The Thinking Atheists Chess Group

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2013, 11:21 AM
There is now a group on http://www.chess.com for members and friends of the TTA Forum. You don't have to be very good. Hell, Magoo keeps kicking my ass, match after match, for fuck's sake! If that little bugger can beat me, just about anyone can (sorry KidChuck, I did say "JUST ABOUT ANYONE" Tongue).

I tried to invite those that listed their user names in the Chess League Thread

If you don't receive an invite, you're still invited! Go to the The Thinking Atheists Chess Group and join in the fun. Or if you like, add Erxomai65 as a friend and I'll invite you to the group.

There is little pressure to be any good. n00bs and the strategy impaired (me) are welcome. Think of this as a gym that you're not intimidated to join because everyone is fat. Big Grin

Depending upon the amount of interest and participation, I hope to hold regular tournaments and we'll report the results here.

Don't be a pawn. Rule like a King or Queen!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
20-07-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: The Thinking Atheists Chess Group
I suck at chess, but it sounds like fun. I challenged you erxomai. Internet chess might be good for me since my lack of atte... SQUIRREL!
20-07-2013, 01:08 PM
(20-07-2013 12:47 PM)Jakel Wrote:  I suck at chess, but it sounds like fun. I challenged you erxomai. Internet chess might be good for me since my lack of atte... SQUIRREL!

I accept you as my next victim! Erm...I mean worthy opponent! Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-07-2013, 01:13 PM
(20-07-2013 11:21 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  There is now a group on http://www.chess.com for members and friends of the TTA Forum. You don't have to be very good. Hell, Magoo keeps kicking my ass, match after match, for fuck's sake! If that little bugger can beat me, just about anyone can (sorry KidChuck, I did say "JUST ABOUT ANYONE" Tongue).

If you don't receive an invite, you're still invited! Go to the The Thinking Atheists Chess Group and join in the fun. Or if you like, add Erxomai65 as a friend and I'll invite you to the group.

There is little pressure to be any good. n00bs and the strategy impaired (me) are welcome. Think of this as a gym that you're not intimidated to join because everyone is fat. Big Grin

Depending upon the amount of interest and participation, I hope to hold regular tournaments and we'll report the results here.

I'd like to retort but I got nothing Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
20-07-2013, 01:25 PM
(20-07-2013 01:13 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(20-07-2013 11:21 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  There is now a group on http://www.chess.com for members and friends of the TTA Forum. You don't have to be very good. Hell, Magoo keeps kicking my ass, match after match, for fuck's sake! If that little bugger can beat me, just about anyone can (sorry KidChuck, I did say "JUST ABOUT ANYONE" Tongue).

I'd like to retort but I got nothing Weeping

You get major props for your persistence! Tongue

23-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Erx this was cracking idea...well done, I got 5 games on the go at once Smile

Does that make me a chess slut?

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
23-07-2013, 08:29 AM
(23-07-2013 08:27 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Erx this was cracking idea...well done, I got 5 games on the go at once Smile

TrollopDrinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
23-07-2013, 08:26 PM
(23-07-2013 08:27 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Erx this was cracking idea...well done, I got 5 games on the go at once Smile

I guess I'm a chess whore...I have 9 games going.

Only winning one of them though. Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Alrighty, A2 is motherfucking in.

Name: Atothetheist.

Game: Chess, Motherfucker.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
24-07-2013, 10:43 PM
(24-07-2013 10:36 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Alrighty, A2 is motherfucking in.

Name: Atothetheist.

Game: Chess, Motherfucker.

Good. I need someone on there that I can beat!