The Thread Formerly Known As Knocking Dawkins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2012, 11:25 PM
RE: Ghost's Spam-fest & Erx's shit moderation
(27-08-2012 11:23 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 11:11 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Maybe you will have learnt how to moderate by then. In the meantime, I've done my own thread clean-up, renaming this abortion of a thread for what it is.

Actually, what you've done is lashed out at every single person you come into contact with right now. My two year old can use her words better.

Quite to the contrary. I'm lashing out at the stupid people. Comparing me to your two your old includes you in the list. So, bravo and congratulations on that one. No. Really.... stupendous decision.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2012, 11:25 PM
RE: Knocking Dawkins
(27-08-2012 11:21 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 11:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Pretty childish, bro.

Kinda like taking your ball and going home.

<irony>Fucking shocked.</irony>

It's ironic that I called a spade a spade? Why?

Edit: It just makes no sense to "delete" what you wrote. If you're not in the wrong, then what are you trying to hide... or prove?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
27-08-2012, 11:27 PM
(27-08-2012 11:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 11:21 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  <irony>Fucking shocked.</irony>

It's ironic that I called a spade a spade? Why?

So... I'm a child and you called a child a child? Yeah, your even-handedness was what was ironically shocking.

edit: Everything about Dawkins that was posted by me was deleted by me. Rather than split the difference, I deleted everything. Nothing to hide. Just had enough of this thread and fuckwitted moderators.
27-08-2012, 11:31 PM
He hasn't lashed out at me...yet.

I hope he doesn't though, I like intelligent people.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
27-08-2012, 11:33 PM
(27-08-2012 11:27 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 11:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's ironic that I called a spade a spade? Why?

So... I'm a child and you called a child a child? Yeah, your even-handedness was what was ironically shocking.

Dude. Take a step back. Chill for a sec.

That's not what I meant.

Okay... how is erasing all evidence of what happened helping you? How is it convincing others that you're in the right?

They only thing they have are "deleted" messages and a bit of lashing out towards others.

How is this furthering your cause?

27-08-2012, 11:38 PM
(27-08-2012 11:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 11:27 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  So... I'm a child and you called a child a child? Yeah, your even-handedness was what was ironically shocking.

Dude. Take a step back. Chill for a sec.

That's not what I meant.

Okay... how is erasing all evidence of what happened helping you? How is it convincing others that you're in the right?

They only thing they have are "deleted" messages and a bit of lashing out towards others.

How is this furthering your cause?

I'm not trying to convince others and I'm not trying to hide anything. Deleting some of my posts did others a favour by hiding how badly they've behaved in this thread. If I could, I'd delete the whole thread and start from scratch, because a conversation that was worth having has turned into a complete mess... thanks to Ghost's behaviour (that required a moderator's intervention) and Erx (who fucked up his job of moderation and only made things worse).

If you can't be dispassionate when moderating (leaving your personal feelings about a poster, aside) then you shouldn't be moderating.
27-08-2012, 11:41 PM
[Image: 24401694.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
27-08-2012, 11:47 PM
(27-08-2012 09:58 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 11:19 AM)kim Wrote:  I also feel Dawkins has become a bit of an ideologue, but I wonder how much is him and how much is his publisher... his perceived audience... etc.,.?
I didn't mean he'd become an ideologue in his books -- he writes rationally. I found him to be too biased on his own website.

Yea - I thought about that later; what I meant about perceived audience, I was thinking more of his speaking engagements and debates in which he's participated that I've seen. He's clearly more differently structured in his writing than he is when he's interacting publicly.

(27-08-2012 09:58 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Pundits are popular, and moderates are not as much. This isn't always true -- Seth of the Thinking Atheist is often fair towards Christians -- but even he plays to the crowd often by mocking them and stereotyping them. It's difficult to maintain one's popularity if you're disagreeing with and arguing with most of the people who look up to you. But again, it's not always true. Sam Harris is a good example of a person who remains objective most of the time.

I wonder about that. Do people ever just say what they want to say and then leave it? Do they think it will become too twisted as a result of arbitrary spin and feel a need to defend it? I can kind of see that point but, I am not a fan of punditry at all. I'm often leery of so called "experts" who seem to have answers right out of the gate. I always end up thinking; what the fuck do they know? Still, there's got to be a big difference defending one's professional point of view, as opposed to defending one's opinion.
____

So ... you ruffled Dawkins' feathers, huh? Good on you, but also it was probably somewhat disappointing. I saw him sort of play the victim once as well, and I was somewhat dismayed - why didn't he just fuck off? He came off as a pathetic, old codger. I decided from that point, I'd pretty much just stick with his scientific views and chalk up any "passionate opinion" to just being human. At least that way, I can remain fairly objective. Ha - I hope. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
28-08-2012, 12:03 AM
(27-08-2012 11:47 PM)kim Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 09:58 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I didn't mean he'd become an ideologue in his books -- he writes rationally. I found him to be too biased on his own website.

Yea - I thought about that later; what I meant about perceived audience, I was thinking more of his speaking engagements and debates in which he's participated that I've seen. He's clearly more differently structured in his writing than he is when he's interacting publicly.

(27-08-2012 09:58 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Pundits are popular, and moderates are not as much. This isn't always true -- Seth of the Thinking Atheist is often fair towards Christians -- but even he plays to the crowd often by mocking them and stereotyping them. It's difficult to maintain one's popularity if you're disagreeing with and arguing with most of the people who look up to you. But again, it's not always true. Sam Harris is a good example of a person who remains objective most of the time.

I wonder about that. Do people ever just say what they want to say and then leave it? Do they think it will become too twisted as a result of arbitrary spin and feel a need to defend it? I can kind of see that point but, I am not a fan of punditry at all. I'm often leery of so called "experts" who seem to have answers right out of the gate. I always end up thinking; what the fuck do they know? Still, there's got to be a big difference defending one's professional point of view, as opposed to defending one's opinion.
____

So ... you ruffled Dawkins' feathers, huh? Good on you, but also it was probably somewhat disappointing. I saw him sort of play the victim once as well, and I was somewhat dismayed - why didn't he just fuck off? He came off as a pathetic, old codger. I decided from that point, I'd pretty much just stick with his scientific views and chalk up any "passionate opinion" to just being human. At least that way, I can remain fairly objective. Ha - I hope. Wink

[Image: roflbot.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
28-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Hehe, not missed just ignored, I think Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)