The Trump Assault on Freedom Begins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: The Trump Assault on Freedom Begins
(24-01-2017 08:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You think some employee sits in a corner sending out tweets about every little thing?

Some presidents certainly fucking do. If he wants government officials and employees to stop tweeting he should lead by example.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Mr. Boston's post
25-01-2017, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2017 03:59 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(25-01-2017 03:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 03:00 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If it worked that way we wouldn't have political parties. When the dems had control they passed the ACA with ZERO republican votes.

"Elections have consequences." - Barack H. Obama

Quote:The newly amended bill eventually passed the House of Representatives at 11:19 PM EST on Saturday, November 7, 2009, by a vote of 220-215. The bill passed with support of the majority of Democrats, together with one Republican who voted only after the necessary 218 votes had already been cast. Thirty-nine Democrats voted against the bill. All members of the House voted, and none voted "present".

Facts - use them. Drinking Beverage

Not sure where you got your "facts" but the official total was 219 democrats and ZERO republicans.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll165.xml

You must be referencing one of the drafts before the final vote.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Sounds like Steve Bannon was registered to vote in two different states. Too bad we can't deport the racist asshole.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/pag...c5jmu.html

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
25-01-2017, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2017 07:52 PM by Chas.)
(25-01-2017 03:53 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 03:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Facts - use them. Drinking Beverage

Not sure where you got your "facts" but the official total was 219 democrats and ZERO republicans.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll165.xml

You must be referencing one of the drafts before the final vote.

You are exactly right; I stand corrected.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-01-2017, 02:27 AM
(24-01-2017 07:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This is temporary.
Isn't that what they said about Hitler?

Sapere aude
26-01-2017, 05:13 AM
(26-01-2017 02:27 AM)f stop Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 07:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This is temporary.
Isn't that what they said about Hitler?
Well, Hitler was temporary. His rule didn't last long.

Also Trump is no Hitler. Second one was fanatic putting ideology first (even taking into account his deal with Russia). Trump is just power hungry politician with big ego.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 05:55 AM
(26-01-2017 05:13 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Trump is just power hungry politician with big ego.

I don't think he's *just* that. He's also a rabble rouser and a dangerous lunatic.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-01-2017, 06:02 AM
(26-01-2017 05:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 05:13 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Trump is just power hungry politician with big ego.

I don't think he's *just* that. He's also a rabble rouser and a dangerous lunatic.

I concede the point. Still, he's no Hitler.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 06:46 AM
(26-01-2017 06:02 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 05:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  I don't think he's *just* that. He's also a rabble rouser and a dangerous lunatic.

I think he may well achieve similarly disasterous results through incompetence and aggressiveness towards those who wound his pride.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-01-2017, 07:45 AM
(26-01-2017 06:02 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 05:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  I don't think he's *just* that. He's also a rabble rouser and a dangerous lunatic.

He is a version of Hitler, albeit he is mentally defective in a way that leaves him vulnerable to being manipulated as well as digging his own grave by being unable to let any slight go.. he will turn against his own people and they will bring him down. Hopefully just before the two year mark, so when Pence enters the office, we can have an election changing the house and senate to democratic, rendering him a lame duck.

In the long run, we will have to change the political system and add parties. The two party system has become a quagmire. It just doesn't work, there is no dialogue.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post