The Third Jihad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 08:34 AM
The Third Jihad
Apologies if this is in the wrong category.

So I realize most of the activity here is about christianity, because most of you (I assume) are americans and that's the madness you have to face every day - christianity everywhere, and unfortunately in many cases, even being disowned by your families because you don't believe in their bullshit.

I have been listening to the podcast for a little over two years, and it was just a few months earlier that I got introduced to what a role christianity really has in the US, I'm 23 and before a couple of years ago I barely had any idea what a religious insane asylum (no offense Tongue) America can be at times.

But I see the tides turning for you guys, the battle against superstition is slowly being won. That in some decades time, "extreme" christianity, creationism and such things will have a much smaller presence, and you are definitely taking steps towards a more secular society.

I'm over in Europe obviously, and for us, I'm a lot less optimistic. We're already secular mostly (in western Europe anyway) since a long time, sure we have our share of christian loonies (latest is a new political party here in Sweden that wants to ban abortion 100%, no matter what, and have that be their complete driving force as a party - good luck with that Laugh out load ), but mostly they have no power at all, and are mostly viewed as weird people.
Then there are lots of moderate christians that only have their private beliefs and don't bother anyone.

...then there is the growing presence of islam. More and more, not just what I can find out thanks to the internet, but even seeing it myself with my own eyes, in my own country, muslims are beginning to flood this continent. There are now more than 50 000 000 muslims in Europe. They are not conforming, they are not integrating, they are here with the specific purpose of taking over the continent, and the same is going on (though not to the same extent yet) in the US, Canada and Australia. Meanwhile, jews are fleeing Europe.

The United Kingdom, Netherlands, France, Belgium, Sweden (the worst of the northern countries as far as I know), Spain, Germany, and more - all facing ever-increasing muslim populations that we never asked to come here, yet they are demanding more and more rights over the rest of us, and less and less rights for us. Just latest, here in Sweden, by new year there will be a new law. This law makes it possible to prosecute you (and sentence you to up to four years in jail!) if you criticize immigration (= islam) or any politician's way of handling immigration (= islam). This law will not apply to non-natives, apparently, just native, white swedes (at least in practice).

The far-left "super-liberal" (and I'm liberal in pretty much every case except this) progressive PC-media and public don't see this, they don't want to see it, they don't want to believe it. And mostly the public isn't allowed to know about it, because of said brainwashing PC-media. Anyone who raises a voice of protest is immediately branded a "racist". (Even though everyone should know by now, islam is no more a race than christianity, or a political party. Simple as that.)

We have a saying in Sweden (and I do believe you have something similar), "give them the little finger and they'll take the whole arm", and it fits perfectly here. But this isn't really about Europe, it's just me going on a frustrated rant (as I can't talk to anyone about this, my family members are mostly sane and we share most ethics and views, but they would never support me in criticizing islam, because of their PC-brainwashing).

I made this thread because I want to show you this film, made by an actual moderate muslim (now his kind is about as rare as a unicorn, I've found), about the threat of islam facing the United States and the world. It brings up many supposedly "moderate" muslim organizations in the United States, the situation in Europe, a brief history of islam and jihad, Iran and nuclear weapons, (the non-existence of) human rights in the islamic world, and many more things.

It might sound boring, but I promise you it's a very interesting and well-made documentary. But I can't force you so if you don't want to, sure, don't watch it.

Just please (and thank you) don't start a discussion in this thread or answer me without having seen it first. Angel

"Because God did it" isn't an answer, you incredible retard.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nìmwey's post
14-10-2014, 09:12 AM
RE: The Third Jihad
I wish I had the time to watch it. I know what the threats are though as I see it. I've seen first hand the islamic riots and the laws protecting them. A city just a few miles up the road from me even has Sharia areas; unofficial, but the police won't do anything about it, where there are signs up which says "This is a gay and jew free zone" often paired with another sign which has little pictures of a beer can, a woman in western clothing, an A and a dog all with red crosses through. These are generally enforced by rape gangs who will only be prosecuted if they actually murder someone; beating people to near death, raping women and killing dogs is not considered serious enough to avoid being called a 'racist' for prosecuting.
Also have a big problem here with Imams giving sermons about how Gays, Jews, Atheists, Secularists, Uncovered Women and British Soldiers should be beheaded in the streets, and of course nobody doing much about it because it would be 'racist' to do that.
Even pointing out that Islam is a religion and not a race will get you called a 'racist' in Britain these days.

