The Thread Formerly Known As Knocking Dawkins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2012, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2012 11:02 PM by Red Celt.)
RE: Knocking Dawkins
[deleted]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2012, 08:48 PM
(27-08-2012 08:42 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 08:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Takes 3 to tango, my friend. Your unimpression impresses me not as well.

You've given the green light to spamming. Be unimpressed with me as much as you want.

I'd ask for the input of a different moderator, but that can't happen now. Moderators have to stick together, else the system falls apart. But so far, you suck at it. Perhaps you will improve with time.... and let's hope that you don't (wrongly) impinge too much on others who have done no wrong.

Your definition of spamming and mine are completely different. This is a lover's quarrel between the 3 of you. If you can't get along, then quit fucking with each other. Plain and simple. If you don't like it, well, then you don't like it, I guess.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
27-08-2012, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2012 11:02 PM by Red Celt.)
[deleted]
27-08-2012, 08:58 PM
(27-08-2012 08:53 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 08:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Your definition of spamming and mine are completely different.

Right. So if I ctrl-c ctrl-v one of my posts 8 times... that isn't spam? If you're going to work with a different definition of spam to the rest of the internet, can you go moderate in the alternative universe that you seem to inhabit?

Are you seriously saying you see no context to Ghost's posts, nor any culpability in this spat of yours? You would do what if you were super moderator of your universe?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-08-2012, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2012 11:02 PM by Red Celt.)
[deleted]
27-08-2012, 09:10 PM
(27-08-2012 09:03 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 08:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are you seriously saying you see no context to Ghost's posts, nor any culpability in this spat of yours?

No and no. Oh, btw...

(27-08-2012 08:19 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  What I mean is, stop your little bitchfest and knock off the baiting and spamming.

(27-08-2012 08:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Your definition of spamming and mine are completely different.

So my definition of spamming actually is the same as yours. I'm glad that you cleared that much up. What would have I done? Whatever the rules are for people that spam. A warning and a kick after repeat behaviour, at a guess. I sure as fuck wouldn't have grouped everyone into the same bucket and treated them the same way, when 2 of them were having a discussion and the 3rd was doing nothing but spam.

Well there you have it then. I'm shocked we don't think exactly the same way. Shocking

~Izel
27-08-2012, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2012 11:03 PM by Red Celt.)
[deleted]
27-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Not sure if anyone wants to hear my opinion but I'll give it anyways.

As far as I see it this is a small argument that's got a little out of hand. Red Celt is questioning/criticising Ghosts addition at the end of his posts and Ghost is posting his troll message back to Red Celt. It's all unnecessary and a little petty.

I agree with Erx, if you don't get along with someone on here then no-ones forcing you to talk to them so the answer should be pretty clear.

As far as the spam thing goes I really wouldn't call it spam. It was posted on one thread and only in context. You can hardly compare it to advertising products in posts or posting the same message fifty times in a variety of threads.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
27-08-2012, 09:20 PM
(27-08-2012 09:15 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 09:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Well there you have it then. I'm shocked we don't think exactly the same way. Shocking

You lied when you said that our definitions differed when it came to spam. You can't claim otherwise, as your own words stated it clearly. I mean, what you could do is man up, apologise for making a boo-boo, give Ghost a warning for spamming and then move on (hopefully) learning from your mistake so as to do a better job in the future at moderating.

Or you could take the coward's way out and just say that we don't agree with each other... and oh, how shocking it is that 2 people don't agree with each other - pause for self-gratification - move on.

Your call, man.

Oh, you already chose.

Call it a lie, but isn't a lie mean someone is covering up the truth? If I was covering up the truth, I'd apologize. In this instance, I didn't put enough thought into my statement.

You reported Ghost for spamming. I don't see this a case of spamming when it was in response to baiting. It was clear, I don't know, maybe after the 1st time, that he was no longer interested in carrying on the discussion further. Yet, persistent little buggers that you and Logica are, didn't let your hard-ons die down so you kept baiting and kept getting the same response. So, in my admin role, I asked that there be no more spamming and baiting. Ghost agreed to the no more spamming but I've yet to see you stop bitching. I'm okay that you don't like that I asked you all to knock off the vitriol. I'm okay that you don't like me. I do think it's silly to keep whining about it.

~Izel
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
27-08-2012, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2012 11:03 PM by Red Celt.)
[deleted]