The Transport of Proteins into Mitochondria is a irreducible complex system

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: The Transport of Proteins into Mitochondria is a irreducible complex system
I previously called for his banning because of that factor and the time he posted a "science journal" that turned out to be 100% made-up, a website that deliberately tried to appear like a new but legitimate scientific publication.

That degree of dishonesty goes above and beyond what should be tolerated, because it becomes outright disrespect. We welcome well-founded ideas, but when your entire program is quote-mining to make scientists (and science articles) say things they are not saying, and then go so far as to promote fakery, I think it rises to the degree of abuse that requires banning. Others disagreed. *shrug*

I'm all for tolerating dissent, but not outright disrespect of every intellectual principle we hold dear, including honesty.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-08-2015, 11:16 AM
(17-08-2015 09:39 AM)Godexists Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 08:45 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  No. And it has nothing to do with being dishonest in your tactics.

I was indeed a Christian, until I spotted some of the lies my preacher was telling us about what we know in science (specifically, in the realm of astrophysics, in that case), and began to honestly question what I had been taught about my faith. It didn't take long for the whole case to fall apart. You should try this whole honesty thing.

No kidding, there's more to it? Shocker! I understand Christianity just fine; I was just summing up for brevity's sake.

If you can even potentially name something I don't know about Christianity, I'd be shocked. I have read the Bible all the way through in two translations, and done the "Precept Upon Precept" course for parts of a third. I have taken History of the Bible courses in college, and I was a devout Southern Baptist until the age of 17. I have continued to learn about it since that time.

I have not called you names. (Edit to add correction: I called you "jerk off" in the previous post... you earned it.) I have called you a liar. You willfully post lies here about what science says and what scientists have written/said (see the above "quote-mining" bit). That makes you a liar. I even acknowledged that you may not be aware of the level of dishonesty you are exhibiting. Nothing I have accused you of has been false; I have treated you exactly as I would wish to be treated. If I lie or post false information, I expect to be challenged and corrected with proof. If I quote-mine a Bible verse or religious scholar, especially, I should be corrected.

Don't get me started on the effects missionaries often have in those countries. You wouldn't like what I have to say.

And how dare you! Charity work is not unique to Christians. Atheists may not have as many avenues/mechanisms easily available to them for helping others, since the church organizations do that with structure that we don't posess (we're often called a "herd of cats"), but every atheist organization I have belonged to did charity work. I myself have been active for decades with HIV/AIDS support organizations, and my old Humanist group, SOMA, had numerous events they did on behalf of charities (including working with churches who did similar work), including the Douglas County AIDS Project.

Nothing you post has any such evidence. I read the ones I don't immediately recognize from old Creationist claims that have already been long-ago refuted, and I still have seen nothing that's even remotely worthy of comment.

I made a decision long-ago not to continue to engage in discussions with "machine-gunners", who sling their drivel like a spray of bullets, since to disprove Bullet #1 takes a great deal of time and effort, and the Creationists I have debated have only shown that they are willing to ignore the fact that I answered their BS, proved it was BS, and just move on to Bullet #2, #3... etc.

You can assert that you have evidence all you like. Maybe you even think you do. If that is the case, I feel sorry for you in your delusions about what constitutes scientific methodology, what science actually knows, and how it actually works.

No, they are not. They. Are. Not.

Your "personal library" is a plethora of Creationist nonsense that is child's play (but a lot of effort) to disprove, using actual science, or else it is "well we don't know this one thing" while ignoring what we do know about the overall mechanism, or it is straight-out LIES and quote-mining to try to make science into a strawman version of itself that you can tear down.

As stated in the previous post, I have good reasons and experience that tells me I'd be an idiot to engage with you on that shit. Let one of the youngsters in here do what I did, and disprove your stuff as a means of learning more about what science actually does say, as I did when I was in college studying biochem, and used Creationist arguments to help me study and learn the actual claims of science. Nothing like hunting down misinformation to learn what the real information is!

No, they're not. Indeed, one of the main things in a college biology degree is learning how to distinguish if what you're being told is true or if it needs to be challenged, since that's one of the main goals of science: challenging all that is held to be true (since some of it may not be, and needs to be updated). For you to say that "mainstream" scientific papers make a false claim means that you have the mechanism to show that they are false. GREAT!!

So go publish your paper about how they're false in a peer-reviewed journal, in a way that shows better methodology and clearer results, and collect your Nobel Prize in chemistry!