We also have Abu Hamza (who has luckily been facing legal trouble, just to make a bleeding change) who has two hooks for hands and a missing eye. Stereotypical super villain is stereotypical which is probably the only reason anything was done about him in the end.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
14-10-2014, 09:38 AM
so, how do you win an ideological war?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
14-10-2014, 09:43 AM
(14-10-2014 09:38 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  so, how do you win an ideological war?

Stop making room for it would be the best option I think. I'm sure Islam in Britain wouldn't be anywhere near as destructive if they could go to prison for the same things as everyone else. This idea of it being 'racism' to prosecute has become the mainstream, mainly because of relativist views on culture. It's also why it's 'racist' to make gypsies pay taxes, which is why they cause so many problems here too.
What has allowed this takeover is the idea that application of the law should be different for people of different religions or cultures. It's the same problem which has made it so hard for black people in the USA to get places, but here it's gone the opposite way and made it easy for fundamental Islam.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
18-10-2014, 03:22 PM
(14-10-2014 09:38 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  so, how do you win an ideological war?

Through Western, national and Republican values. By not allowing an other Moslem into Europe and through valuing our heritage and identity. By dissolving the EU and establishing a Europe based upon the friendship of independent republican nations. By adopting an assimilationist policy for immigrants already in Europe. Through deporting all criminal, unemployed, unassimilated and welfare immigrants. By sending a strong message that we, the mighty West, won't take any more shit. By valuing ourselves rather than hating ourselves. This is how Europe can be saved.

America needs to elect leaders who will fight for her and stand up for her. Leaders who will stop Islamic immigration and put an end to Obama's pretending that terror attacks have nothing to do with Islam. To America's credit she has stood relatively strong, and showed this strength when she said no a Mosque overlooking the site of 9/11. She refused to allow magots to be planted in her body, and despite the left's whining she now stands strong.

I'm not sure Canada can be saved, but here is what I would do; end Moslem immigration completely, deport all criminal, unemployed, unassimilated and welfare immigrants, kill multiculturalism and become a republic with a constitution defining our national principles.

The West must also support an interventionist foreign policy and work with moderate and secularist groups in the Moslem world. We should not hate them or separate ourselves from their nations. To the contrary, we must help them by encouraging open culture, freedom and republican nationalism among Middle Eastern peoples. It is important that the West influence them, not the other way around. We must also support the work of artists and others who work against Islam. Cartoons who draw Muhammad should be congratulated and assisted in spreading their message. When Moslem are exposed to anti-Islamic materials they will at first act with revulsion and violence, but if exposure continues they will see that we will not be intimidated by thuggishness. We will keep criticizing Islam until they start joining in. We must support freedom in the Middle East, even if it antagonizes people. religious minorities (Christians, Yazidis, Zoroastrians, ect.) should be given support by the West to counterbalance Islam. Perhaps they can be persuaded into having their own enlightenment if we shove enough anti-Islamic material in their direction.

That is my suggestion anyway, and wanting to protect my culture doesn't make me a Nazi or a racist. As I have said before, I don't want anyone to be hurt, only deported.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
18-10-2014, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2014 03:35 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
Through Western, national and Republican values. By not allowing an other Moslem into Europe and through valuing our heritage and identity. By dissolving the EU and establishing a Europe based upon the friendship of independent republican nations. By adopting an assimilationist policy for immigrants already in Europe. Through deporting all criminal, unemployed, unassimilated and welfare immigrants. By sending a strong message that we, the mighty West, won't take any more shit. By valuing ourselves rather than hating ourselves. This is how Europe can be saved.

