The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-07-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(29-07-2017 12:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I tried to be the guy with the different point of view, but after a year of "you're a fucking idiot" by people that can't handle the truth, I'm just going to act like them.

And you actually think this will be a change ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-07-2017, 08:44 PM
(29-07-2017 06:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 04:55 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Notice LDH has not written a single word about this reply to him at all.

I wonder why?

[Image: 2eg4myw.jpg]

Maybe he realized he's outed himself as a thug, bad as anyone he arrested? Nah, that would require him to have an iota of self awareness.

I wonder how many of the convictions he boasts about were..helped along...by LDH planting evidence. He's already admitted to looking the other way when his colleagues were breaking the law; it's hard to believe he had clean hands himself.
[+] 7 users Like julep's post
29-07-2017, 09:10 PM
(29-07-2017 08:44 PM)julep Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 06:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  [Image: 2eg4myw.jpg]

Maybe he realized he's outed himself as a thug, bad as anyone he arrested? Nah, that would require him to have an iota of self awareness.

I wonder how many of the convictions he boasts about were..helped along...by LDH planting evidence. He's already admitted to looking the other way when his colleagues were breaking the law; it's hard to believe he had clean hands himself.

He says he's only had one arrest not result in a conviction. I'm skeptical. Give him a 20-year career, and an average 50 arrests per year. He's saying that he's 99.9% right.

Forgive my skepticism. I've seen cops so wrong so often that I ain't buying what he's selling. Sounds like Internet bluffery to me -- "I was right 99.9% of the time!!11!!"

Even if he didn't plant evidence to procure that sort of conviction rate, which is very unusual for cops, it's just as easy to understand it as "I'm on the Internet and no one can fact-check me."
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-07-2017, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2017 09:40 PM by epronovost.)
(29-07-2017 09:10 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 08:44 PM)julep Wrote:  Maybe he realized he's outed himself as a thug, bad as anyone he arrested? Nah, that would require him to have an iota of self awareness.

He says he's only had one arrest not result in a conviction. I'm skeptical. Give him a 20-year career, and an average 50 arrests per year. He's saying that he's 99.9% right.

Forgive my skepticism. I've seen cops so wrong so often that I ain't buying what he's selling. Sounds like Internet bluffery to me -- "I was right 99.9% of the time!!11!!"

Even if he didn't plant evidence to procure that sort of conviction rate, which is very unusual for cops, it's just as easy to understand it as "I'm on the Internet and no one can fact-check me."

90% + of all person arrested plead guilty simply because they cannot afford to fight the charges. No, it's not that surprising. If you count municipal violation, that's even worst.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
29-07-2017, 09:52 PM
(29-07-2017 09:24 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 09:10 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He says he's only had one arrest not result in a conviction. I'm skeptical. Give him a 20-year career, and an average 50 arrests per year. He's saying that he's 99.9% right.

90% + of all person arrested plead guilty simply because they cannot afford to fight the charges. No, it's not that surprising. If you count municipal violation, that's even worst.

Maybe he was just a traffic cop, sure.
29-07-2017, 10:13 PM
(29-07-2017 08:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 12:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Nah. Just sick of the constant attacks from people here. I'm at the point where I just don't care. I tried to be the guy with the different point of view, but after a year of "you're a fucking idiot" by people that can't handle the truth, I'm just going to act like them.

And yet you largely ignore those who want to challenge that different point of view in a rational manner.

(29-07-2017 03:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...
Did you even read what I wrote?

Well ditto.

I challenged your fund-raising claim here. But no reply, just repetition of the claim.

To expand on that, have a think about what certain metrics actually indicate.

Many small donations from individuals ($27?) are likely to be indicators of trust, loyalty, confidence etc.
Whereas large donations from PACs are indicators of what used to be called bribes as per the video in the link, above.

So what the numbers are telling us is that the wannabe influencers consider the Republicans to be more easily bought that the Democrats.
They no longer have to pay their Clinton Tax so they are shifting the money they are saving from that to where they can see better return.

For quite some time in US politics, the will of the people has been irrelevant compared to the will of the donors/sponsors. The question regarding 2018 is whether enough people have woken up to this reality by then.

The pretty graphics are easily available that show that states who have worked to make Obamacare successful have done just that whereas the states that wanted to see it fail likewise achieved their goal.
Will the voters in those states realise that have been played by their political overlords? You are implying that they won't, i.e. that they are apathetic, ignorant dumbfucks, and you might be right.

(29-07-2017 12:46 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Or perhaps some of us agree with the Republican agenda? Trump and republicans were sent to do a job. They were given a majority in congress for a reason. Repeal Obamacare. Build a wall. Stop Muslim immigration. Get tough on crime. Destroy ISIS. Trump is doing what he can (appointing Mattis as SecDef and Gorsich to Supreme Court) but its up to republicans in congress to write legislation. With the senate rules the way they are (60 votes needed for legislation) nothing will get done with a 52-48 split. Trump is right. They need to change the rule to 51 votes to pass legislation. Since we've become a divided nation, its unlikely congress will agree on any agenda so the 60 vote rule needs to go.

