The Tower Infinity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2013, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2013 06:31 AM by Free Thought.)
The Tower Infinity
So, apparently the South Koreans have felt the need to once again one-up on the North and has decided to allow the construction of a tower named Tower Infinity , to be constructed just outside Seoul by GDS Architects, a U.S based company, the project is backed by the State-owned Korea Land & Housing Corporation. Upon completion, Infinity is expected to house the third highest observation deck in the world to date.

In addition to this already fairly impressive claim, the tower is to be encased in glass, and this is for more reasons than trolling the local birds. The glass is to be a key component in what is essentially the worlds biggest camouflage system utilising mass LED lights and live-feed cameras to make itself seem invisible:
Karla Cripps, CNN Wrote:Cameras will be placed at three different heights on six different sides of the building to capture real-time images of the surroundings; three other sections, each filled with 500 rows of LED screens, will project the individual digital images.
Through digital processing, images will be scaled, rotated and merged to create a seamless panoramic image that appears on the LED rows to create the illusion of invisibility.
In essence, whatever is going on behind the building will be projected onto the front of the building.

Personally, I think it is incredibly interesting; It's a massive step up for large-scale camouflage technology should it work, and I am in general very interested to see just how effective it might be, should construction actually commence and reach full-scale completion, not to mention the scientific leaps that I hope will be made after this, some light-bend tech maybe?

I'm curious, what does everybody else think?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: The Tower Infinity
A whole new way to kill birds.

Praise science!

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
16-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Let's see if I have this right.

They're planning to build a tall, invisible building next to an airport.

What could possibly go wrong? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
16-09-2013, 07:35 PM
(16-09-2013 08:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  Let's see if I have this right.

They're planning to build a tall, invisible building next to an airport.

What could possibly go wrong? Consider

Nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan, Chas.

I mean, at least the North Koreans won't be able to blow it up or anything like that!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.