Through German, national and Nazi values. By not allowing another Jew into Europe and through valuing our Aryan heritage and identity. By dissolving the League of Nations and establishing a Europe based upon the 'friendship' of dependent nations. By adopting an assimilationist policy for immigrants already in Europe. Through putting into camps all criminal, unemployed, unassimilated and welfare immigrants. By sending a strong message that we, the mighty Deutschland, won't take any more shit. By valuing ourselves more than hating ourselves. This is how the Ayran race can be saved.

Freakishly similar, no?

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  America needs to elect leaders who will fight for her and stand up for her. Leaders who will stop Islamic immigration and put an end to Obama's pretending that terror attacks have nothing to do with Islam. To America's credit she has stood relatively strong, and showed this strength when she said no a Mosque overlooking the site of 9/11. She refused to allow magots to be planted in her body, and despite the left's whining she now stands strong.

Stood strong? The United States is weaker now than it has been in decades! We're stretched too thin, unable to adequately cope with the evolving situation on the ground. Our gun-ho leaders have created international precedents that makes us unable to do anything more than be vociferous hypocrites vis-a-vis Russia and the Ukraine. There is a huge gap between 'fundamentalist extreme religions contribute to terrorism' to 'therefore block all immigration from one particular religion'. It's painting with far too broad of a brush. Not only that, but crying 'terrorism' while the United States violates international law when we bomb our 'enemies' with drone strikes? It's hypocrisy on a global scale. The innocent people in Pakistan who never know when one of their weddings, relatives, or neighbors will be mistakenly blown to hell due to one of our drone-strikes? They live in perpetual fear, and that is terrorism. The only thing is, we just save the terrorism label for when the 'other' people do it; instead of applying the label equally and uniformly as we should. Because the United States employs terrorism, but we just call it 'shock and awe' and close our eyes to the terror we inflict.

Ignorance is bliss, especially when you're a 16 year old know-nothing living with your parents.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I'm not sure Canada can be saved, but here is what I would do; end Moslem immigration completely, deport all criminal, unemployed, unassimilated and welfare immigrants, kill multiculturalism and become a republic with a constitution defining our national principles.

I'm not about to tell Canada how to do it's own thing, because I'm not Canadian. But if your summary here is on par with your assessment of the United States, I can only imagine just how ill-informed you are of your own country. Now considering that Canada's national pastime isn't bombing the shit out of brown people on the other side of the globe and owing a mountain of debt to China, they cannot be doing any worse than the United States.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  The West must also support an interventionist foreign policy and work with moderate and secularist groups in the Moslem world.

How well has that worked out for us for the last few decades? Almost all of the problems we're having in the Middle East can be laid at the feet of the royal fuck-ups that have been perpetuated there by the West's meddling. Everything from the fracturing and formation of nations out of former colony holdings not being drawn along ethnic or religious boundaries, to the CIA's overthrow of Iran's republic in favor of the Shah and his 'controllable' dictatorship, the creation of and unilateral support of the Jewish state of Israel, to the support of the Afghan rebels in their fight against the Russians which set the groundwork for the Taliban.

Our success rate with 'intervention' in this part of the world is almost non-existent.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  We should not hate them or separate ourselves from their nations. To the contrary, we must help them by encouraging open culture, freedom and republican nationalism among Middle Eastern peoples.

It's called 'Separate but Equal'. We're all the same, but you have to go be the same over there away from us. It is, of course, never equal. We learned this during the days of segregated school in the United States during the Jim Crow laws of the pre-Civil Rights movement. You could even argue that this very same disparity lead to the American Revolution itself, because while the colonists were British citizens, they lacked any representation in Parliament (the governing body that controlled, among other things, taxation on the colonies). They were supposedly equal to all other citizens of the Crown, but the reality was far from it.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  It is important that the West influence them, not the other way around. We must also support the work of artists and others who work against Islam.

Right, so you don't 'hate' them; other than doing everything you can to undermine their ethnic and religious heritage and identity. And why do you want to do this? Because otherwise they'll do it to you first... Facepalm

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Cartoons who draw Muhammad should be congratulated and assisted in spreading their message. When Moslem are exposed to anti-Islamic materials they will at first act with revulsion and violence, but if exposure continues they will see that we will not be intimidated by thuggishness.

