycee and said, “Hey… seriously… it’s dangerous there. Are you really going there without armor and weapons?”

C) Erxomai goes to the smithy to get weapons and armor for himself because Kaycee refuses.

A Smile And the smith is HamataK Tongue Are we allowed to join in or are you the storyteller?

Duh, Moron, where do you think we got the money from? We found you staggering out of the pub where you had just won a bag of copper off of ddrew in a game of Snakes and Foxes. It was good fortune that we happened upon you when we did because The Troll isn't going to give us weapons from his smithy for non-pence.

The three adventurers giddy with excitement over sharp instruments enter HamataK The Troll's, smithy. He looks at the companions through a cataract cloudy cyclops eye and says:

A) You boys looking to get your collective asses handed to ye again?
B) If'n it's weapons ye be wantin' come into my back room and see what I have fer ye.
C) Ah, the drunk, the stoner, and the crazy one. Don't ye remember the brothel is next door?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-12-2011, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 09:32 AM by kingschosen.)
deleted

20-12-2011, 09:13 AM
(20-12-2011 09:11 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 09:09 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 08:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 08:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  The time of atonement had come. The gods demanded a sacrifice, but there were few that still believed. A single priest became anxious with dread at what the gods might do. The village’s unbelief would not go unpunished, and Kaycee, the chief priest, took it upon himself the save the entire village from the fiery wrath of the unforgiving gods of lore.

“Kaycee! Wait!”

A Smile And the smith is HamataK Tongue Are we allowed to join in or are you the storyteller?

Duh, Moron, where do you think we got the money from? We found you staggering out of the pub where you had just won a bag of copper off of ddrew in a game of Snakes and Foxes. It was good fortune that we happened upon you when we did because The Troll isn't going to give us weapons from his smithy for non-pence.

The three adventurers giddy with excitement over sharp instruments enter HamataK The Troll's, smithy. He looks at the companions through a cataract cloudy cyclops eye and says:

A) You boys looking to get your collective asses handed to ye again?
B) If'n it's weapons ye be wantin' come into my back room and see what I have fer ye.
C) Ah, the drunk, the stoner, and the crazy one. Don't ye remember the brothel is next door?

Dang it. A few posts in and we're already off course.

Just consider my comments apocryphal. Big Grin

Don't we need some dice?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-12-2011, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 09:32 AM by kingschosen.)
deleted

20-12-2011, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 09:29 AM by morondog.)
(20-12-2011 09:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol you know what?

It's going to be more fun to let other people tell the story as well.

Few rules:

1) Story in green.
3) Person that chooses the next choice write the next entry and provides a minimum of three choices.

Sweet Smile Sorry for derailing. I've never played this before... Maaaybe though we *should* let you be the storyteller for the first one? 'Cos you seem to have got it all planned out and it'd be a shame to waste it. Also until we get used to it it might go to shit if too many people are taking it in different directions...
So take it from that you and Erxomai went to the smithy...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-12-2011, 09:30 AM
(20-12-2011 09:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 09:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol you know what?

It's going to be more fun to let other people tell the story as well.

Few rules:

1) Story in green.
3) Person that chooses the next choice write the next entry and provides a minimum of three choices.

Sweet Smile Sorry for derailing. I've never played this before... Maaaybe though we *should* let you be the storyteller for the first one? 'Cos you seem to have got it all planned out and it'd be a shame to waste it. Also until we get used to it it might go to shit if too many people are taking it in different directions...
So take it from that you and Erxomai went to the smithy...

lol fine. Let's edit out all that other crap, so people don't get confused.

20-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Lol Tongue Now with all the deleted posts it looks like there was a flame war of epic proportions here... nothing but the sighing of the wind and moans of the wounded...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post