The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-07-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(29-07-2017 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is like some sorta modernization of "cuckold"? Whatever happened to "Your wife's a whore." Has more sting in my opinion than "Oh yeah, oh yeah, ... well you're a cuckold."

Well, a cockold enjoys it when is/her partner is having sex with someone else. While someone who has a cheating spouse does not. Its not exactly the same thing. It's actualy even more stupid since liking watching your partner having sex with someone else is not a problem, a weakness or an insult. It's a kink. It's the new ''your gay'' insult.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
29-07-2017, 05:36 PM
(29-07-2017 04:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  My entire point is based on the current mood of the country.

Are you living on planet X? Are you autistic and can't connect or understand other human emotions? Do you realize how unpopular this nutsack you call your president is? What the hell is wrong with you that you can't see what an insane man this is? If he were the CEO of any company and acted like this he'd be fired in the second week. No company would hire him and normal human thinking people realize this.

He's an anomaly and won because people hated Hillary. They didn't vote FOR trump as much as they voted AGAINST Hillary. Guess what, Hillary isn't around for trump to use as leverage anymore. He's out hanging by himself with less and less support.

The only reason he had any sort of business was because it was all family owned and he didn't have to compromise with anyone, publically disclose his finances or be accountable to anyone but his narcissistic self. That's the total opposite of how the presidency works and he has no clue how to do this job nor does he have the mental curiosity to fine out how to proceed in the position. Fuck him.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Malignant narcissists like to break their toys when they are not pleasing anymore. He has started breaking his toys.

What will trip him up is that there are a lot of people who like his toys (here Priebus and Sessions, no one really seemed to care about Spicey). He's going to lose republican support. When he does, he will be screwed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
29-07-2017, 05:58 PM
(29-07-2017 12:46 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  With the senate rules the way they are (60 votes needed for legislation) nothing will get done with a 52-48 split. Trump is right. They need to change the rule to 51 votes to pass legislation. Since we've become a divided nation, its unlikely congress will agree on any agenda so the 60 vote rule needs to go.

No and I’ll explain to you why in one word, compromise.

The truth is that the elected official’s great responsibility is to be adept at deal-making and reaching a middle ground, you know, like capable and responsible adults.

Unfortunately both sides have forgotten that the best results in a fair negotiation is when both sides get some of the things they want but have to give up on others. I think its in this nation's best interest not to pass any laws with a simple majority, the best laws come when people on both sides struggle to reach a compromise.

By keeping the 60/40 rule it forces them to work together, 8-10% of lawmakers from the other party will have to be won over and convinced thus tempering any extremism from either side. I have no doubt that if the Democrats held a 51/49 majority you would be defending the 60/40 split.

And so it goes, the founding fathers intentionally wanted the legislative body to have to compromise and the three branches of government to have to work together and share the balance of power to avoid poor legislation to pass and power-hungry demigods to rule with abandon...or tweets.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
29-07-2017, 05:59 PM
(29-07-2017 05:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  Malignant narcissists like to break their toys when they are not pleasing anymore. He has started breaking his toys.

What will trip him up is that there are a lot of people who like his toys (here Priebus and Sessions, no one really seemed to care about Spicey). He's going to lose republican support. When he does, he will be screwed.

I think he's already lost it. Once Murkowski, Collins, and McCain showed them there was nothing to be afraid of from the tiny tiny tiny little man, a bunch of the rest of them are gonna break ranks too. Rubio, Graham, hell Cruz is already thinking two steps ahead and is wondering how he can get Paul Ryan's job quick like.

And what the fuck was Trump thinking trying to intimidate and threaten them anyway? The name Murkowski is like a dynasty in Alaska. The Republicans Tea Partied her in the primary and she still won on a motherfucking write-in. ... a motherfucking write-in. McCain would've done this just to dick with Trump even if he wasn't dying. And Collins is from a State run by women who keep electing Paul Lepage to remind men why women should be running the State. Trump and the Republicans didn't ever bother to threaten her.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-07-2017, 06:00 PM
(29-07-2017 05:17 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is like some sorta modernization of "cuckold"? Whatever happened to "Your wife's a whore." Has more sting in my opinion than "Oh yeah, oh yeah, ... well you're a cuckold."