No, the cartoonists should be protected, but the state has no business in advocating for or against any religion.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  We will keep criticizing Islam until they start joining in. We must support freedom in the Middle East, even if it antagonizes people. religious minorities (Christians, Yazidis, Zoroastrians, ect.) should be given support by the West to counterbalance Islam. Perhaps they can be persuaded into having their own enlightenment if we shove enough anti-Islamic material in their direction.

This will do nothing more than feed into the perception that the West is in a Crusade against the whole of Islam, and in doing so you could very possibly unite the splintered factions of Islam against you. That is a fight not worth having.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  That is my suggestion anyway, and wanting to protect my culture doesn't make me a Nazi or a racist. As I have said before, I don't want anyone to be hurt, only deported.

It makes you a simple ideologue, and a nativist; which is discriminatory. The notion of 'separate but equal' that you are advocating is discriminatory. You are discriminating, but you're too stupid to see it. You think you can rationalize your prejudice away, but that doesn't make it go away, it just makes it easier for you to lie to yourself and not see your own bigotry. Yours is, unfortunately, just another in a long line of discrimination, ignorance, and fear; only this time it's Islam instead of the Chinese, Japanese, Germans, Austrians, Ukrainians, French, British, or Catholics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativism_(p..._in_Canada

Nativism in Canada

Nativism was common in Canada (though the term originated in the U.S.). It took several forms. Hostility to the Chinese and other Asians was intense, and involved provincial laws that hindered immigration of Chinese and Japanese and blocked their economic mobility. In 1942 Japanese Canadians were forced into detention camps in response to Japanese aggression in World War II.

Throughout the 19th century, well into the 20th, the Orange Order in Canada attacked and tried to politically defeat the Irish Catholics. The Ku Klux Klan spread in the mid-1920s from the U.S. to parts of Canada, especially Saskatchewan, where it helped topple the Liberal government. The Klan creed was, historian Martin Robin argues, in the mainstream of Protestant Canadian sentiment, for it was based on "Protestantism, separation of Church and State, pure patriotism, restrictive and selective immigration, one national public school, one flag and one language--English."

In World War I, Canadian naturalized citizens of German or Austrian origins were stripped of their right to vote, and tens of thousands of Ukrainians (who were born in the Austro-Hungarian Empire) were rounded up and put in internment camps.

Hostility of native-born Canadians to competition from English immigrants in the early 20th century was expressed in signs that read, "No English Need Apply!" The resentment came because the immigrants identified more with England than with Canada. Still today, there are many Canadians with long Canadian heritages who have mixed feelings over recent immigration.

In the British Empire, traditions of anti-Catholicism in Britain led to fears that Catholics were a threat to the national (British) values. In Canada, the Orange Order (of Irish Protestants) campaigned vigorously against the Catholics throughout the 19th century, often with violent confrontations. Both sides were immigrants from Ireland and neither side claimed loyalty to Canada. The Orange Order was much less influential in the U.S., especially after a major riot in New York City in 1871.

Canada was wracked by conflicts between the Anglophones and Francophones over language; the Irish Catholics were on the same side as the Protestant nativists in opposing the expansion of French culture.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Re: The Third Jihad
As someone who is from Turkey. I can attest to the change my homeland has gone through. In the eighties there were no religion class one had to take now it starts in primary school. School cafeterias would be open during ramadan. you cant buy alcohol after 10 pm .these are some of the changes . Current president former prime minister was on tv 15 years ago, saying that democracy is a tool to reach the end goal. Now secular people have become a minority. These things didn't happen overnight. Now looking back at events , this has been in the works for the last 40 -50 years at least.
I started to believe this is the inherent weakness in democracy. What institution are there to stop democracy be oming a tool for suppressing other?
Some people don't share the same beliefs as you do. They see it as a numbers game . this group lays low until it has enough numbers to call the shots.
I doubt the muslim immigrants in Europe had sharia patrols when they first immigrated.
19-10-2014, 03:25 PM
(18-10-2014 11:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Through Western, national and Republican values. By not allowing an other Moslem into Europe and through valuing our heritage and identity. By dissolving the EU and establishing a Europe based upon the friendship of independent republican nations. By adopting an assimilationist policy for immigrants already in Europe. Through deporting all criminal, unemployed, unassimilated and welfare immigrants. By sending a strong message that we, the mighty West, won't take any more shit. By valuing ourselves rather than hating ourselves. This is how Europe can be saved.

