The True Costs of Not Vaccinating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2013, 05:49 PM
The True Costs of Not Vaccinating
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2013...776327.htm

With so much misinformation out there this is why people should talk to their doctors before making decisions like this. Jenny Mccarthy is a dumb bimbo who has caused harm far beyond her worth.

BTW Chas I was going to put this under science since it is pro-vaccine but for you I refrained. Smile

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: The True Costs of Not Vaccinating
(14-06-2013 05:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2013...776327.htm

With so much misinformation out there this is why people should talk to their doctors before making decisions like this. Jenny Mccarthy is a dumb bimbo who has caused harm far beyond her worth.

BTW Chas I was going to put this under science since it is pro-vaccine but for you I refrained. Smile

No surprise at all. These idiots have to learn the hard way about his stuff.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
14-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Anti-vaccination fuckers ought to be liable for public endangerment charges. And that's the best they deserve.
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
14-06-2013, 10:00 PM
(14-06-2013 08:32 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Anti-vaccination fuckers ought to be liable for public endangerment charges. And that's the best they deserve.

And, on top of that, they should have to pay out of their own pockets for medical treatment when their kid comes down with tetanus or polio or any other disease that we normally prevent with vaccines.

As a reminder, boosters are often necessary to maintain the passive immunity that vaccines provide. I ended up with mumps when I was about 10 and had a 3-week case of measles when I was a teenager because there were no booster shots for MMR. But they are offered now, so do the right thing by your kids and get them vaccinated.

My daughters were very annoyed with me when I took them for Gardasil vaccines when they became available. However, a little discussion about cervical cancer encouraged them to roll up their sleeves. It pisses me off to no end that the vaccine is not being offered to boys, because they can contract HPV and spread it just as well as girls. (Just ask Michael Douglas...)

. . . all the gods were stories we told the children to make them behave. ~ Thoros of Myr (Game of Thrones, Episode 3:06)
[+] 3 users Like Scully's post
14-06-2013, 10:09 PM
They should be forced to sign *agreements to disclose* to the other families in their classrooms, their non-vaccinated status, and sign acceptance of liability, and agree to pay the costs if one of them comes down with Polio, or Rubella/German Measles, or whatever, and other kids in the class get the disease.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Or be awarded the Darwin Award, officially, for being the weakest link in the herd.

I feel bad saying that... to be honest I feel bad, there is so much fear for children when you're a parent that most of this is emotional manipulation. I, too, wish there wasn't so much misinformation out there. I know an anti-vaccer who's daughter was in the hospital two months ago with measles and they had the toughest time keeping the child temperature down. Super scary.
14-06-2013, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 11:31 PM by Julius.)
There are some risks from Vaccines...for some people. It is apparent that some people are allergic to some of the additives to these vaccines, bit not the actual "dead disease" itself - that's harmless. This is good. For if there are careful ways of screening out people who may be allergic to certain vaccine additives, then the risk of Vaccination falls to about ZERO. I just wish people would/could explain this better. Unfortunately, people tend to view it as an "All or nothing" scenario - where it's absolutely good for everyone or a potential killer. Such is really not the case.

Lucky for me, I come from a family that isn't allergic to much, so we can handle frickin' vaccine ever invented - and this like most people and this is good. Because if most people were not vaccinating, then there would probably be a lot of shit-arse disease roamin' about and fuckin' people up. And that would suck.
15-06-2013, 05:29 AM
(14-06-2013 11:28 PM)Julius Wrote:  There are some risks from Vaccines...for some people. It is apparent that some people are allergic to some of the additives to these vaccines, bit not the actual "dead disease" itself - that's harmless. This is good. For if there are careful ways of screening out people who may be allergic to certain vaccine additives, then the risk of Vaccination falls to about ZERO. I just wish people would/could explain this better. Unfortunately, people tend to view it as an "All or nothing" scenario - where it's absolutely good for everyone or a potential killer. Such is really not the case.

Lucky for me, I come from a family that isn't allergic to much, so we can handle frickin' vaccine ever invented - and this like most people and this is good. Because if most people were not vaccinating, then there would probably be a lot of shit-arse disease roamin' about and fuckin' people up. And that would suck.

On a risk/reward scale it is practically 100% in favor of vaccination. Since generally you are given said vaccinations in a medical setting and should an allergic reaction occur medical staff would be there to administer treatment.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-06-2013, 07:44 AM
(14-06-2013 10:49 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Or be awarded the Darwin Award, officially, for being the weakest link in the herd.

I feel bad saying that... to be honest I feel bad, there is so much fear for children when you're a parent that most of this is emotional manipulation. I, too, wish there wasn't so much misinformation out there. I know an anti-vaccer who's daughter was in the hospital two months ago with measles and they had the toughest time keeping the child temperature down. Super scary.

The conspiracy theorists just uncovered a plot by Big Pharma to create vaccines for the diabolical purposes of immunizing you and your children against deadly diseases.

It's just a pity their son had to be put on the brink of death before they understood that.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
15-06-2013, 09:28 PM
(15-06-2013 05:29 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-06-2013 11:28 PM)Julius Wrote:  There are some risks from Vaccines...for some people. It is apparent that some people are allergic to some of the additives to these vaccines, bit not the actual "dead disease" itself - that's harmless. This is good. For if there are careful ways of screening out people who may be allergic to certain vaccine additives, then the risk of Vaccination falls to about ZERO. I just wish people would/could explain this better. Unfortunately, people tend to view it as an "All or nothing" scenario - where it's absolutely good for everyone or a potential killer. Such is really not the case.

On a risk/reward scale it is practically 100% in favor of vaccination. Since generally you are given said vaccinations in a medical setting and should an allergic reaction occur medical staff would be there to administer treatment.

Hey...I've walked 2 parents through the medical system during their end-of-life death marches associated with old age and illness and I can tell you that too wholly trust medical staff is one of the worst mistakes you could ever make. I figure my father had a couple of years clopped off the end of his life due to the negligence of the hospital which performed his heart bypass. After all was said and done, he had to have his chest rebuilt due to all the bone he had lost during a post-operative infection brought about by a fall in the hospital - a fall which I had warned them could happen if they tried to get the old man to walk when his blood pressure was below a certain limit. Also, the problem was compounded when a heart surgeon tried to rebuild dad's chest without the help of a plastic or vascular surgeon!!! Ultimately, my dad's chest had to be rebuilt again by a platsic-surgeon with a vascular-surgeon buddy assisting - they were absolute wizards.

Within the Medical Profession are a lot of good people, and some of the most arrogant and dangerous SOBs that ever walked the earth.

Question Everything.