The Toilet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2016, 01:58 PM
RE: The Toilet
I would suspect that a person could earn his/her way out, but it would be a rare thing. Turds be turds for the most part.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2016, 02:35 PM
(26-11-2016 10:28 AM)skyking Wrote:  One forum I frequented had the "gimp tank". Once somebody earned a trip into the tank, they could only post in there. Others could go in and reply if they chose.

I don't see the point. We have a "naughty group" which limits participation, and we ban the real troublemakers.

FYI people in the naughty group can't give rep, they can't start new threads and are limited in how many posts they can do in a day, before the system software cuts them off.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-11-2016, 02:51 PM
There was no point. I was unaware of the naughty group.
26-11-2016, 03:08 PM
There's the rare specimen that should probably go to the "Naughty Group" rather than an outright ban. I leave that to the Mods. They're doing a fine job of it.

The rest are shrieking imbeciles with no redeeming qualities. They have no interest in actual discussion so why would we bother keeping them around?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
26-11-2016, 03:09 PM
The difference is that the normally banned can keep posting in one place only, and no one sees it except that they can see each other or people can go there purposefully to engage. It could be super funny, imagine some of the characters we have had here interacting just among themselves.

No need or usefulness in it, just funny.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-11-2016, 04:58 PM
What constitutes as a "troll".
We try to be as free speech as possible here. If we can't handle a few trolls I think that speaks more about us than them.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
26-11-2016, 05:10 PM
^speak fir yerself. I am plenty tolerant and those who don't think so can get the hell out!

Tongue
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
26-11-2016, 05:49 PM
(26-11-2016 03:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  The difference is that the normally banned can keep posting in one place only, and no one sees it except that they can see each other or people can go there purposefully to engage. It could be super funny, imagine some of the characters we have had here interacting just among themselves.

No need or usefulness in it, just funny.

Hell, theBooger already argues with himself. Laugh out load Comedy gold!
26-11-2016, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2016 06:03 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
At TAF, we had a subforum called "the Oubliette". That was one option for moderating decisions -- a specific amount of time, you only post there, and the rules still applied in full. That way members in good standing could read or not read you as they wished, but you couldn't shit up any other threads.

As a plus, we made the wallpaper obnoxious, eye-stabbing colors. We might also change your avatar if you continued being a dick.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
26-11-2016, 08:13 PM
While I can see some limitted entertainment value in a Troll Den, especially if somebody were to launch a couple of chatterbots onto it, I really think that it's more effort than it's worth to maintain a Toilet just for their Shit.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.