The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-08-2017, 10:05 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
http://www.newsweek.com/after-alt-right-...ter-646934

Quote:McMaster has come under attack by conservatives aligned with the White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, including the far-right Breitbart website that Bannon formerly edited.
Quote:Contradictory attacks accused McMaster of both being controlled by Jews, and not being sufficiently supportive of Israel. Alt-right journalist Mike Cernovich has shared links to a site called McMaster Leaks on Twitter, devoted to attacks on the general.
Quote:The hate campaign was sparked by reports this week that McMaster was seeking to purge the National Security Council of allies of former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who was forced to resign after it was revealed he held undisclosed meetings with Russian officials.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-08-2017, 11:02 AM
(05-08-2017 09:49 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(04-08-2017 06:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  Insulated?

(04-08-2017 08:08 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Yes , I bet. But then I find politics insulting most of the time. Big Grin

Gah, yes insulated. I wish I had caught that typo. Tongue

Why? "Insulted" is better.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Newsweek cover for this week....

[Image: newsweek_trump_august_2017_cover.jpg]

I used to think of Newsweek as slightly right of center 25-30 years ago. I haven't read new magazines in years so I don't know how they rank politically anymore but this sure is one of the most blatant anti trump covers yet.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 8 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-08-2017, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 01:14 PM by Rockblossom.)
(05-08-2017 12:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Newsweek cover for this week....

[Image: newsweek_trump_august_2017_cover.jpg]

I used to think of Newsweek as slightly right of center 25-30 years ago. I haven't read new magazines in years so I don't know how they rank politically anymore but this sure is one of the most blatant anti trump covers yet.

Newsweek has changed owners several times. It was bought by IBT Media (now Newsweek Media Group ), which publishes the International Business Times. The owners, Etienne Uzak and Johnathan Davis, are young (thirtyish) with backgrounds in economics and computer engineering. They are tailoring their magazines for a younger audience, and they appear to be somewhat more "leftish" than what Newsweek used to be, but I have no idea what their political affiliations are. Their distaste for DJT could be political, or for his business (lack of) ethics, or both.
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
05-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Quote:The hate campaign was sparked by reports this week that McMaster was seeking to purge the National Security Council of allies of former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who was forced to resign after it was revealed he held undisclosed meetings with Russian officials.

I find this interesting. There seems to be a connection between Bannon and Flynn - McMaster wants to fire Flynn's buddies, and Bannon gets upset and so does the alt right.

That draws Bannon into the Russian circle then? I kind of always saw him as separate.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-08-2017, 02:28 PM
(05-08-2017 01:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  

I find this interesting. There seems to be a connection between Bannon and Flynn - McMaster wants to fire Flynn's buddies, and Bannon gets upset and so does the alt right.

That draws Bannon into the Russian circle then? I kind of always saw him as separate.

Bannon is avowed Leninist, those words from his own mouth, which is probably also a cock-holster for Putin.
[+] 6 users Like Fireball's post
05-08-2017, 02:59 PM
I live in the UK and have found myself recording that Anderson blokes program on some news channel (can't remember which channel) overnight so I can watch it the next day. I have NEVER done anything like this before as US politics just doesn't interest me much, but this Trump laugh a minute presidency is pure gold for his utter incompetence and stupidity. I wake up every day, walk downstairs and think 'okay, what's he done now?' and have never been disappointed.

Wide of the Mark agrees that animals change over time but thinks evolution is false. Facepalm
[+] 4 users Like joben1's post
05-08-2017, 03:51 PM
(05-08-2017 02:59 PM)joben1 Wrote:  I live in the UK and have found myself recording that Anderson blokes program on some news channel (can't remember which channel) overnight so I can watch it the next day. I have NEVER done anything like this before as US politics just doesn't interest me much, but this Trump laugh a minute presidency is pure gold for his utter incompetence and stupidity. I wake up every day, walk downstairs and think 'okay, what's he done now?' and have never been disappointed.

Sigh. You live in the relative comfort of a sane, civilized, far away land. Unfortunately for us it's like living with a lascivious drunk uncle who's comes to visit, eats all our food, sits in the biggest chair, makes an huge mess everywhere, and just won't ....GO AWAY! Weeping

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-08-2017, 03:52 PM
(05-08-2017 03:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Sigh. You live in the relative comfort of a sane, civilized, far away land. Unfortunately for us it's like living with a lascivious drunk uncle who's comes to visit, eats all our food, sits in the biggest chair, makes an huge mess everywhere, and just won't ....GO AWAY! Weeping

...and won't shut up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
05-08-2017, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 03:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-08-2017 02:59 PM)joben1 Wrote:  I live in the UK and have found myself recording that Anderson blokes program on some news channel (can't remember which channel) overnight so I can watch it the next day. I have NEVER done anything like this before as US politics just doesn't interest me much, but this Trump laugh a minute presidency is pure gold for his utter incompetence and stupidity. I wake up every day, walk downstairs and think 'okay, what's he done now?' and have never been disappointed.

Don't laugh at us Brexit boy. Angry

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post