The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-08-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(03-08-2017 07:15 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  I believe term limits are needed so badly in all the legislative branches.

Reboot Washington!
Money and personal security is what politics is mostly all about anymore. Oh yeah, and power.

I'm sick of it. Sad

We are having an election for a new State Representative soon.
I can't believe what the candidate says about himself, and I can't believe what the opposing candidate says about that opponent. WFT am I to believe if I don't follow these guys up to this point?

The past 20 years I have always voted OUT the judges in the local elections. Yeah, probably lost a good one and probably got rid of a bad one. Last thing I wanted to do though is empower some official to get comfortable in his political skin and start misusing the public office / influence. I mean really, how the fuc are you suppose to make an informed decision local judges?? Really? Same chit different office.

I am totally against term limits. All that does, is guarantee that a bunch of rookies are always in control of the government, and it limits my choices. I'm perfectly capable of deciding who I want to represent me, without others restricting my choices.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-08-2017, 08:03 PM
(03-08-2017 07:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 07:15 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  I believe term limits are needed so badly in all the legislative branches.

Reboot Washington!
Money and personal security is what politics is mostly all about anymore. Oh yeah, and power.

I'm sick of it. Sad

We are having an election for a new State Representative soon.
I can't believe what the candidate says about himself, and I can't believe what the opposing candidate says about that opponent. WFT am I to believe if I don't follow these guys up to this point?

The past 20 years I have always voted OUT the judges in the local elections. Yeah, probably lost a good one and probably got rid of a bad one. Last thing I wanted to do though is empower some official to get comfortable in his political skin and start misusing the public office / influence. I mean really, how the fuc are you suppose to make an informed decision local judges?? Really? Same chit different office.

I am totally against term limits. All that does, is guarantee that a bunch of rookies are always in control of the government, and it limits my choices. I'm perfectly capable of deciding who I want to represent me, without others restricting my choices.

You are certainly entitled to that position.Thumbsup

But man, as if the past 40 years hasn't been one bought and sold rookie after another? I say fuc the professional politicians! I don't buy that a hack lawyer background beats all other potential hacks.
I actually think brainiacts from other professions would be good for a change, and Washington needs a major change.

Wish I had a 100% voting satisfaction average.
I'm sure your confidence position is in the minority -for what its worth. Shy

You have to be odd to be #1.
03-08-2017, 08:16 PM
(03-08-2017 08:03 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 07:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I am totally against term limits. All that does, is guarantee that a bunch of rookies are always in control of the government, and it limits my choices. I'm perfectly capable of deciding who I want to represent me, without others restricting my choices.

You are certainly entitled to that position.Thumbsup

But man, as if the past 40 years hasn't been one bought and sold rookie after another? I say fuc the professional politicians! I don't buy that a hack lawyer background beats all other potential hacks.
I actually think brainiacts from other professions would be good for a change, and Washington needs a major change.

Being a "brainiac" doesn't insure success in politics. The "bought and sold" thing is a separate issue, (money in politics), and could be solved separately. If someone IS a good representative, term limits ousts them from a job they got good at. It's a solution in search of a problem. There are a lot of other professionals in politics. They are no better or worse than the lawyers. There are a bunch of doctors. Are they any better ? No. Minority position or not, term limits are not in the Constitution. The people can decide who they want in office.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-08-2017, 08:17 PM
(03-08-2017 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 08:03 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  You are certainly entitled to that position.Thumbsup

Being a "brainiac" doesn't insure success in politics. The "bought and sold" thing is a separate issue, (money in politics), and could be solved separately. If someone IS a good representative, term limits ousts them from a job they got good at. It's a solution in search of a problem. There are a lot of other professionals in politics. They are no better or worse than the lawyers. There are a bunch of doctors. Are they any better ? No. Minority position or not, term limits are not in the Constitution. The people can decide who they want in office.

It's the money that's an issue. The US allows open bribery (lobbies). THAT is what needs to stop.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
04-08-2017, 12:26 AM
(03-08-2017 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Minority position or not, term limits are not in the Constitution. The people can decide who they want in office.

