The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-07-2017, 03:21 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(29-07-2017 10:35 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I think I'm going to take another 5 month vacation from the forum. You guys stress me out. No offense but sometimes it's 25 on 1 and it's hard to respond to everyone.

I'll be back at Trump's one year mark. We'll see where things stand.

Have fun agreeing with each other repeatedly. If some of you all weren't so rude and disrespectful with the name calling and personal attacks, you'd probably have more people come around to debate. But since "you're fucking stupid" is the standard response, I see why some good posters don't come around too much.

The only personal attack I've made on you is based on the admission you yourself gave -- that you, as a police officer, witnessed crimes and did not one goddamned thing about them. I don't think I've been rude to you, but still you're afraid to discuss it.

You were a peace officer who witnessed crimes committed in your presence and you did nothing to stop them. You'd ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Why don't you come back once you have a coherent set of ethics?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
30-07-2017, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2017 06:13 AM by SYZ.)
(29-07-2017 12:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Here's some truth for you.

Trump is president. As I predicted.
Congress is still controlled by republicans. As I predicted.
Trump put a conservative on the supreme court. As I predicted.
The ACA is failing miserably. As I predicted.
Liberals can't stop crying. As I predicted.

Here's some more truth.
Republicans will win even more in the midterms.
Democrats will cry some more.

LOL... I'm not quite sure how to respond to these absurd "claims"!

This sort of nonsensical stuff is exactly the reason people have been piling shit on you mate. You seem to think that you're some sort of knowledgeable political commentator; the only one with the inside running on White House issues. When in fact I'm guessing you're in reality some socially awkward kid pounding his keyboard (and other things?) in his mom's basement. You obviously rely mainly on hearsay and skewed Republican media for all your, apparently, limited knowledge of current US politics—at the expense of numerous, accredited polls across the American electorate.

Your silly claim that "Republicans will win even more in the midterms" is totally without any supportive evidence, and in actuality all the political pundits—those folks actually armed with real knowledge, unlike you—have quite rightly predicted the exact opposite. The mid-terms are basically a de facto vote on how well, or otherwise, the incumbent president is doing. In Trump's disastrous case, the House loss to the Reps could well be in the triple digit range—and possibly a record mid-term loss.

And you should note that I make my comments as a distant, politically unbiassed foreigner, living in a country the size of Canada, and with higher socioeconomic standards than the US.

You also need to acknowledge that over the past 21 mid-term elections, the incumbent's party has lost an average of 30 seats in the House, sometimes upwards of 50. That Trump will buck this trend is extremely unlikely. The Democrats need only [sic ] to gain 24 seats to take control of the House.

A recent Public Policy Polling (PPP) survey found that 47% of Americans support impeachment of Trump while 43% oppose it. And if 218 members of the House think it's right—or simply in their political interest—to impeach Trump, then he can be impeached. Only 37% of voters say they think Trump is honest, compared with 56% who say he's not. A majority of voters—53%, come right out and say they consider Trump to be a liar compared with 41% who disagree with that characterization.

I'd be interested to see if you can cite any surveys that contardict these figures. And please—not simply personal opinion.

EDIT: Added following comments—

Quote:I think I'm going to take another 5 month vacation from the forum.

Your prerogative matey.

Quote:I'll be back at Trump's one year mark. We'll see where things stand.

After the mid-terms would be a better time methinks—when the Democrats have possibly taken back the House.

—And if or when you do return here, it might pay you to be a bit less confrontational and a bit more flexible in considering other folks' opinions. You're very single-minded and push your notions as though there's no rational reason to disagree with them. And as far as being the target of offensive insults, maybe you'd best check back through your own comments on this forum. You've never been a shrinking violet yourself LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
30-07-2017, 06:34 AM
Dark Helmet, if you engaged in discussions instead of just stating claims, you would do better.

You interfered in many threads with off topic partisan statements instead of discussing the topic. That is what irritates me.

Other than that, I enjoy having opposing voices.

See you in a few months.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
30-07-2017, 10:06 AM
(29-07-2017 10:35 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I think I'm going to take another 5 month vacation from the forum. You guys stress me out.

Good thing you got health insurance.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-07-2017, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2017 03:45 PM by Anjele.)
So LDH took a powder for a few months so he could come back and convince us as to what a wonderful president tRump is. Since we have been difficult to convince of same, he is off again.

