The Thinking Atheist has spoiled me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 12:36 AM
The Thinking Atheist has spoiled me
Truthfully, Seth Andrews spoiled me rotten with his guest speakers, his knowledge of science, and his well researched topics. Met some dude who told me he was an atheist. Well, I'm impressed... Then he starts talking, dumb as a rock!
He had no clue who Darwin was, not to mention R. Dawkins or the late C. Hitchens!
He just rambled on and on about how he hates it when people talk to him about Jesus!
I sat at the other end of the table and thought "Lawd, gimme strength not to walk out on this annoying dude!" He is more annoying than a mormon missionary!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Elenambass's post
14-01-2015, 06:32 AM
RE: The Thinking Atheist has spoiled me
(14-01-2015 12:36 AM)Elenambass Wrote:  Truthfully, Seth Andrews spoiled me rotten with his guest speakers, his knowledge of science, and his well researched topics. Met some dude who told me he was an atheist. Well, I'm impressed... Then he starts talking, dumb as a rock!
He had no clue who Darwin was, not to mention R. Dawkins or the late C. Hitchens!
He just rambled on and on about how he hates it when people talk to him about Jesus!
I sat at the other end of the table and thought "Lawd, gimme strength not to walk out on this annoying dude!" He is more annoying than a mormon missionary!

Y'know, maybe he just feels this and hasn't been able to articulate it yet. I remember when I was 14 and trying to talk to girls...that was similar.

Get him signed up, then he can understand better why he feels that way. Smile

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 4 users Like gofish!'s post
14-01-2015, 06:37 AM
You weren't tempted to explain to him the reasons why he should believe in our lord jesus christ?

Angel

14-01-2015, 06:55 AM
This is in the personal issues and support section?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
14-01-2015, 07:55 AM
(14-01-2015 12:36 AM)Elenambass Wrote:  Truthfully, Seth Andrews spoiled me rotten with his guest speakers, his knowledge of science, and his well researched topics. Met some dude who told me he was an atheist. Well, I'm impressed... Then he starts talking, dumb as a rock!

Despite what all the studies claiming to find correlation between atheists and higher intelligence, we can still be ill-informed or stupid. Just don't tell the theists, okay? We need to maintain the myth of vast and total intellectual superiority until they begin to fear us.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
14-01-2015, 03:10 PM
(14-01-2015 12:36 AM)Elenambass Wrote:  He had no clue who Darwin was, not to mention R. Dawkins or the late C. Hitchens!
I
You don't need to know about any of these people to be an atheist.

I've been an atheist since 1961. Never heard of Dawkins or Hitchens until about three years ago.

I learned about Darwin in 1956. I knew about the big bang in 1962.

Sapere aude
14-01-2015, 03:27 PM
(14-01-2015 12:36 AM)Elenambass Wrote:  I sat at the other end of the table and thought "Lawd, gimme strength not to walk out on this annoying dude!" He is more annoying than a mormon missionary!

Heh. Annoying dudes come in all flavours... May the next one be a sharp lad Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Darwin? Really?! Hitchens and Dawkins are one thing, but Darwin? Even kids I knew that grew up going to super fundamentalist Christian schools knew who Darwin was. They thought he was practically the devil, of course, but they knew who he was.

Wow...
[+] 2 users Like herdoturtles's post
15-01-2015, 07:51 AM
FDW - For Dar Win!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post