That's quite a dangerous idea IMO. Term limits exist for good reason. Abuse of power is a thing. Removing term limits when you have a good leader may seem like a great idea, but it comes back to bite you when a second rate one gets in. Also people do change once they're in power. I don't quite understand why, but they frequently do. So you can't necessarily trust someone to remain the democratic wonderful person that they were.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-08-2017, 12:32 AM
(03-08-2017 07:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If the 2018 Congressional elections were held today, voters say 52 – 38 percent, including 48 – 37 percent among independent voters, they would like the Democrats to win control of the U.S. House of Representatives. Voters say 53 – 39 percent, including 49 – 40 percent among independent voters, they would like to see the Democrats win control of the U.S. Senate.

After the election, I'm not sure I trust polls anymore.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-08-2017, 12:44 AM
(04-08-2017 12:32 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 07:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If the 2018 Congressional elections were held today, voters say 52 – 38 percent, including 48 – 37 percent among independent voters, they would like the Democrats to win control of the U.S. House of Representatives. Voters say 53 – 39 percent, including 49 – 40 percent among independent voters, they would like to see the Democrats win control of the U.S. Senate.

After the election, I'm not sure I trust polls anymore.

Would you trust elections though? Once people start question the result of elections, then you're really in the poo. Could be a short step for you guys. Say Trump loses massively in 2020, then claims election fraud. Yoh. That's when civil war actually becomes a possibility, or at least major insurrection.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-08-2017, 03:22 AM
(04-08-2017 12:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Minority position or not, term limits are not in the Constitution. The people can decide who they want in office.

That's quite a dangerous idea IMO. Term limits exist for good reason. Abuse of power is a thing. Removing term limits when you have a good leader may seem like a great idea, but it comes back to bite you when a second rate one gets in. Also people do change once they're in power. I don't quite understand why, but they frequently do. So you can't necessarily trust someone to remain the democratic wonderful person that they were.
Which countries have term limits?
NZ don't, when we get a decent leader we keep electing them.
04-08-2017, 03:43 AM
(04-08-2017 12:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  That's quite a dangerous idea IMO. Term limits exist for good reason. Abuse of power is a thing. Removing term limits when you have a good leader may seem like a great idea, but it comes back to bite you when a second rate one gets in. Also people do change once they're in power. I don't quite understand why, but they frequently do. So you can't necessarily trust someone to remain the democratic wonderful person that they were.

As long as the democratic structures are working, one doesn't need a term limit, since the public decides every four years if they still want to hold on to that person. And if they don't work, term limits aren't the cureitall, as Russia has shown. Putin just switched positions with Medjedew to come back at a later time and still was running the show from the background.

Every system can be exploited if checks and balances fail.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
04-08-2017, 04:16 AM
(03-08-2017 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Being a "brainiac" doesn't insure success in politics. The "bought and sold" thing is a separate issue, (money in politics), and could be solved separately. If someone IS a good representative, term limits ousts them from a job they got good at. It's a solution in search of a problem. There are a lot of other professionals in politics. They are no better or worse than the lawyers. There are a bunch of doctors. Are they any better ? No. Minority position or not, term limits are not in the Constitution. The people can decide who they want in office.

It would be an interesting stat on what percentages of which professions are currently holding office. My money is on lawyers as the OVERWHELMING number.

I believe a "brainiac" is the optimum attribute to have going into any position where one must learn the ropes as they go. Some folks are awesome at people dynamics (placing the correct mind-trusts as needed for best results) where some would excel in the political arena of ideas and problem solving, streamlining etc.

As it is now, we little guys have suffered at the hands of the same old stagnant mess for four or more decades. Funny how the two parties have grown so closer to being one party, the term RINO (repub. in name only) has true meaning, yet nothing is debated between the two and worked out anymore? Rarely does one party reach across the isle anymore! For fear of being blackballed by their chosen party for breaking the circled wagons ?
What a cluster fuc.

I pay 13% more income taxes out of my paycheck today than I did in the early 80's. Not to include the increase in local taxes. In 1993 my property taxes were $1300 + - , now it's $3300.
bottom line is ,I'm no better off for the higher cost of my government. Actually I'm in a worse position.

The government is our government's biggest problem. Need to flush that stagnant pot to get true progressive change. Some of the guys have been doing nothing for over 45 years in office, yet Joe public love their guy...Rolleyes

You have to be odd to be #1.