The Transport of Proteins into Mitochondria is a irreducible complex system

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2015, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 08:28 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
RE: The Transport of Proteins into Mitochondria is a irreducible complex system
Removed because of error discussed, below.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Ah, I re-read... quick scan last time, mainly looking at links to confirm which parts were "quote mining", since I know that's his main tactic at this point.

He didn't mention Ribosomes, but Ribose.

I apologize about that error.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
10-08-2015, 08:31 PM
(10-08-2015 08:19 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  The PubMed article he quoted is from 1984... the year before we had even invented the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) which allows for RNA to be rapidly scanned!

Orig Life. 1984;14(1-4):565-70.
The improbability of prebiotic nucleic acid synthesis.
Shapiro R.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6462692

so how about you stop now blabbering, and explain as a starter how the 11 step adenine biosynthesis pathway emerged in the prebiotic soup ?? Consider
10-08-2015, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 08:59 PM by Bucky Ball.)
So they have made a ribosome that is much more efficient than the piss-poor one that godexists stupid god "designed".
http://cen.acs.org/articles/93/i31/Desig...Cells.html

We've been through this all before, Mr. Spamming-for-his-idiot-site godexists.

I vote to ban.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-08-2015, 08:46 PM
I can't believe this dipshit thinks we don't learn from last time he pulled this crap.

Oh, maybe THIS time he'll have an honest conversation!

Maybe THIS time he'll acknowledge when he brings us something he was told (with nice graphics!) is Irreducibly Complex, and we show him that someone figured out the means by which it evolved, or figured out multiple paths by which it could have evolved (which often happens, when there are multiple ways it could happen but we have no way of narrowing down by experiment which method nature actually employed in doing so, 4 billion years ago).

Maybe THIS time, he'll honor the basic rules of intellectual honesty.

In the words of our previous President, "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once — shame on — shame on you. You fool me, you can't get fooled again."

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
10-08-2015, 08:50 PM
(10-08-2015 08:46 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I can't believe this dipshit thinks we don't learn from last time he pulled this crap.

Oh, maybe THIS time he'll have an honest conversation!

Maybe THIS time he'll acknowledge when he brings us something he was told (with nice graphics!) is Irreducibly Complex, and we show him that someone figured out the means by which it evolved, or figured out multiple paths by which it could have evolved (which often happens, when there are multiple ways it could happen but we have no way of narrowing down by experiment which method nature actually employed in doing so, 4 billion years ago).

Maybe THIS time, he'll honor the basic rules of intellectual honesty.

In the words of our previous President, "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once — shame on — shame on you. You fool me, you can't get fooled again."

It's on YouTube. Don't make me paste it. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-08-2015, 09:16 PM

Just wanted to repost this 1) because of my total man-crush toward Dr. Tyson, and 2) because I just finished watching the whole thing, and the end of it horrified me, broke my heart, as he talked about the golden age of science and mathematics in the Muslim world, from 800-1100 C.E., inviting scholars from all around the world to come to Baghdad, the center of free thought, and how all of this died after 300 years of flourishing due to religious fundamentalist thinking that attacked it as "a threat to faith".

For 300 years, Muslims made almost every major advance: arabic numbers, algebra, the algorithm, the naming of nearly every star in the sky, etc... and then it was gone in a flash, with the rise of religious intolerance for science in that culture. Now there is nothing. Still. A millennium later. He compared it to what is going on in America, right now, showing the Creationist billboards and anti-BigBang/anti-evolution propaganda, discussing the rhetoric of those who cannot accept the scientific worldview.

He then pointed out that, with 1 billion Muslims in the world, only two have ever received Nobel Prizes. Two. (And one was in Economics.) 300 years of ruling the world of freethought, and now 1/7th of the world's population is almost entirely out of the arena of advancing mankind's knowledge. Why? Because if you look backward into the dusty pages of a Holy Book for your answers, it's all you ever see. Sad

I think I'm gonna go take another motorcycle ride, now.

[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
10-08-2015, 10:06 PM
I started reading up until the heaven forum citation. Seriously?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
10-08-2015, 11:22 PM
Existypants, why haven't you published? Or at least linked us to published articles, and not from 1984 either. 1984 means you've skipped 30 fucking years of research. Very poor effort. 0%

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-08-2015, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 09:40 AM by The Organic Chemist.)

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac