"The Truman Show" — The Best Atheistic Movie Ever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 02:03 PM
RE: "The Truman Show" — The Best Atheistic Movie Ever
(19-12-2014 12:40 PM)gofish! Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 11:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You do realize that was written a year and a half ago, right?

Yes I do, thanks.

(18-12-2014 11:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I've never understood why timestamps are practically invisible to most people on the Internet.

Hmm, funny. I've never understood why some people jump to conclusions too readily. Smile

So, you're intentionally being annoying and breaking Internet etiquette? Like one of those people that stands in the middle of the crowded grocery store aisle with their cart sideways reading the ingredients on a cake mix box while people are trying to get around your inconsiderate self? Got ya.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
19-12-2014, 02:57 PM
(19-12-2014 02:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, you're intentionally being annoying and breaking Internet etiquette? Like one of those people that stands in the middle of the crowded grocery store aisle with their cart sideways reading the ingredients on a cake mix box while people are trying to get around your inconsiderate self? Got ya.

No, you seem to be doing that all by yourself. Smile

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
19-12-2014, 04:23 PM
(19-12-2014 02:57 PM)gofish! Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 02:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, you're intentionally being annoying and breaking Internet etiquette? Like one of those people that stands in the middle of the crowded grocery store aisle with their cart sideways reading the ingredients on a cake mix box while people are trying to get around your inconsiderate self? Got ya.

No, you seem to be doing that all by yourself. Smile

[Image: jamesvan.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-12-2014, 06:13 PM
(18-12-2014 04:04 PM)Sam Wrote:  I always saw the first Matrix film like that...
As much as I enjoy The Matrix and the playfulness with which it deals with different religions, myths and phenomenology, I do think sidesteps the issue of the existence of God. After all, Neo is the archetypical Messiah.

Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
19-12-2014, 06:21 PM
(18-12-2014 10:58 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Then again, it wasn't a particularly good movie although it was probably the only Jim Carrey movies where he didn;t make it unwatchable.
It was good despite Carrey. I can't help wondering how much better it would have been with anybody else...

Other notable fact is that Phillip Glass actually stars as the musical director...

Me.
20-12-2014, 02:13 PM
(19-12-2014 06:13 PM)gofish! Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 04:04 PM)Sam Wrote:  I always saw the first Matrix film like that...
As much as I enjoy The Matrix and the playfulness with which it deals with different religions, myths and phenomenology, I do think sidesteps the issue of the existence of God. After all, Neo is the archetypical Messiah.

I have to disagree with this. I think the Matrix can be seen as religious and atheistic. I even wrote a blog entry exploring this. If you want a link to it let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Cant believe so many of you don't like Jim Carrey.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
20-12-2014, 04:01 PM
(20-12-2014 02:28 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Cant believe so many of you don't like Jim Carrey.

That is the laces-in crowd. Pay them no heed.
21-12-2014, 03:23 AM
(20-12-2014 04:01 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 02:28 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Cant believe so many of you don't like Jim Carrey.

That is the laces-in crowd. Pay them no heed.

Jim Carrey is like ska or big band music.

It's fun in moderation.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-12-2014, 08:16 AM
(21-12-2014 03:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 04:01 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  That is the laces-in crowd. Pay them no heed.

Jim Carrey is like ska or big band music.

It's fun in moderation.

Jim Carrey makes me wish for Gilbert Godfried. Any amount is too much.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP