The Three Abusers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: The Three Abusers.
Personally, I think rep points are childish, but that's probably because I've so few of them, cobbled together over many years and most from people who have long since vacated this forum. If I had 40 or so, I'd probably think they were awesome.

Not that I'm making a shameless plug for rep points or anything like that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
27-12-2014, 12:19 PM
(27-12-2014 11:09 AM)Free Wrote:  Personally, whenever I neg rep someone it is never designed to be permanent. As time goes on, and cooler heads prevail, I will upgrade them to neutral as their attitude improves, and eventually to a positive rep as the situation improves even more.

I do not see the point in continuing to harbor bad feelings towards people, and much more prefer to mend relationships here on the forum with my fellow members.

We can't always agree on everything, but we should never forget that each and every one of us who consider ourselves to be atheists are here for a collective purpose, and should support each other in that purpose.

Even theists always get a second chance from me, as I harbor no dislike for them at all, despite some of my comments, most of which are said in jest.

So Mr Woof, relax, and try to mend some fences.

That will never fly Free, that’s way too calm and measured.

You have to say it louder like this...ahem...

SO MR WOOF, RELAX, AND TRY TO MEND SOME FENCES GODDAMN IT!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
27-12-2014, 12:24 PM
(27-12-2014 12:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 11:09 AM)Free Wrote:  Personally, whenever I neg rep someone it is never designed to be permanent. As time goes on, and cooler heads prevail, I will upgrade them to neutral as their attitude improves, and eventually to a positive rep as the situation improves even more.

I do not see the point in continuing to harbor bad feelings towards people, and much more prefer to mend relationships here on the forum with my fellow members.

We can't always agree on everything, but we should never forget that each and every one of us who consider ourselves to be atheists are here for a collective purpose, and should support each other in that purpose.

Even theists always get a second chance from me, as I harbor no dislike for them at all, despite some of my comments, most of which are said in jest.

I think this is good advice. Wolf....just make ammends with a few people & move on.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
27-12-2014, 12:31 PM
(27-12-2014 11:49 AM)BnW Wrote:  Personally, I think rep points are childish, but that's probably because I've so few of them, cobbled together over many years and most from people who have long since vacated this forum. If I had 40 or so, I'd probably think they were awesome.

Not that I'm making a shameless plug for rep points or anything like that.

I'd've repped you long ago. ... Except you're a lawyer and whatnot.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Wow, I've suddenly found myself over 40. Well, now I see the importance of rep points.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 7 users Like BnW's post
27-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Well hell. Perhaps I should get on this train.

As the Raving Follower of the Stark One, I'm a bit wounded now. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-12-2014, 01:37 PM
(27-12-2014 01:12 PM)BnW Wrote:  Wow, I've suddenly found myself over 40. Well, now I see the importance of rep points.

You have as many rep points as woof as well

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Well rep gets some of you all going again with the blame always placed in my court.

This forum chooses to be very tolerant over personal abuse, and that's it's prerogative.
I am viewed as some sort of rep maniac (actually on a posts per reps basis my rating was'nt too bad at all) but that's not the point.

The salient point is that, other than for perceived trolls who receive walls of red, I have been personally vilified with obnoxious comments, entailing not only myself, but also my family (1) by a few vindictive people, who are accepted with open arms by the vast majority. This doesn't come across as rep, but some sort of personal vendetta. I am often accused of behaviour that seems to manifest itself more strongly in others.
When I stated this fact on a previous occasion I received -3 from Vosur.....rather capricious in my view.

The current post was a result of Chas giving me a negative rep for calling him elderly in response to his referring to me as a 'crazy old coot"; I responded in kind, so who spat the dummy?

Seeing three abusive posts heading my profile, I thought of the three amigos, hence this post. It appears I can't win. The responses, in the main, involve smart aleck jibes that do not address the essential issue at all, that being that some of you have a scape goat mentaity and view some through rose coloured glasses.

As I intend to persevere here I have placed the major protagonists on 'ignore' and will endeavour to engage in some polite and thought provoking discourse.
27-12-2014, 02:56 PM
(27-12-2014 12:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Who actually broke those fences in the first place?
27-12-2014, 02:59 PM
(27-12-2014 12:24 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 12:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  That will never fly Free, that’s way too calm and measured.

I think this is good advice. Wolf....just make ammends with a few people & move on.

I repeatedly tried to make amends with the prime instigator, so don't give me that crap.