The Trump Assault on Freedom Begins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2017, 08:00 AM
RE: The Trump Assault on Freedom Begins
(26-01-2017 06:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 06:02 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I concede the point. Still, he's no Hitler.

I think he may well achieve similarly disasterous results through incompetence and aggressiveness towards those who wound his pride.
That's certainly possible.

There is no need to compare him with Hitler, who spoke about mass killings since beggining his carrier. It's easy enough to call him on his bullshit without mentioning failed Austrian painter.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 08:02 AM
(25-01-2017 06:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Sounds like Steve Bannon was registered to vote in two different states. Too bad we can't deport the racist asshole.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/pag...c5jmu.html

Can we build a wall around him and make him pay for it?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
26-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Comparing Trump to Hitler is an insult ... to Hitler
I don't know much about der Fuhrer, but there's no way he was as stupid as Trump.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
26-01-2017, 11:34 AM
(26-01-2017 11:20 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Comparing Trump to Hitler is an insult ... to Hitler
I don't know much about der Fuhrer, but there's no way he was as stupid as Trump.

Comparing them is insult to Trump for whatever he is he isn't genocidal fanatic who killed millions chasing his delusions.

Also Trump might be jerk but I doubt that he is stupid - it's easy to ascribe stupidity to clowns like him. I catch myself doing same thing in regard to Polish politicians. But theirs sucess means that they aren't stupid. Obnoxious, bigoted, whatever else. Foolish - don't think so.

Lastly Hitler while no fool was no genius either. Good demagogue believing in what he said, with phenomenal memory allowing him to impress others? Yes, but also hate filled fanatic.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 11:44 AM
(24-01-2017 07:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  Spicer conveniently not knowing about things he should know about when asked is fast becoming a theme with him.

Or, he just makes shit up.

Scot Spicer is a dirty no good sycophantic cunt who wouldn't know truth if it hit him in the face, that's the British /European evaluation of the situation.
26-01-2017, 12:23 PM
(26-01-2017 11:34 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 11:20 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Comparing Trump to Hitler is an insult ... to Hitler

Comparing them is insult to Trump for whatever he is he isn't genocidal fanatic who killed millions chasing his delusions.

Also Trump might be jerk but I doubt that he is stupid - it's easy to ascribe stupidity to clowns like him. I catch myself doing same thing in regard to Polish politicians. But theirs sucess means that they aren't stupid. Obnoxious, bigoted, whatever else. Foolish - don't think so.

Lastly Hitler while no fool was no genius either. Good demagogue believing in what he said, with phenomenal memory allowing him to impress others? Yes, but also hate filled fanatic.

I see where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree, perhaps because I am comparing the two individuals in isolation, rather than looking at their actions.

Trump's vocabulary alone signals that his IQ is below average.
His talent is in self-promotion and gaslighting, which are fine for realty TV and maybe even for branding, not so much for the reality of governing. And his insecurities make him so easy to manipulate! I doubt that was true for Hitler.

But even if we consider their actions, Trump's "success", or rather his history of civil litigation and bankruptcies, are further evidence of his lack of business skills. Given the wealth he was born into, if he were even mildly intelligent, he should have made MUCH more money.
Now consider what Hitler might have done if he had been born with the same advantages (scary thought, isn't it).

Don't get me wrong; they're both monsters.
And given his malignant narcissism, Trump is very dangerous and should not be underestimated
However, IMO he's much too stupid to be considered in the same league as Hitler

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
26-01-2017, 12:49 PM
(26-01-2017 12:23 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  I see where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree, perhaps because I am comparing the two individuals in isolation, rather than looking at their actions.

One can't divorce actions from those who do/order them I would say. Trump is buffon and lot more but not man who ordered genocide.

Quote:Trump's vocabulary alone signals that his IQ is below average.

Or he is smart enough to know what words to use when appealing to particular part of populace.

Quote:His talent is in self-promotion and gaslighting, which are fine for realty TV and maybe even for branding, not so much for the reality of governing. And his insecurities make him so easy to manipulate! I doubt that was true for Hitler.

In other words Trump is a good demagogue? So was Hitler. While he may had been hard to manipulate - don't remember some time has passed since I read one of his biographies - he had enough other faults, ideological blindness being one of them.

Quote:But even if we consider their actions, Trump's "success", or rather his history of civil litigation and bankruptcies, are further evidence of his lack of business skills. Given the wealth he was born into, if he were even mildly intelligent, he should have made MUCH more money.

And you base this speculation on what exactly? I somehow doubt that things are so easy to equal more intelligence meaning more money.

Quote:Now consider what Hitler might have done if he had been born with the same advantages (scary thought, isn't it).

Hitler being born in upper middle class or higher could mean that he wouldn't even become dictator. No point in making what ifs. Much could happen were he been born in different circumstances but there is no way to know.

Quote:Don't get me wrong; they're both monsters.

None of them is monster. I get why Hitler is called such, but it trivialize his evil and ability to cajole nation into his crimes. What he did was monstrous but humanity has long history of mass killings, prejudice and slavery - he was just a man. Dangerous, deranged and with shitty personality.

Same is with Trump - same as in that he is no monster.

Quote:And given his malignant narcissism, Trump is very dangerous and should not be underestimated

Maybe.

Quote:However, IMO he's much too stupid to be considered in the same league as Hitler

Hitler wasn't some evil genius. Much of his success steams from circumstances and I think UK feeling that they should give Reich some slack after supposedly* unjust treaty. Hitler didn't won by dazzling people with brilliance, he just bullshited skillfully enough to be co-opted to power and then he was canny enough to betray those who wanted to use him.

*Supposedly cause while it was no diplomatic masterpiece one has only to look to Germany one at Brest Litovsk with Russia.

Mikhail Bakunin.