The Third Jihad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2014, 01:02 PM
RE: The Third Jihad
(23-10-2014 08:39 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I honestly can't even tell if you are trolling anymore. Loved the part where you changed all the words around. You even replaced some with their antonyms.

Well, when you walk and talk like a fascist...

(23-10-2014 08:39 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Also, Islam is already fighting a crusade against us. We can either fight back or let ourselves be destroyed.

No, Islam is not. Groups with this almost 2 billion strong religion are.

(23-10-2014 08:39 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Now, EK's post; EKified!

No, the cartoonists should be killed, but the state has a lot of business in advocating for or against religion.

I'd tell you to grow up, but that would imply that you actually have that capability.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-10-2014, 10:57 PM
(24-10-2014 12:53 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 10:28 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I fucking hate Islam. I hate it with a passion. I don't want to be all "Let's just get along and sing Kumbaya". There is no peaceful coexistence with this:

[Image: MuslimMenace2.jpg]
[Image: 1315780550-muslim-extremists-noisy-prote...826791.jpg]

Call me a biggot, I don't give a damn. I don't want this in my country, and I don't want it in Europe . I hate Islam more than I hate Westboro Baptist Church. I hate moderate Islam more than I hate fundamental Christianity. I have no desire to be surrounded by a bunch of vocally misogynist men and voiceless women. I have no desire to see the percentages of Muslims rise in Western nations.

It's a cancerous tumor that needs to be excised. I have no problems with stopping all Muslim immigration.

Now take everything you wrote, replace 'Islam' with Neo-Nazi or Klu Klux Klan, then try to make the connection to hate and fear all Christians.

I do hate the KKK and Neonazis even more than I hate Westboro Baptist Church. I have a strong distaste for fundies. I have a strong distaste for moderate Muslims. I really couldn't care less if the extremist Muslims all died in a suicide circle jerk Heavens Gate style. I'm sure there are some posts on here by GWG educating the forum about Islam....

Maybe I'm choosing the word hate because I was never allowed to use that word growing up - 'cause Jesus.

You're line of reasoning here is not enough to make me change my mind. I do know "nice" moderate Muslims and Christians - and I hate their beliefs. I find their beliefs quite appalling, actually. As a woman in a servile profession I have had to deal with some pretty awful Muslim men - they're even worse than the asshole fundies I went to church with. I went to high school and college with moderate Muslims. I work with them. I have them as my patients. Not a fan.

I'm more of the notion that people are good despite their religion, certainly not because of it.

This is how I see it:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Last time I checked Western Civilization didn't have a rash of bombings and beheadings, unless you're talking about Muslim terrorists infiltrating the west. There was the Oklahoma City Bombing about twenty years ago that wasn't related to Islam....

There's no love lost between me and persons who want to kill the infidels - that doesn't make me a fascist. Maybe an anti-theist. However, I tend to like many liberal Muslims and Christians. Their less strict adherence and less literal interpretations of the insanities of their holy books keeps religion from getting in the way of being decent human beings.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
24-10-2014, 11:36 PM
(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 12:53 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Now take everything you wrote, replace 'Islam' with Neo-Nazi or Klu Klux Klan, then try to make the connection to hate and fear all Christians.
I do hate the KKK and Neonazis even more than I hate Westboro Baptist Church. I have a strong distaste for fundies. I have a strong distaste for moderate Muslims. I really couldn't care less if the extremist Muslims all died in a suicide circle jerk Heavens Gate style. I'm sure there are some posts on here by GWG educating the forum about Islam....

Okay, I can get behind hating the fundamentalists. Taking that and applying it to all Muslims (or Christians, Jew, Taoists, Buddhists, Hindus, pagans, etc.) is still a stretch. Judge a person by their actions, not their label.

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Maybe I'm choosing the word hate because I was never allowed to use that word growing up - 'cause Jesus.

Tongue

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  You're line of reasoning here is not enough to make me change my mind. I do know "nice" moderate Muslims and Christians - and I hate their beliefs. I find their beliefs quite appalling, actually. As a woman in a servile profession I have had to deal with some pretty awful Muslim men - they're even worse than the asshole fundies I went to church with. I went to high school and college with moderate Muslims. I work with them. I have them as my patients. Not a fan.