So let's have a look at some of those.

And remember that I speak as a republican (I'm not a monarchist) and that I think a tyranny (non-gene dependent monarchy) is less harmful than a plutocracy.

Or perhaps some of us agree with the Republican agenda?
Very likely. But obviously a minority of voters.

Trump and republicans were sent to do a job.
But they don't seem to agree upon what that job might be.

They were given a majority in congress for a reason.
As a protest... in despair.

Repeal Obamacare.
See above. Also bear in mind the Fox News effect... "Hahaha, we're gonna get rid of libtard Obamacare, but I'm alright Jack cos I have the ACA!" - forgetting of course, that Obamacare originated from Conservative policy-makers. Facepalm

Build a wall.
To stop Mexicans going back to Mexico as was happening pre-election?

Stop Muslim immigration.
That's an easy one... get the fuck out of the middle-east, you weren't invited. I can see Rand Paul voting for that; McCain etc. not so much.

Get tough on crime.
Simple... Resource optimisation to redress the imbalance in wealth from the current Pareto distribution to the normal (bell-curve) distribution.

My preference would be to dust off the guillotines and line up the hedge-fund managers and the remainder of Goldman Sachs who aren't now in the cabinet. Second thoughts, I'd start with those swamp-monsters.

Destroy ISIS.
Again, easy... stop funding them. But did Ms. Gabbard's bill get anywhere? Of course not.
Meanwhile Trump shits on the very people who are destroying ISIS ... Iran, Lebanon (incl. Hezbollah Facepalm ), Russia.

Quote:... [Nasrallah] announced that al-Nusra Front's “military chapter in Lebanon has ended,” Nasrallah said Hizbullah “dedicates this victory to all Lebanese and the peoples in the region who have suffered from terrorism and takfiri brutality.”

As for the outskirts of the border towns of Ras Baalbek and al-Qaa, which are occupied by the jihadist Islamic State group, Nasrallah said he would address the issue “after the end of al-Nusra's file.”

Reinforcements from the army's elite units were pouring into the Bekaa region on Wednesday for a possible anti-IS operation in the outskirts of al-Qaa and Ras Baalbek.

Trump is doing what he can (appointing Mattis as SecDef and Gorsich to Supreme Court) but its up to republicans in congress to write legislation.
That's fair. And I have a preference for a conservative SCotUS (in the Haidtian sense of 'conservative') but these two chaps seem to be in favour of privateerism rather than conservatism.

With the senate rules the way they are (60 votes needed for legislation) nothing will get done with a 52-48 split.
Except only an idiot didn't know that the Obamacare vote was not a 60 vote deal. That idiot being Trump, apparently.

Trump is right.
It's easy to be right when one vacillates so often.

They need to change the rule to 51 votes to pass legislation.
Except when the opposition gets 51, right? Rolleyes

Since we've become a divided nation, its unlikely congress will agree on any agenda so the 60 vote rule needs to go.
See Full Circle's reply.

$10 bucks says you won't read this.

Big Grin

Clap Would that every person in the US could read this. But in the off chance that LDH does read it, it'll only go whoosh. Prove us wrong, with a well-reasoned response, LDH, one without hyperbole.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
29-07-2017, 10:35 PM
I think I'm going to take another 5 month vacation from the forum. You guys stress me out. No offense but sometimes it's 25 on 1 and it's hard to respond to everyone.

I'll be back at Trump's one year mark. We'll see where things stand.

Have fun agreeing with each other repeatedly. If some of you all weren't so rude and disrespectful with the name calling and personal attacks, you'd probably have more people come around to debate. But since "you're fucking stupid" is the standard response, I see why some good posters don't come around too much.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
29-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Don't hurry back. No, seriously. Don't. Drinking Beverage

[Image: DEY-eTzUAAARRz6.jpg:large]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 7 users Like Vera's post
29-07-2017, 10:47 PM
(29-07-2017 10:35 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I think I'm going to take another 5 month vacation from the forum.

OK. See you later.

And don't forget the ten bucks.

Angel

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-07-2017, 11:01 PM
(29-07-2017 10:35 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I think I'm going to take another 5 month vacation from the forum. You guys stress me out. No offense but sometimes it's 25 on 1 and it's hard to respond to everyone.

I'll be back at Trump's one year mark. We'll see where things stand.

Have fun agreeing with each other repeatedly. If some of you all weren't so rude and disrespectful with the name calling and personal attacks, you'd probably have more people come around to debate. But since "you're fucking stupid" is the standard response, I see why some good posters don't come around too much.

Yeah. Don't let the door hit you on the butt on your way out.
That *group-think* bullshit we get from ANYONE who comes here and finds INDIVIDUALLY we (many) happen to totally disagree with bullshit. You post bullshit, Dork Lord.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post