The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-08-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(03-08-2017 05:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The other nagging question is what is the likelihood that the republican congress will care if they did find massive wrongdoing?

If you were a Republican in Congress, wouldn't you rather work with Pence than Trump?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
03-08-2017, 05:58 PM
(03-08-2017 05:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What happens if they go through all of this and say basically, there might have been some shady deals but nothing illegal?

The other nagging question is what is the likelihood that the republican congress will care if they did find massive wrongdoing?

I think I might believe in the idea of impeachment, when I see the hearings on TV, otherwise I'll remain skeptical that anything will happen or anything of value will come from any of this.

While you were on vaca, congress forced him to sign a bill that imposes more sanctions on Russia and prevents him from lifting them. Now they are working on a bill that prevents him from firing Mueller - well, actually it allows congress to just turn around and reinstate Mueller.

Congress knows stuff, and the backing off in the last few days by republicans speaks volumes.

Hopefully this will drag out past mid-terms.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
03-08-2017, 06:07 PM
(03-08-2017 05:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 05:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What happens if they go through all of this and say basically, there might have been some shady deals but nothing illegal?

The other nagging question is what is the likelihood that the republican congress will care if they did find massive wrongdoing?

I think I might believe in the idea of impeachment, when I see the hearings on TV, otherwise I'll remain skeptical that anything will happen or anything of value will come from any of this.

While you were on vaca, congress forced him to sign a bill that imposes more sanctions on Russia and prevents him from lifting them. Now they are working on a bill that prevents him from firing Mueller - well, actually it allows congress to just turn around and reinstate Mueller.

Congress knows stuff, and the backing off in the last few days by republicans speaks volumes.

I'll upgrade from skeptical to guardedly optimistic then. I'm just not sure what will happen or come from it.

I don't think many republicans are too worried about the midterms (because all politics is local politics and with the way those districts have been gerrymandered there's only one way many can go).

I just don't anticipate a huge upset. I think if anything it might become closer...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-08-2017, 06:26 PM
(03-08-2017 06:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 05:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  While you were on vaca, congress forced him to sign a bill that imposes more sanctions on Russia and prevents him from lifting them. Now they are working on a bill that prevents him from firing Mueller - well, actually it allows congress to just turn around and reinstate Mueller.

I'll upgrade from skeptical to guardedly optimistic then. I'm just not sure what will happen or come from it.

I don't think many republicans are too worried about the midterms (because all politics is local politics and with the way those districts have been gerrymandered there's only one way many can go).

I just don't anticipate a huge upset. I think if anything it might become closer...

The Federal Reserve was expected to tighten last month, and they didn't. They saw weakness (or some softness) in the economy ahead, (it's assumed). The stock market is long over-due for a correction. Trump is skating so far on the economic policies of Obama. The jobs numbers very recently are also not bad, but not as good as expected. The dollar is dropping. Politics may be local, but a down-turn would be both local and national. Trump has gotten none of his agenda passed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-08-2017, 06:37 PM
(03-08-2017 06:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 05:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  While you were on vaca, congress forced him to sign a bill that imposes more sanctions on Russia and prevents him from lifting them. Now they are working on a bill that prevents him from firing Mueller - well, actually it allows congress to just turn around and reinstate Mueller.

I upgraded to guardedly optimistic too - from depressingly pessimistic. Since the removal of Spicy and Priebus the leaks increased exponentially. Republicans are starting to pass laws to tie trump's hands, and they are making public statements disapproving of him. His approval rating is now down to 32. I am actually getting worried that it is moving too fast and we might get Pence...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-08-2017, 06:48 PM
(03-08-2017 06:37 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 06:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'll upgrade from skeptical to guardedly optimistic then. I'm just not sure what will happen or come from it.

I upgraded to guardedly optimistic too - from depressingly pessimistic. Since the removal of Spicy and Priebus the leaks increased exponentially. Republicans are starting to pass laws to tie trump's hands, and they are making public statements disapproving of him. His approval rating is now down to 32. I am actually getting worried that it is moving too fast and we might get Pence...

I'm seeing polls on line (yes, I know) that indicate that the Republican base will look unfavorably on their congress critters if they don't back up the Chump. Party over all, I guess. So it's going to take Mueller to do the deed, while the Repubs hold the party line. They will have "clean hands" with their constituencies, that way, and potentially regain their seats at reelection time.
03-08-2017, 07:05 PM
If the 2018 Congressional elections were held today, voters say 52 – 38 percent, including 48 – 37 percent among independent voters, they would like the Democrats to win control of the U.S. House of Representatives. Voters say 53 – 39 percent, including 49 – 40 percent among independent voters, they would like to see the Democrats win control of the U.S. Senate.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-08-2017, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2017 07:26 PM by BackSlider.)
I believe term limits are needed so badly in all the legislative branches.

Reboot Washington!
Money and personal security is what politics is mostly all about anymore. Oh yeah, and power.

I'm sick of it. Sad

We are having an election for a new State Representative soon.
I can't believe what the candidate says about himself, and I can't believe what the opposing candidate says about that opponent. WFT am I to believe if I don't follow these guys up to this point?

The past 20 years I have always voted OUT the judges in the local elections. Yeah, probably lost a good one and probably got rid of a bad one. Last thing I wanted to do though is empower some official to get comfortable in his political skin and start misusing the public office / influence. I mean really, how the fuc are you suppose to make an informed decision local judges?? Really? Same chit different office.

You have to be odd to be #1.
03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Tonight Trump is in West Virginia doing another rally. Why? Why does he do these things? He's just wearing himself out so he can "deserve" one of his endless (and endlessly expensive) vacation weekends.
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
03-08-2017, 07:41 PM
(03-08-2017 07:35 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Tonight Trump is in West Virginia doing another rally. Why? Why does he do these things? He's just wearing himself out so he can "deserve" one of his endless (and endlessly expensive) vacation weekends.

Weekend my butt...he's taking 17 days off so he can get away from that damn dump he's forced to live in. Dodgy

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/f...li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:But now the president is getting ready to join the annual August exodus from the city he calls "the swamp." Trump is due Friday to begin his first extended vacation from Washington since the inauguration: 17 days at his private golf club in central New Jersey.

'Course he's going to Jersey...maybe he can have Chris Christie close things so he doesn't have to be around any riff raff...other than family, of course.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post