The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-08-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(02-08-2017 07:18 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 06:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's not early onset, he is 70+.

The White House came out and admitted that trump DIDN'T get a call from the Mexican president nor did the head of the Boy Scouts call him to say how wonderful his speech was.

The thing is, is that he lies about things that aren't even plausible. Like he claimed the Mexican Presiden Nieto called to say "very few people are coming because they know they’re not going to get through our border, which is the ultimate compliment.” Why the hell would President Nieto call and say something like that when he's been against building a wall and laughing at trump for 8 months or more?

I mean, when I tell a lie (admit it people, we ALL tell lies once in a while) I think it through and make it sound logical and plausible. I swear, this man is out to lunch with an invisible sandwich. Facepalm

His lies are either to paint himself more orange - erm - in a bright shiny light, or they are to redirect the thoughts of others away from something scary to him.

He is not aware that he lies to make himself look good - he's done it all his life because of his disorder. Once he said it, he believes it.

The redirection of thoughts is the sly fox part of him. It is how he manipulates puppets -erm- people.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
02-08-2017, 08:43 PM
(02-08-2017 07:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  The redirection of thoughts is the sly fox part of him. It is how he manipulates puppets -erm- people.

Classic narcissistic behavior ...in a word, gaslighting.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-08-2017, 09:02 PM
From Trump's "Art of the Deal". They explain everything.

On a daily schedule: "I try not to schedule too many meetings. I leave my door open. You can't be imaginative or entrepreneurial if you've got too much structure. I prefer to come to work each day and just see what develops."

On critics: "The way I see it, critics get to say what they want to about my work, so why shouldn't I be able to say what I want to about theirs?"
On flexibility: "I never get too attached to one deal or one approach. For starters, I keep a lot of balls in the air, because most deals fall out, no matter how promising they seem at first."

On the press: "One thing I've learned about the press is that they're always hungry for a good story, and the more sensational the better. It's in the nature of the job, and I understand that. The point is that if you are a little different, or a little outrageous, or if you do things that are bold or controversial, the press is going to write about you.

On bad press: From a pure business point of view, the benefits of being written about have far outweighed the drawbacks. It's really quite simple ... The funny thing is that even a critical story, which may be hurtful personally, can be very valuable to your business."

On exaggeration: "The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It's an innocent form of exaggeration, and a very effective form of promotion."

On fighting back: "When people treat me badly or unfairly or try to take advantage of me, my general attitude, all my life, has been to fight back very hard. The risk is you'll make a bad situation worse, and I certainly don't recommend this approach to everyone. But my experience is that if you're fighting for something you believe in — even if it means alienating some people along the way — things usually work out for the best in the end."

On results: "You can't con people, at least not for long. You can create excitement, you can do wonderful promotion and get all kinds of press, and you can throw in a little hyperbole. But if you don't deliver the goods, people will eventually catch on."
On competing: "I'm the first to admit that I am very competitive and that I'll do nearly anything within legal bounds to win. Sometimes, part of making a deal is denigrating your competition."

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-08-2017, 10:59 PM
(02-08-2017 09:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  On fighting back: "When people treat me badly or unfairly or try to take advantage of me, my general attitude, all my life, has been to fight back very hard. The risk is you'll make a bad situation worse, and I certainly don't recommend this approach to everyone. But my experience is that if you're fighting for something you believe in — even if it means alienating some people along the way — things usually work out for the best in the end."

How's that working out for you, Donny-boy?
02-08-2017, 11:15 PM
(02-08-2017 10:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 09:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  On fighting back: "When people treat me badly or unfairly or try to take advantage of me, my general attitude, all my life, has been to fight back very hard. The risk is you'll make a bad situation worse, and I certainly don't recommend this approach to everyone. But my experience is that if you're fighting for something you believe in — even if it means alienating some people along the way — things usually work out for the best in the end."

How's that working out for you, Donny-boy?

Maybe his name should be "Donnybrook".
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
03-08-2017, 06:59 AM
(02-08-2017 11:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 10:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  How's that working out for you, Donny-boy?

Maybe his name should be "Donnybrook".

Babbling Brook perhaps?
[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
03-08-2017, 09:00 AM
(02-08-2017 07:18 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 06:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's not early onset, he is 70+.

The White House came out and admitted that trump DIDN'T get a call from the Mexican president nor did the head of the Boy Scouts call him to say how wonderful his speech was.

The thing is, is that he lies about things that aren't even plausible. Like he claimed the Mexican Presiden Nieto called to say "very few people are coming because they know they’re not going to get through our border, which is the ultimate compliment.” Why the hell would President Nieto call and say something like that when he's been against building a wall and laughing at trump for 8 months or more?

I mean, when I tell a lie (admit it people, we ALL tell lies once in a while) I think it through and make it sound logical and plausible. I swear, this man is out to lunch with an invisible sandwich. Facepalm

And yet Republicans will just respond "BUT BUT BUT OBAMA.....HILLARY....!!!"
03-08-2017, 11:43 AM
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/201...idiot.html
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
03-08-2017, 12:15 PM
(03-08-2017 11:43 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/201...idiot.html

Do you think Australia might take Trump off our hands if we promise not to send him by boat? Okay, maybe not. Not enough alcohol in the country ...
Weeping
[+] 3 users Like Rockblossom's post
03-08-2017, 12:31 PM
(03-08-2017 11:43 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/201...idiot.html

Wow. It's like trump can't understand words. I could throw a beachball into a crowd of surfer dudes and it would randomly hit someone who would make a better president.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post