The Transport of Proteins into Mitochondria is a irreducible complex system

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2015, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2015 05:50 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
RE: The Transport of Proteins into Mitochondria is a irreducible complex system
I'm watching the central Miller speech-video, "The Collapse of Intelligent Design"... he handily dissects most of GE's arguments. Nice choice.

Edit to Add: YAY! Miller mentions Our Lord And Savior, the FSM, @ 1h:32m. (Even cooler, Lawrence Krauss is in the audience, and asks the next question.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-08-2015, 06:36 PM
(17-08-2015 12:18 PM)Godexists Wrote:  I have already sayd what i think was necessary. Job done.

Does this mean you're going to leave now?

#sigh
17-08-2015, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2015 06:54 PM by Chas.)
(17-08-2015 12:19 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 11:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  Wow. You're not only delusional and dishonest - you're also a coward. Drinking Beverage

it seems you have nothing better to do. If you do not like my topics and post, why do you not search another playground ?

How about you run off to woo-land and share your delusions with the gullible people there? Consider

This is not your playground as you are neither a thinker nor an atheist.

Besides, the public has a need to know about your delusion, dishonesty, and cowardice.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
17-08-2015, 06:52 PM
(17-08-2015 06:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 12:19 PM)Godexists Wrote:  it seems you have nothing better to do. If you do not like my topics and post, why do you not search another playground ?

How about you run off to woo-land and share your delusions with the gullible people there? Consider

They all banned him because nobody is that gullible. We are his last chance to give voice to his lunacy..

#sigh
17-08-2015, 06:55 PM
No "job done" here (except the shit left on the rug from godexist's pathetic visits).
He "sayd" nothing of value, but it is the level of drivel one would expect at a playground.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Looking at this creationist site, it has wonderful "science" such as this:

Dinos with humans

[Image: ye3c_d10.jpg]

Easily debunked here: Tripping over a trilobite

Quote:
The "footprint" in question was collected by a man named Meister several years ago, and it was immediately jumped on by Melvin Cook, who is not a paleontologist, as evidence of human-trilobite cohabitation.

I have seen the specimen in question and it is nothing more than a slab of Wheeler shale that has a fragment spalled off in the form of a footprint, which reveals a trilobite, Erathia kingi.
To reiterate, the trilobite is genuine, the footprint is not.

So he posts all of this ID nonsense on here, but maybe he should be posting his real belief in Young-Earth creationism, world-wide floods and humans living at the same time as trilobites.

Lying for Jesus is still lying.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
18-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Hey GodExists, is your name Angelo?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2015, 07:50 AM
I'm not reading through 24 pages to see if this was already posted...

[Image: Flagellum.jpg]
[+] 11 users Like RobbyPants's post
22-08-2015, 05:33 AM
nobody to address this ?

Or how do proponents of evolution explain how natural selection would have favoured the emergence of Hsp70 chaperones, central components of the cellular network, proteins which assist a large variety of protein folding processes in the cell by transient association of their substrate binding domain with short hydrophobic peptide segments within their substrate proteins ? That is in our case, their function of which was to prevent a still-useless rubisco small subunit from folding outside the chloroplast? They are made, used during the synthesis process, and once Rubisco assembly has finished, these enzymes are discarted. This is very much a factory-like production and assembly-line process, using fully automatized and programmed nano-robot like molecular machines, namely enzymes. Most parts, if missing, render 1. the assembly of Rubisco impossible, and 2. Rubisco useless. Many parts, if missing render it not fully functional and defective. Beside the enzymes that have use in other biological systems, there would be no reason to make them unless all other parts were there too, and the assembly insctructions of Rubisco. As a analogy, if you had to make the implementation of a car factory, why would you make the assembly chain of a piston, if you do not have all the precise instructions to make 1. the car as a whole, and 2. the instructions of the precise shape and the materials required for the piston in particular, and how to mount it in the motor ? Thats precisely what happens in the cell . Evolution has no consciousness, and no forsight nor intelligence. But precisely that is required for PLANNING and make of blueprints. I cannot create a machine, without the precise drawing and project information in advance, which is required to make 1. the assembly tools 2. the subparts 2. the whole machine.

How do proponents of evolution explain how natural selection would have favoured a protein complex the function of which was to prevent a still-useless Rubisco small subunit from folding outside the chloroplast? Before it evolved a way to get the protein inside, there would be no benefit from keeping it unfolded outside. How could blind chance ‘know’ it needed to cause large subunit polypeptides to fold ‘correctly’ and to keep them from clumping? It could not ‘anticipate’ the ‘correct’ conformation before the protein became useful. And evolution would need to be clever indeed to chemically modify something not yet useful so that it could be folded ‘correctly’ when even the ‘correctly’ folded polypeptide would not yet become useful.

Only a designer would know why it would be necessary to produce a specialized protease, target it to the chloroplast, and program it to clip off the targeting sequence of the small subunit at just the right place. And what about the assembly of a collection of meaningless rubisco parts in just one certain way? In order to design a sophisticated set of tools to make something else useful in the future that had, as yet, no function, evolution (as ‘designer’) would have had to have detailed knowledge of the future usefulness of the protein it was so cleverly engineering. If evolution managed to generate any one of these chaperone protein complexes (and it would not), it would still be useless for generating rubisco unless all the other chaperones were also present. Without any one of them, the sixteen-unit complex could not be generated.
22-08-2015, 05:51 AM
At work.

*Sigh*

People have responded to your previous posts. I also belive others have asked you questions. Sorry if I missed your reply.