for the answer.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(20-02-2017 12:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  Now the left knows how we felt for the last 8 years.
I am glad that the left can be in our shoe for a while.

Perfectly understandable. Petty but understandable.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-02-2017, 12:17 PM
(20-02-2017 12:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
GirlyMan Wrote:Because there's not.

Thank you.
for the answer.

There are some very eerie similarities to Watrergate. Down to the exact phrasing of some denials.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-02-2017, 12:18 PM
(20-02-2017 12:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  Now the left knows how we felt for the last 8 years.

Damn. Republicans so poor they only got one shoe! And we all gotta try to fit into it?
20-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Grasshopper Wrote:Damn. Republicans so poor they only got one shoe!
And we all gotta try to fit into it?

I thought that party of Democrats was the party of the poor and oppressed.
How can it be if they don't even want to try to understand what it means to be in the shoe of the poor?

20-02-2017, 12:31 PM
(20-02-2017 12:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Grasshopper Wrote:Damn. Republicans so poor they only got one shoe!
And we all gotta try to fit into it?

I thought that party of Democrats was the party of the poor and oppressed.
How can it be if they don't even want to try to understand what it means to be in the shoe of the poor?

Sorry, I was just poking a little fun at your English. The common saying is "in the shoes of ..." (shoes -- plural). The image of being in someone's shoe (singular) just struck me as funny. Nothing serious was intended. Carry on.
20-02-2017, 12:37 PM
(20-02-2017 12:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 12:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  I thought that party of Democrats was the party of the poor and oppressed.

Sorry, I was just poking a little fun at your English. The common saying is "in the shoes of ..." (shoes -- plural). The image of being in someone's shoe (singular) just struck me as funny. Nothing serious was intended. Carry on.
Thumbsup no problem That was Russian version of the same saying

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
20-02-2017, 01:22 PM

It's not entirely a left/right thing for me. Trump used to be a Democrat, and I despised him then, too. If he had run as a Democrat, I would have voted Republican for the first time in my life. I'm not hating on "the right" -- I'm hating on Trump.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
20-02-2017, 01:55 PM
(20-02-2017 01:22 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It's not entirely a left/right thing for me. Trump used to be a Democrat, and I despised him then, too.

I despised him since I became aware of him. That must be nearly 30 years ago. He always seemed to be the embodiment of everything that's wrong with America. Loud, phony, money grabbing bastard. Constantly bankrupting himself and his creditors in the process. There's nothing to admire, nothing to feel any kind of sympathy, no mitigating factor. I'd rather go for a beer with Al Capone than with that kind of person.
[+] 4 users Like abaris's post
20-02-2017, 02:40 PM
I doubt he'll be impeached. That's why he's campaigning. The people who love him, still love him.

Unfortunately what the democrats should be holding their own rallies, drawing crowds showing a better way and reaching out to rural communities as well as cities. Leave Clinton out...move forward with a clear vision for the future.

But no...

It's more fun to just sit back, laugh, engage in hand wringing and do essentially nothing but wait until two years have passed and they've lost more congressional and senate seats.

The biggest problem the Democrats have to overcome is the size of their own egos -- that everyone agrees with them and the whole country hates trump. The problem is that they don't, but if you only listen to them and their perspective then you're in their echo chamber. Stop the reacting to all shit ppp does and start acting to bring about change.

Clearly this is why they lost the election they simply didn't try hard enough to win.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post