The Three Abusers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: The Three Abusers.
(09-01-2015 04:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 04:14 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  So... he gets to break the rules simply because he has been here for four years and contributes? Well shit, where is my get out of jail free card? Drinking Beverage

I could understand if he didn't intentionally mean to break the rules, but this was deliberate. He knew the policies and rules here because he is such an old member. Sock puppets was something EXPLICITLY discouraged. He as no excuse, in my eyes.

But ah well, judgement was made. Admin reserves the right.

If you went on a rampage you too would be give 3 (or more) chances to get your shit straight but once the final "Last Chance" was given if you persisted there would be a line through your name as well. He was not given a free pass he was moved 1 step closer to being permanently banned from the forum, he had just been on a time out now he is 1 misstep from being gone.
So, if I made a sock right now, I would just get banned temporarily?

I'm sorry, but fuck that shit. You give me no warnings about soc puppets, just ban my ass if I intentionally go against the rules I AGREED to. I don't want your favoritism, or "discretion" as you call it. I want to be treated just like any other guy.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 04:28 PM
(09-01-2015 04:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 04:21 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Before Stark it was long discussions followed by bad decisions so I don't really see what you're trying to say...

The Wicked Clown situation? yea, that was something alright. But that does not always follow. Sometimes, a discussion can LEAD to good decisions. Not all snap decisions are good ones, and not all long discussed situations are good either.

I still think that discussion and thought rather than a snap-decision is the better alternative.

It was but it wasn't the only thing and wicked clown wasn't the only person who lasted way longer than they should have.

I agree that discussing things and thinking them through generally leads to a better choice.

I wonder why giving long time members a little extra leeway bothers you?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
09-01-2015, 04:30 PM
(09-01-2015 04:26 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 04:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If you went on a rampage you too would be give 3 (or more) chances to get your shit straight but once the final "Last Chance" was given if you persisted there would be a line through your name as well. He was not given a free pass he was moved 1 step closer to being permanently banned from the forum, he had just been on a time out now he is 1 misstep from being gone.
So, if I made a sock right now, I would just get banned temporarily?

I'm sorry, but fuck that shit. You give me no warnings, just ban my ass if I intentionally go against the rules I AGREED to. I don't want your favoritism, or "discretion" as you call it. I want to be treated just like any other guy.

That is a very black and white view that in the long run is much more harmful than having discretion in these cases. In the real world it works much the same way a new employee is held much stricter to the rules than one with many years of service.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-01-2015, 04:32 PM
(09-01-2015 04:14 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 04:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I'm with Stark on this one. Woofs has been a member for what 4 years? That gets more discretion than a fly-by-nite. This is not the first time this has happened it's just not usually so public. Woofs is now on his last strike (by way of Starks comments in the Ban commentary thread) so if he does it again it is over no more games.

So... he gets to break the rules simply because he has been here for four years and contributes? Well shit, where is my get out of jail free card? Drinking Beverage

I could understand if he didn't intentionally mean to break the rules, but this was deliberate. He knew the policies and rules here because he is such an old member. Sock puppets was something EXPLICITLY discouraged. He as no excuse, in my eyes.

He is on a temp ban for rules we know he broke. I suspect it was a sock of woof, but we can't be completely 100% certain of this. It could be his wife is just like he is.

If he's going to be permanently banned I want to be sure he's beyond any hope of change.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-01-2015, 04:35 PM
(09-01-2015 04:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 04:14 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  So... he gets to break the rules simply because he has been here for four years and contributes? Well shit, where is my get out of jail free card? Drinking Beverage

He is on a temp ban for rules we know he broke. I suspect it was a sock of woof, but we can't be completely 100% certain of this. It could be his wife is just like he is.

If he's going to be permanently banned I want to be sure he's beyond any hope of change.

Then why ban the wife if you are not sure?

09-01-2015, 04:36 PM
(09-01-2015 04:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 04:21 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Before Stark it was long discussions followed by bad decisions so I don't really see what you're trying to say...

The Wicked Clown situation? yea, that was something alright. But that does not always follow. Sometimes, a discussion can LEAD to good decisions. Not all snap decisions are good ones, and not all long discussed situations are good either.

I still think that discussion and thought rather than a snap-decision is the better alternative.

You're wrong. This is the best moderation the forum has ever seen (in terms of bans. No offense to the other mods (except Hughsie) because you guys were working within the parameters provided). Stark and Moms are doing a fantastic job right now. This kind of moderation is exactly what a forum of this size needs.

And besides, you of all people should understand admin discretion regarding sock accounts.
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
09-01-2015, 04:39 PM
(09-01-2015 04:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 04:26 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  So, if I made a sock right now, I would just get banned temporarily?

I'm sorry, but fuck that shit. You give me no warnings, just ban my ass if I intentionally go against the rules I AGREED to. I don't want your favoritism, or "discretion" as you call it. I want to be treated just like any other guy.

That is a very black and white view that in the long run is much more harmful than having discretion in these cases. In the real world it works much the same way a new employee is held much stricter to the rules than one with many years of service.

Let's call it what it is then. Favoritism.

Stark favored a long standing member who intentionally broke the rules (concealed his identitiy, if it is even a sock) over a new-ish member who committed the same offense.

Lets not even get started that apparently we banned 'suspected' socks and people for being racist cunts.

I forfeit my favoritism. I don't want it, I stand opposed.

09-01-2015, 04:41 PM
(09-01-2015 04:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 04:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He is on a temp ban for rules we know he broke. I suspect it was a sock of woof, but we can't be completely 100% certain of this. It could be his wife is just like he is.

Then why ban the wife if you are not sure?

Starting to spam, causing a disturbance. It would have only escalated.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-01-2015, 04:45 PM
(09-01-2015 04:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 04:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  The Wicked Clown situation? yea, that was something alright. But that does not always follow. Sometimes, a discussion can LEAD to good decisions. Not all snap decisions are good ones, and not all long discussed situations are good either.

You're wrong. This is the best moderation the forum has ever seen (in terms of bans. No offense to the other mods (except Hughsie) because you guys were working within the parameters provided). Stark and Moms are doing a fantastic job right now. This kind of moderation is exactly what a forum of this size needs.

And besides, you of all people should understand admin discretion regarding sock accounts.

Did you fucking read my first post? I said BAD INTENTIONS. The rules allowed for exceptions. Wolf neither petitioned for one (like some others MIGHT have done, asshole), nor did he make it public that it was a sock. He intentionally concealed his identity from us publicly. If this is not an indicator of bad intentions, I personally don't know what is.

I understand discretion, I WAS in favor of this system, asshat. However, I thought admin discretion wouldn't just be a cloak word for favoritism.

And yeah, I am throwing that word around because it is what it is.

Now, I PROMISED I would let this go. If anyone else has a problem with my point of view, and you want to convince me otherwise, PM me. I am nothing if not a man of my word.

09-01-2015, 04:47 PM
(09-01-2015 04:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 04:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Then why ban the wife if you are not sure?

Starting to spam, causing a disturbance. It would have only escalated.
Which is an assumption.

Might be reasonable, but I don't usually assume.