The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-08-2017, 11:01 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(04-08-2017 10:22 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(04-08-2017 09:29 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  To be fair, that's only 4%/year increase.
Good point, but as the greater infrastructure demand is met, so there is an expanding taxable base of new comers. Why doesn't this expanded tax base cover the new need 100%? I'm not receiving 4% more services each year.

Inflation has averaged 2.23% per year since 1993. Are you receiving 1.77% more services? Tongue

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2017, 11:04 AM
(04-08-2017 10:48 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(04-08-2017 09:46 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  To what do you attribute the change in taxes with your paycheck? Federal tax rates have not changed by anything close to what you are stating. Are you making the same wage as you did in the early 80's? In the same bracket, marital status, dependents, home ownership, college, etc? It just doesn't add up, sorry.

As far as real estate taxes, what is your property worth today compared to 1993? even with the bubble and pullback in prices during this decade, I'm sure you are significantly higher in FMV now compared to then, and taxes are based on the assessed value of the property. Teacher salaries aren't the same as in 1993 either, you know. It's called inflation and it doesn't ever (usually) go away. It's why we project such huge numbers needed for retirement assets when I'm talking to a client in their 40's. Today's dollars are certainly not equal to dollars 30 years from now.
True my income has increased causing the higher tax bracket. I guess I missed that obvious fact cause it doesn't spend like it would have back when. Funny how inflation only comes up short on the spending side.

This house has increased too so my good fortune does come with an added expense.
Good points. I can ease up on my lips a bit with your wisdom and insight.

You're a sport, Thumbsup You recognize, if something is pointed out to you, that you may be in error. I like that about you. I try to be open minded about my perceptions too. But of course, I'm never wrong about anything. Big Grin Yup! Girl_nails

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-08-2017, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 12:57 PM by Cypher44.)
On the subject of impeachment, looks like Mueller convened a grand jury

----WARNING: SHAMELESS ADVERTISING----

Cypher's Thread on this Category 5 Shitstorm

P.S. I humbly apologise for linking my own thread.. but hey Cypher's gotta do what Cypher's gotta do

Oh no. He's here - God
04-08-2017, 01:38 PM
(03-08-2017 05:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What happens if they go through all of this and say basically, there might have been some shady deals but nothing illegal?

The other nagging question is what is the likelihood that the republican congress will care if they did find massive wrongdoing?

I think I might believe in the idea of impeachment, when I see the hearings on TV, otherwise I'll remain skeptical that anything will happen or anything of value will come from any of this.

Impeachment probably won't happen until the Republicans find Pence more valuable than Trump. Right now Trump's not going anywhere because he serves the purpose of covering up the schisms in the GOP, schisms which will become more apparent when the Religious Right gets their man in and both the business class and the alt-right find out that he doesn't have their interests in mind.
04-08-2017, 02:22 PM
(04-08-2017 12:52 PM)Cypher44 Wrote:  On the subject of impeachment, looks like Mueller convened a grand jury

----WARNING: SHAMELESS ADVERTISING----

Cypher's Thread on this Category 5 Shitstorm

P.S. I humbly apologise for linking my own thread.. but hey Cypher's gotta do what Cypher's gotta do

Yeah, please don't do that, and admin will do what she's gotta do.

It's spammy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-08-2017, 02:50 PM
(03-08-2017 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Minority position or not, term limits are not in the Constitution. The people can decide who they want in office.

Presidential term limits are in there.
04-08-2017, 03:11 PM
(04-08-2017 02:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Minority position or not, term limits are not in the Constitution. The people can decide who they want in office.

I think it's more a very strong suggestion (not really Tongue) There are examples where one can exceed the 8 year mark...

Roosevelt served for nearly two decades. But I guess that was an extreme.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-08-2017, 03:55 PM
(04-08-2017 02:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

No they're not. It was an amendment passed after Franklin Rooseveldt's 4th term.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-08-2017, 03:58 PM
(04-08-2017 03:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-08-2017 02:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Presidential term limits are in there.

No they're not. It was an amendment passed after Franklin Rooseveldt's 4th term.

For good reason though no? I am pretty happy to have term limits, most countries have them at least for the supreme leader. And yeah, as Abaris said, a real dictator will just treat it as a nuisance rule to be ignored. But it can put a spanner in the works for a would-be dictator in a country that's not quite gone completely tits up.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-08-2017, 04:24 PM
(04-08-2017 03:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-08-2017 02:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Presidential term limits are in there.

I think it's more a very strong suggestion (not really Tongue) There are examples where one can exceed the 8 year mark...

Roosevelt served for nearly two decades. But I guess that was an extreme.

Said Amendment was adopted after Roosevelt's tenure (which was twelve years), and was adopted as a direct result of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-sec...ution#Text