I work in the service and hospitality industry, and I have to deal with assholes on a regular basis. Most of them are Caucasian, and given the region I work in, I can guarantee most all of them are nominal Christians. I don't however hate all Christians (or white people) because some of them are assholes to me during my day-job, and to do so would be irrational.

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm more of the notion that people are good despite their religion, certainly not because of it.

Agreed. People can also be patriarchal misogynists sans religion as well.

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  This is how I see it:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

That's still not justification for hating someone for believing absurdities. Unless you think people are guilty until proven innocent?

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Last time I checked Western Civilization didn't have a rash of bombings and beheadings, unless you're talking about Muslim terrorists infiltrating the west. There was the Oklahoma City Bombing about twenty years ago that wasn't related to Islam....

No we instead have rashes of public and school shootings, police brutality, and a propensity for state-sanctioned war and terrorism. Trust me, those innocent peasants living in Pakistan under the constant fear of being mistakenly targeted by United States drone strikes live in a state of fear, they are being terrorized. It's the international equivalent of 'white collar' crime; it's just as ugly and dangerous, but we like to pretend it's more respectable because we think we follow rules (although we readily discard them when it's convenient to do so). Combine that with choice quotes from western leaders, and it's very easy to paint American interventionism as another Crusade to be fought back against.

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  There's no love lost between me and persons who want to kill the infidels - that doesn't make me a fascist. Maybe an anti-theist. However, I tend to like many liberal Muslims and Christians. Their less strict adherence and less literal interpretations of the insanities of their holy books keeps religion from getting in the way of being decent human beings.

That's my point, that hating the entire religion because of the fundamentalists is painting with too broad of a brush, and will end up alienating those in the best position to help us (religious liberals).

25-10-2014, 01:17 PM
(24-10-2014 11:36 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I do hate the KKK and Neonazis even more than I hate Westboro Baptist Church. I have a strong distaste for fundies. I have a strong distaste for moderate Muslims. I really couldn't care less if the extremist Muslims all died in a suicide circle jerk Heavens Gate style. I'm sure there are some posts on here by GWG educating the forum about Islam....

Okay, I can get behind hating the fundamentalists. Taking that and applying it to all Muslims (or Christians, Jew, Taoists, Buddhists, Hindus, pagans, etc.) is still a stretch. Judge a person by their actions, not their label.

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Maybe I'm choosing the word hate because I was never allowed to use that word growing up - 'cause Jesus.

Tongue

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  You're line of reasoning here is not enough to make me change my mind. I do know "nice" moderate Muslims and Christians - and I hate their beliefs. I find their beliefs quite appalling, actually. As a woman in a servile profession I have had to deal with some pretty awful Muslim men - they're even worse than the asshole fundies I went to church with. I went to high school and college with moderate Muslims. I work with them. I have them as my patients. Not a fan.

I work in the service and hospitality industry, and I have to deal with assholes on a regular basis. Most of them are Caucasian, and given the region I work in, I can guarantee most all of them are nominal Christians. I don't however hate all Christians (or white people) because some of them are assholes to me during my day-job, and to do so would be irrational.

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm more of the notion that people are good despite their religion, certainly not because of it.

Agreed. People can also be patriarchal misogynists sans religion as well.

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  This is how I see it:

That's still not justification for hating someone for believing absurdities. Unless you think people are guilty until proven innocent?

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Last time I checked Western Civilization didn't have a rash of bombings and beheadings, unless you're talking about Muslim terrorists infiltrating the west. There was the Oklahoma City Bombing about twenty years ago that wasn't related to Islam....

No we instead have rashes of public and school shootings, police brutality, and a propensity for state-sanctioned war and terrorism. Trust me, those innocent peasants living in Pakistan under the constant fear of being mistakenly targeted by United States drone strikes live in a state of fear, they are being terrorized. It's the international equivalent of 'white collar' crime; it's just as ugly and dangerous, but we like to pretend it's more respectable because we think we follow rules (although we readily discard them when it's convenient to do so). Combine that with choice quotes from western leaders, and it's very easy to paint American interventionism as another Crusade to be fought back against.

(24-10-2014 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  There's no love lost between me and persons who want to kill the infidels - that doesn't make me a fascist. Maybe an anti-theist. However, I tend to like many liberal Muslims and Christians. Their less strict adherence and less literal interpretations of the insanities of their holy books keeps religion from getting in the way of being decent human beings.