Well, a cockold enjoys it when is/her partner is having sex with someone else. While someone who has a cheating spouse does not. Its not exactly the same thing. It's actualy even more stupid since liking watching your partner having sex with someone else is not a problem, a weakness or an insult. It's a kink. It's the new ''your gay'' insult.

Is this because they realized "snowflake" was stupid? So they invented something even stupider?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-07-2017, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2017 06:22 PM by epronovost.)
(29-07-2017 06:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 05:17 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Well, a cockold enjoys it when is/her partner is having sex with someone else. While someone who has a cheating spouse does not. Its not exactly the same thing. It's actualy even more stupid since liking watching your partner having sex with someone else is not a problem, a weakness or an insult. It's a kink. It's the new ''your gay'' insult.

Is this because they realized "snowflake" was stupid? So they invented something even stupider?

It predates ''snowflake'' in terms of usage by a long shot, but both (and you're gay) rely on the same concept. The person described by one of these epithet lacks virilty and/or has espoused traditionnal ''feminine'' virtues and behaviors. It's basically a shame tool directed (mostly) at men to enforce certain norms of behavior and values.

Yes, it's stupid (and sometime downright evil), but has a certain effectiveness.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
29-07-2017, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2017 06:19 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(29-07-2017 04:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You're counting total cash on hand, not just money raised in 2017. My entire point is based on the current mood of the country. Right now, in 2017 republicans are receiving more donations than democrats. What they've been able to accumulate over the last 10 years is irrelevant.

The current mood now is irrelevant. Let's see the mood in 2018, when indictments are up and donations are down.

You should be ashamed of yourself, LDH. A cop like you, a law-and-order guy, a fucking veteran, lending your support to an administration which has not only broken the law (perjury, no doubt), but sold our fucking country out to an opponent.

You really need to bite your teeth, brotha. You're not only making all us veterans look like idiots with your Trump masturbation, you're also supporting a guy who had his minions meet, in the middle of a campaign, with an opposing power, to whom he already owes money, to garner another debt, this one political.

Jack off in private, and think before you go public, m'kay?
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-07-2017, 06:27 PM
(29-07-2017 04:55 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 01:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  So what you're saying is that you've witnessed crimes and didn't report them, even though that was your job. If you ever wonder why citizens don't trust police, just go look in the mirror.

I'll take "The Blue Shield" for a Daily Double, Alex.

Notice LDH has not written a single word about this reply to him at all.

I wonder why?

[Image: 2eg4myw.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-07-2017, 08:05 PM
(29-07-2017 12:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 11:30 AM)epronovost Wrote:  ...
In my experience, that type of change in behavior is symptomatic of underlying issues and stress.

Nah. Just sick of the constant attacks from people here. I'm at the point where I just don't care. I tried to be the guy with the different point of view, but after a year of "you're a fucking idiot" by people that can't handle the truth, I'm just going to act like them.

And yet you largely ignore those who want to challenge that different point of view in a rational manner.

(29-07-2017 03:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...
Did you even read what I wrote?

Well ditto.

I challenged your fund-raising claim here. But no reply, just repetition of the claim.

To expand on that, have a think about what certain metrics actually indicate.

Many small donations from individuals ($27?) are likely to be indicators of trust, loyalty, confidence, hope etc.
Whereas large donations from PACs are indicators of what used to be called bribes as per the video in the link, above.

So what the numbers are telling us is that the wannabe influencers consider the Republicans to be more easily bought that the Democrats.
They no longer have to pay their Clinton Tax so they are shifting the money they are saving from that to where they can see better return.

For quite some time in US politics, the will of the people has been irrelevant compared to the will of the donors/sponsors. The question regarding 2018 is whether enough people have woken up to this reality by then.

The pretty graphics are easily available that show that states who have worked to make Obamacare successful have done just that whereas the states that wanted to see it fail likewise achieved their goal.
Will the voters in those states realise that they have been played by their political overlords? You are implying that they won't, i.e. that they are apathetic, ignorant dumbfucks, and you might be right.

