Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2014, 06:39 AM
RE: The Thinking Christian on COSMOS and evolution
How. The fuck. Is this science?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2014, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2014 07:33 AM by Blackhand293.)
(28-03-2014 06:14 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 05:52 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  If you don't follow the old testement you weren't a israelite in other word you would go to hell. The israelites will forever be gods chosen people in christianity, or atleast that is the way I was raised.Drinking Beverage

nu-uh... lol

There is no separation between the Jew and the Gentile any longer. And we are told many times in the NT that the OT law was for that time until Jesus would come, and it was only for the Jews. NT believers are not to follow the OT law. Here is one such example regarding being told not to follow the OT law:

Mark 2:21 - 21 No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; or else the new piece pulls away from the old, and the tear is made worse. 22 And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.”

And the verses below speak of the fact that there is no longer any difference to God between the Jews and Gentiles. We are all one group to God, no separation.

Ephesians 2: 11-18

11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—
12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.
17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

I would like to point out to you that according to the bible, you would be required to follow the old testament.

"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." Luke 16:17

"All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." 2 Timothy 3:16

"For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 5:18-19

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." Matthew 5:17

Drinking Beverage

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
29-03-2014, 07:28 AM
(28-03-2014 05:52 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  What you actually said in Post #15 was:
"And I don't know about Dawkins, with the whole selfish gene thing... Not that I know a ton about his works. Just a little so I coudln't make a good judgement there."

You know nothing of his works because you haven't read any of his works. Don't you think that was an important point to mentioned?

I do know something of his works, what I've heard and read in others works. That may not be a lot, but it can't be called nothing.

It could be less than nothing because what you have heard may be filtered and inaccurate.

If you haven't read the source material, then you don't have the basis on which to form an honest opinion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
29-03-2014, 07:30 AM
(28-03-2014 10:18 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  You know nothing of his works because you haven't read any of his works. Don't you think that was an important point to mentioned?
*mention

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

No. Missing 'have'. Cut and paste error.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]