Through German, national and Nazi values. By not allowing another Jew into Europe and through valuing our Aryan heritage and identity. By dissolving the League of Nations and establishing a Europe based upon the 'friendship' of dependent nations. By adopting an assimilationist policy for immigrants already in Europe. Through putting into camps all criminal, unemployed, unassimilated and welfare immigrants. By sending a strong message that we, the mighty Deutschland, won't take any more shit. By valuing ourselves more than hating ourselves. This is how the Ayran race can be saved.

Freakishly similar, no?

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  America needs to elect leaders who will fight for her and stand up for her. Leaders who will stop Islamic immigration and put an end to Obama's pretending that terror attacks have nothing to do with Islam. To America's credit she has stood relatively strong, and showed this strength when she said no a Mosque overlooking the site of 9/11. She refused to allow magots to be planted in her body, and despite the left's whining she now stands strong.

Stood strong? The United States is weaker now than it has been in decades! We're stretched too thin, unable to adequately cope with the evolving situation on the ground. Our gun-ho leaders have created international precedents that makes us unable to do anything more than be vociferous hypocrites vis-a-vis Russia and the Ukraine. There is a huge gap between 'fundamentalist extreme religions contribute to terrorism' to 'therefore block all immigration from one particular religion'. It's painting with far too broad of a brush. Not only that, but crying 'terrorism' while the United States violates international law when we bomb our 'enemies' with drone strikes? It's hypocrisy on a global scale. The innocent people in Pakistan who never know when one of their weddings, relatives, or neighbors will be mistakenly blown to hell due to one of our drone-strikes? They live in perpetual fear, and that is terrorism. The only thing is, we just save the terrorism label for when the 'other' people do it; instead of applying the label equally and uniformly as we should. Because the United States employs terrorism, but we just call it 'shock and awe' and close our eyes to the terror we inflict.

Ignorance is bliss, especially when you're a 16 year old know-nothing living with your parents.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I'm not sure Canada can be saved, but here is what I would do; end Moslem immigration completely, deport all criminal, unemployed, unassimilated and welfare immigrants, kill multiculturalism and become a republic with a constitution defining our national principles.

I'm not about to tell Canada how to do it's own thing, because I'm not Canadian. But if your summary here is on par with your assessment of the United States, I can only imagine just how ill-informed you are of your own country. Now considering that Canada's national pastime isn't bombing the shit out of brown people on the other side of the globe and owing a mountain of debt to China, they cannot be doing any worse than the United States.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  The West must also support an interventionist foreign policy and work with moderate and secularist groups in the Moslem world.

How well has that worked out for us for the last few decades? Almost all of the problems we're having in the Middle East can be laid at the feet of the royal fuck-ups that have been perpetuated there by the West's meddling. Everything from the fracturing and formation of nations out of former colony holdings not being drawn along ethnic or religious boundaries, to the CIA's overthrow of Iran's republic in favor of the Shah and his 'controllable' dictatorship, the creation of and unilateral support of the Jewish state of Israel, to the support of the Afghan rebels in their fight against the Russians which set the groundwork for the Taliban.

Our success rate with 'intervention' in this part of the world is almost non-existent.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  We should not hate them or separate ourselves from their nations. To the contrary, we must help them by encouraging open culture, freedom and republican nationalism among Middle Eastern peoples.

It's called 'Separate but Equal'. We're all the same, but you have to go be the same over there away from us. It is, of course, never equal. We learned this during the days of segregated school in the United States during the Jim Crow laws of the pre-Civil Rights movement. You could even argue that this very same disparity lead to the American Revolution itself, because while the colonists were British citizens, they lacked any representation in Parliament (the governing body that controlled, among other things, taxation on the colonies). They were supposedly equal to all other citizens of the Crown, but the reality was far from it.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  It is important that the West influence them, not the other way around. We must also support the work of artists and others who work against Islam.