(29-07-2017 12:46 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 12:39 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I think the most 'American' thing we can do is think for ourselves. We aren't ruled by an authoritarian figure, we elect a president and representatives. We should absolutely be questioning them and their motives for the rules that govern us, regardless of ones political affiliation.

I do wonder if this is part and parcel of being a career (police, military, etc.) that demands loyalty and obedience to a leader. You are taught not to ask too any questions, not really to think for yourself.

Or perhaps some of us agree with the Republican agenda? Trump and republicans were sent to do a job. They were given a majority in congress for a reason. Repeal Obamacare. Build a wall. Stop Muslim immigration. Get tough on crime. Destroy ISIS. Trump is doing what he can (appointing Mattis as SecDef and Gorsich to Supreme Court) but its up to republicans in congress to write legislation. With the senate rules the way they are (60 votes needed for legislation) nothing will get done with a 52-48 split. Trump is right. They need to change the rule to 51 votes to pass legislation. Since we've become a divided nation, its unlikely congress will agree on any agenda so the 60 vote rule needs to go.

So let's have a look at some of those.

And remember that I speak as a republican (I'm not a monarchist) and that I think a tyranny (non-gene-dependent monarchy) is less harmful than a plutocracy.

Or perhaps some of us agree with the Republican agenda?
Very likely. But obviously a minority of voters.

Trump and republicans were sent to do a job.
But they don't seem to agree upon what that job might be.

They were given a majority in congress for a reason.
As a protest... in despair.

Repeal Obamacare.
See above. Also bear in mind the Fox News effect... "Hahaha, we're gonna get rid of libtard Obamacare, but I'm alright Jack cos I have the ACA!" - forgetting of course, that Obamacare originated from Conservative policy-makers. Facepalm

Build a wall.
To stop Mexicans going back to Mexico as was happening pre-election?

Stop Muslim immigration.
That's an easy one... get the fuck out of the middle-east, you weren't invited. I can see Rand Paul voting for that; McCain etc. not so much.

Get tough on crime.
Simple... Resource optimisation to redress the imbalance in wealth from the current Pareto distribution to the normal (bell-curve) distribution.

My preference would be to dust off the guillotines and line up the hedge-fund managers and the remainder of Goldman Sachs who aren't now in the cabinet. Second thoughts, I'd start with those swamp-monsters.

Destroy ISIS.
Again, easy... stop funding them. But did Ms. Gabbard's bill get anywhere? Of course not.
Meanwhile Trump shits on the very people who are destroying ISIS ... Iran, Lebanon (incl. Hezbollah Facepalm ), Russia.

Quote:... [Nasrallah] announced that al-Nusra Front's “military chapter in Lebanon has ended,” Nasrallah said Hizbullah “dedicates this victory to all Lebanese and the peoples in the region who have suffered from terrorism and takfiri brutality.”

As for the outskirts of the border towns of Ras Baalbek and al-Qaa, which are occupied by the jihadist Islamic State group, Nasrallah said he would address the issue “after the end of al-Nusra's file.”

Reinforcements from the army's elite units were pouring into the Bekaa region on Wednesday for a possible anti-IS operation in the outskirts of al-Qaa and Ras Baalbek.

Trump is doing what he can (appointing Mattis as SecDef and Gorsich to Supreme Court) but its up to republicans in congress to write legislation.
That's fair. And I have a preference for a conservative SCotUS (in the Haidtian sense of 'conservative') but these two chaps seem to be in favour of privateerism rather than conservatism.

With the senate rules the way they are (60 votes needed for legislation) nothing will get done with a 52-48 split.
Except only an idiot didn't know that the Obamacare vote was not a 60 vote deal. That idiot being Trump, apparently.

Trump is right.
It's easy to be right when one vacillates so often.

They need to change the rule to 51 votes to pass legislation.
Except when the opposition gets 51, right? Rolleyes

Since we've become a divided nation, its unlikely congress will agree on any agenda so the 60 vote rule needs to go.
See Full Circle's reply.

$10 bucks says you won't read this.

Big Grin

[+] 10 users Like DLJ's post