I snipped out your arguments, in part because you clearly don't understand the Beta-barrel argument and I just don't have the energy to explain to you all the other ways we do know about endosymbionts, or find out what parts of that article (assuming it's a real one, and not one of the fake journals you psyched me out with, before, when I violated my own rule and actually engaged you a few weeks ago) you clipped out to make your strawman argument, this time. I'm just not going to do it. As I said above, I'll let one of the youngsters, who doesn't yet realize that Creationists are inherently-dishonest people, handle it. Meanwhile I'll just laugh at you as you drone on about scientific "conspiracies" and watch you claim that the Christians who are actual scientists (including my fiancee, who works in a genetics lab) are just going along to help atheists "discredit God".

Give me a fucking break, dude. Can you really not see how crazy that is?

I answer you, even on this level, because people like you infuriate me, and I won't see people think that because I'm not answering you at all, it's because I cannot answer you or something. It's in fact because I've dealt with your type of troll before, both in real life and online, for the past twenty years, and I'm sick to death of the way you operate. I won't stand for it.

Please do NOT engage me anymore, and please do NOT answer to my posts anymore. The oportunity window for you is closed , at least from my part.

Wow. You're not only delusional and dishonest - you're also a coward. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
17-08-2015, 12:18 PM
(17-08-2015 10:31 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Heh, he blocked me so I can't see his posts. I can't even see him when he's quoted in other posts.

Nice.

I did not block you. No need to do so. I just wish no further dialogue. I have already sayd what i think was necessary. Job done.
17-08-2015, 12:19 PM
(17-08-2015 11:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 09:39 AM)Godexists Wrote:  Please do NOT engage me anymore, and please do NOT answer to my posts anymore. The oportunity window for you is closed , at least from my part.

Wow. You're not only delusional and dishonest - you're also a coward. Drinking Beverage

it seems you have nothing better to do. If you do not like my topics and post, why do you not search another playground ?
17-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Oop, yep I see him. Hrm... odd. I saw his part of a post, then I couldn't see it. And now it's back.

I am running some Javascript software for my bike design stuff that is making my computer really quirky and laggy... perhaps it's on my end, then.

Sorry for false accusation, GE!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
17-08-2015, 12:51 PM
(17-08-2015 12:19 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 11:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  Wow. You're not only delusional and dishonest - you're also a coward. Drinking Beverage

it seems you have nothing better to do. If you do not like my topics and post, why do you not search another playground ?

(17-08-2015 10:26 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  What is your response to any of these posts?

And yes, I'm aware that he is being quite disingenuous, and I am just railing against a brick wall. I take the time to make these posts for the benefit of other readers, not because I expect that Godexists will ever actually bother to respond properly.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
17-08-2015, 04:18 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-08-2015, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2015 04:25 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
It should be noted that Kenneth R. Miller is a Christian and a biologist, for those who don't know. That's why I talked about "cognitive dissonance" with those who claim that science is just a conspiracy of atheists... guys like Miller would scream bloody murder about it!

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-08-2015, 04:37 PM
(17-08-2015 04:22 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It should be noted that Kenneth R. Miller is a Christian and a biologist, for those who don't know. That's why I talked about "cognitive dissonance" with those who claim that science is just a conspiracy of atheists... guys like Miller would scream bloody murder about it!

He is also an author, with one of the most popular high-school level biology textbooks to his credit. Not only that, he was also a star witness on the side of real science education in the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-08-2015, 04:45 PM
(17-08-2015 11:00 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I previously called for his banning because of that factor and the time he posted a "science journal" that turned out to be 100% made-up, a website that deliberately tried to appear like a new but legitimate scientific publication.

That degree of dishonesty goes above and beyond what should be tolerated, because it becomes outright disrespect. We welcome well-founded ideas, but when your entire program is quote-mining to make scientists (and science articles) say things they are not saying, and then go so far as to promote fakery, I think it rises to the degree of abuse that requires banning. Others disagreed. *shrug*

I'm all for tolerating dissent, but not outright disrespect of every intellectual principle we hold dear, including honesty.

Oh, but we will remember what a dishonest little shitbag he is, and we won't let him forget it.

[Image: keep_calm_and_we_know_by_yurai_kun-d4oavtc.jpg]

[Image: elephanthoodie_fullpic_artwork.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post