That's my point, that hating the entire religion because of the fundamentalists is painting with too broad of a brush, and will end up alienating those in the best position to help us (religious liberals).

I agree with this. I was feeling particularly grumpy earlier while on my hate rantSmile

Many of the Caucasians I deal with are assholes, too. In fact, most people I deal with are assholes.... no matter their socioeconomic status/race/religion. I'm just channeling my hate towards Muslims in this thread, as they are the topic of discussion.

The part that has me puzzled over immigration is separating the peaceful liberals from the violent, sharia enforcing, I'm going to chop off your uncovered head types. I think you're right in that I paint with too broad a stroke due to fear.

As far as the innocent peasants, I do agree their circumstances are unfortunate - it's heartbreaking. I can't blame them for hating the US - we certainly haven't done anything to endear Iraq and Afghanistan to us. I would prefer to drop care packages en masse with hooked on phonics, leap pad and baby Einstein style toys, iPads, and science text books over their communities rather than bombs. It would be MUCH cheaper than war and beneficial for future generations. Use our drones for something positive -Operation Einstein.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
25-10-2014, 10:09 PM
(25-10-2014 01:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  As far as the innocent peasants, I do agree their circumstances are unfortunate - it's heartbreaking. I can't blame them for hating the US - we certainly haven't done anything to endear Iraq and Afghanistan to us. I would prefer to drop care packages en masse with hooked on phonics, leap pad and baby Einstein style toys, iPads, and science text books over their communities rather than bombs. It would be MUCH cheaper than war and beneficial for future generations. Use our drones for something positive -Operation Einstein.

But that will never happen because the american government can't make money off of a country that learns, better to keep them poor and uneducated than to make them smart. to the U.S government if it doesn't make them money they won't do it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-10-2014, 10:29 PM
(25-10-2014 01:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I agree with this. I was feeling particularly grumpy earlier while on my hate rant Smile

I thought as much. Don't worry, I wasn't about to go full-attack-mode on you. Wink

(25-10-2014 01:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Many of the Caucasians I deal with are assholes, too. In fact, most people I deal with are assholes.... no matter their socioeconomic status/race/religion. I'm just channeling my hate towards Muslims in this thread, as they are the topic of discussion.

Agreed, people are assholes. Big Grin

(25-10-2014 01:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  The part that has me puzzled over immigration is separating the peaceful liberals from the violent, sharia enforcing, I'm going to chop off your uncovered head types. I think you're right in that I paint with too broad a stroke due to fear.

You do your best to sort them as you can, and make no exceptions for them in our secular laws. It's one of the driving reasons why we can't allow Christian privileged, because its a genie that's very hard to put back in the bottle and it's potential abuses are not limited to just the Christians.

But so long as we don't make an exception for Christian decapitations, the Muslims won't get a pass either.

(25-10-2014 01:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  As far as the innocent peasants, I do agree their circumstances are unfortunate - it's heartbreaking. I can't blame them for hating the US - we certainly haven't done anything to endear Iraq and Afghanistan to us. I would prefer to drop care packages en masse with hooked on phonics, leap pad and baby Einstein style toys, iPads, and science text books over their communities rather than bombs. It would be MUCH cheaper than war and beneficial for future generations. Use our drones for something positive -Operation Einstein.

We can't be bothered to spend enough on our own education and infrastructure, plus there really isn't an established profit motive in nation building the way there is in war profiteering. While that all would certainly be more effective than dropping bombs, I say we first drop some Playstations and some Playboys, and let them get all of that aggression and sexual tension out of their systems first. Follow it up with waves of Doritos and Mountain Dew, and they'll all be as docile as a pack of overweight diabetic high-school kids. Yes

[Image: 652112.jpg]

26-10-2014, 07:15 AM
This seems appropriate:
[Image: 2mpxuds.jpg]

Can't remember who posted it before...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-10-2014, 07:27 AM
(26-10-2014 07:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  This seems appropriate:

[Image: SvUU4TU.gif]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
26-10-2014, 11:06 AM
(26-10-2014 07:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  This seems appropriate:

Can't remember who posted it before...

Rev

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-11-2014, 01:14 PM
(24-10-2014 11:46 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 11:28 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You do know some muslim areas are not like that right

Most aren't like that.

The vast majority aren't like that.

Every ideology has its share of fanatical hardliners, and it's possible to oppose those without embracing fascist nativism.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!