Will be waiting to hear all the wonderful (great and huge) things tRump manages to do in the next five months. Drinking Beverage

Mark your calendars boys and girls...some time around the New Year the bearer of the good news will be back to fill us in.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-07-2017, 02:16 PM
I am under the impression anybody with a braincell could shut Mike Pence up, discussing sexual rights in the "land of the free"; yet nobody does it.

Why?

He's a walking hypocrite. I know that Pence does wierd shit when he's fucking somebody; maybe he likes to get spanked by a cactus or dresses up like an ice cream man in foreplay. But I'm not allowed to look into his kinks, oh no, that's not "fair". But then again, what the fuck makes him think that he has the right to look into what a gay couple does in their bedroom? What, because they're gay? How is two dudes or two chicks fucking eachother different from any other consentual fetish? All men where created equal, right? Is that what it says in the bloody Constitution?

It would be remarkably easy to make that asshole either admit that he's full of shit, or humiliate him by watching running in circles, doding the question.

Yet, I've never seen a democrat, or any other American citizen do so(if I'm wrong, please show me, I wanna see that fucker squirm).

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
30-07-2017, 02:19 PM
(30-07-2017 02:16 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I am under the impression anybody with a braincell could shut Mike Pence up, discussing sexual rights in the "land of the free"; yet nobody does it.

Why?

He's a walking hypocrite. I know that Pence does wierd shit when he's fucking somebody; maybe he likes to get spanked by a cactus or dresses up like an ice cream man in foreplay. But I'm not allowed to look into his kinks, oh no, that's not "fair". But then again, what the fuck makes him think that he has the right to look into what a gay couple does in their bedroom? What, because they're gay? How is two dudes or two chicks fucking eachother different from any other consentual fetish? All men where created equal, right? Is that what it says in the bloody Constitution?

It would be remarkably easy to make that asshole either admit that he's full of shit, or humiliate him by watching running in circles, doding the question.

Yet, I've never seen a democrat, or any other American citizen do so(if I'm wrong, please show me, I wanna see that fucker squirm).

What brought that on? Big Grin

He calls his wife "mother".

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
30-07-2017, 02:32 PM
(30-07-2017 05:29 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Only 37% of voters say they think Trump is honest, compared with 56% who say he's not. A majority of voters—53%, come right out and say they consider Trump to be a liar compared with 41% who disagree with that characterization.

This is something I still have trouble with. 37% think that madman is honest??? What the fuck have they been smoking? I'd like some too. Also 37% is way too high for a nutbag like this Trump guy. How can he have that level of support? 41% think he's not a liar??? What the fuck? That's 1 in 3 Americans? Are they stupid? They've had six months of scandal after scandal after fucking terrifyingly incompetent policy-by-tweet followed by more scandals just to keep things interesting, and they think this guy is *honest* and straightforward? Surrounded by bad people who let him down?

Facepalm Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
30-07-2017, 02:46 PM
(30-07-2017 02:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-07-2017 05:29 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Only 37% of voters say they think Trump is honest, compared with 56% who say he's not. A majority of voters—53%, come right out and say they consider Trump to be a liar compared with 41% who disagree with that characterization.

This is something I still have trouble with. 37% think that madman is honest??? What the fuck have they been smoking? I'd like some too. Also 37% is way too high for a nutbag like this Trump guy. How can he have that level of support? 41% think he's not a liar??? What the fuck? That's 1 in 3 Americans? Are they stupid? They've had six months of scandal after scandal after fucking terrifyingly incompetent policy-by-tweet followed by more scandals just to keep things interesting, and they think this guy is *honest* and straightforward? Surrounded by bad people who let him down?

Facepalm Angry

They say that he is "real". He says it how he sees it. And all these college educated snobs just hate him and persecute him and will say anything about him. They identify more with him than someone with an education.

Others are just not ready to let go of the hope that he will come through and they will find jobs.

And then of course many have been shooting their mouth off about his wonderfulness since he started running and admitting that he is a liar would make them lose face.

And there are probably more groups of Trumpers. It will take time. He is losing the republicans in congress now so.... we are moving ahead.

[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
30-07-2017, 03:08 PM
(30-07-2017 02:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-07-2017 02:16 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I know that Pence does wierd shit when he's fucking somebody; maybe he likes to get spanked by a cactus or dresses up like an ice cream man in foreplay. But I'm not allowed to look into his kinks, oh no, that's not "fair".

What brought that on? Big Grin

He calls his wife "mother".

#sigh