Right, so you don't 'hate' them; other than doing everything you can to undermine their ethnic and religious heritage and identity. And why do you want to do this? Because otherwise they'll do it to you first... Facepalm

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Cartoons who draw Muhammad should be congratulated and assisted in spreading their message. When Moslem are exposed to anti-Islamic materials they will at first act with revulsion and violence, but if exposure continues they will see that we will not be intimidated by thuggishness.

No, the cartoonists should be protected, but the state has no business in advocating for or against any religion.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  We will keep criticizing Islam until they start joining in. We must support freedom in the Middle East, even if it antagonizes people. religious minorities (Christians, Yazidis, Zoroastrians, ect.) should be given support by the West to counterbalance Islam. Perhaps they can be persuaded into having their own enlightenment if we shove enough anti-Islamic material in their direction.

This will do nothing more than feed into the perception that the West is in a Crusade against the whole of Islam, and in doing so you could very possibly unite the splintered factions of Islam against you. That is a fight not worth having.

(18-10-2014 03:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  That is my suggestion anyway, and wanting to protect my culture doesn't make me a Nazi or a racist. As I have said before, I don't want anyone to be hurt, only deported.

It makes you a simple ideologue, and a nativist; which is discriminatory. The notion of 'separate but equal' that you are advocating is discriminatory. You are discriminating, but you're too stupid to see it. You think you can rationalize your prejudice away, but that doesn't make it go away, it just makes it easier for you to lie to yourself and not see your own bigotry. Yours is, unfortunately, just another in a long line of discrimination, ignorance, and fear; only this time it's Islam instead of the Chinese, Japanese, Germans, Austrians, Ukrainians, French, British, or Catholics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativism_(p..._in_Canada

Nativism in Canada

Nativism was common in Canada (though the term originated in the U.S.). It took several forms. Hostility to the Chinese and other Asians was intense, and involved provincial laws that hindered immigration of Chinese and Japanese and blocked their economic mobility. In 1942 Japanese Canadians were forced into detention camps in response to Japanese aggression in World War II.

Throughout the 19th century, well into the 20th, the Orange Order in Canada attacked and tried to politically defeat the Irish Catholics. The Ku Klux Klan spread in the mid-1920s from the U.S. to parts of Canada, especially Saskatchewan, where it helped topple the Liberal government. The Klan creed was, historian Martin Robin argues, in the mainstream of Protestant Canadian sentiment, for it was based on "Protestantism, separation of Church and State, pure patriotism, restrictive and selective immigration, one national public school, one flag and one language--English."

In World War I, Canadian naturalized citizens of German or Austrian origins were stripped of their right to vote, and tens of thousands of Ukrainians (who were born in the Austro-Hungarian Empire) were rounded up and put in internment camps.

Hostility of native-born Canadians to competition from English immigrants in the early 20th century was expressed in signs that read, "No English Need Apply!" The resentment came because the immigrants identified more with England than with Canada. Still today, there are many Canadians with long Canadian heritages who have mixed feelings over recent immigration.

In the British Empire, traditions of anti-Catholicism in Britain led to fears that Catholics were a threat to the national (British) values. In Canada, the Orange Order (of Irish Protestants) campaigned vigorously against the Catholics throughout the 19th century, often with violent confrontations. Both sides were immigrants from Ireland and neither side claimed loyalty to Canada. The Orange Order was much less influential in the U.S., especially after a major riot in New York City in 1871.

Canada was wracked by conflicts between the Anglophones and Francophones over language; the Irish Catholics were on the same side as the Protestant nativists in opposing the expansion of French culture.

Hey, come on now, let's be reasonable, EK.

I mean, the White Australia policy worked so well for Australia, why not Europe?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-10-2014, 05:14 PM

Except it does make you a bigoted advocated for oppression when you wish to protect your culture via forced imposition of inequality on an ENTIRE group of people simply because some who go by the label are dangers to society at large.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
19-10-2014, 07:55 PM

We've done it before. Tony Blair seems to be one of the only few leaders who gets it:

http://tonyblairfaithfoundation.org/reli.../way-ahead