The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-08-2017, 08:33 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(07-08-2017 06:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's the worst president in American history.
Much as I dislike Trump, I think that may belong to his idol, Andrew Jackson. Beating people with canes, ignoring a Supreme Court decision so he could engage in an act of genocide against the Native Americans, etc.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
08-08-2017, 08:48 AM
Holy shit....Trump's lies have been documented and they are growing by the day, and someone is still crying that it's "bs bias reporting"?

Trump was right about one thing....he literally could shoot someone in Times Square on live TV and his supporters would somehow defend it. Unreal.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
08-08-2017, 08:53 AM
(08-08-2017 08:48 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Holy shit....Trump's lies have been documented and they are growing by the day, and someone is still crying that it's "bs bias reporting"?

Trump was right about one thing....he literally could shoot someone in Times Square on live TV and his supporters would somehow defend it. Unreal.

He has fans, not voters.

In sports, too, fans stick by their team even if it loses. Once you have invested a lot of emotion into something, it's hard to let go, even when presented with facts proving you are wrong. (see religion, too).

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
08-08-2017, 08:55 AM
(08-08-2017 08:48 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Holy shit....Trump's lies have been documented and they are growing by the day, and someone is still crying that it's "bs bias reporting"?

The level of cognitive dissonance of their part is astounding. Drinking Beverage

I had to go to a family get together recently and I seldom see them. They are predominately white, working or middle class and not well read or educated.

They all thought Trump is a genius and is being attacked because he wants to save people like them. They think he has their best interests at heart. They also have very simplistic views of issues and I think his edicts require little knowledge or thought and they take to this like fish to water.

Hopefully it was my last foray into Trump land. Tongue

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
08-08-2017, 10:04 AM
(08-08-2017 08:55 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  

The level of cognitive dissonance of their part is astounding. Drinking Beverage

I had to go to a family get together recently and I seldom see them. They are predominately white, working or middle class and not well read or educated.

They all thought Trump is a genius and is being attacked because he wants to save people like them. They think he has their best interests at heart. They also have very simplistic views of issues and I think his edicts require little knowledge or thought and they take to this like fish to water.

Hopefully it was my last foray into Trump land. Tongue

None of my immediate family lived long enough to see the 2016 election, but every one of them was a Republican, and every one of them passionately hated Hillary Clinton -- so no doubt, they would have been Trump supporters. As much as I miss them, I do not miss religious and/or political discussions with them. Those were always painful, but would have been extremely so during the last year or so.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
08-08-2017, 12:46 PM
(08-08-2017 08:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  He has fans, not voters.

In sports, too, fans stick by their team even if it loses. Once you have invested a lot of emotion into something, it's hard to let go, even when presented with facts proving you are wrong. (see religion, too).
It's an interesting concept the distinction between fans and customers (voters).
It relies on the creation of a brand, getting people to feel like they belong to that brand, that this brand represents them, who they are. It's a sense of belonging and not something a person can easily walk away from.

For Iron Maiden it is about creativity and integrity, not appeasing radio by putting out radio friendly songs. It's about understanding their customer base and representing that rather than trying to appeal to the masses.

I think for Trump it is about trying to represent his Republican base. He doesn't even try to appeal to Americans. He lives and breathes (in his public persona), the republican values.
08-08-2017, 12:57 PM
(08-08-2017 12:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 08:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  He has fans, not voters.

It's an interesting concept the distinction between fans and customers (voters).
It relies on the creation of a brand, getting people to feel like they belong to that brand, that this brand represents them, who they are. It's a sense of belonging and not something a person can easily walk away from.

For Iron Maiden it is about creativity and integrity, not appeasing radio by putting out radio friendly songs. It's about understanding their customer base and representing that rather than trying to appeal to the masses.

I think for Trump it is about trying to represent his Republican base. He doesn't even try to appeal to Americans. He lives and breathes (in his public persona), the republican values.

Exactly. Which gives me a creepy feeling. I don't put it past him to purposefully cause an uprising.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-08-2017, 05:45 PM
(08-08-2017 08:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  

He has fans, not voters.

Which makes it even more hilarious these dumb fucks were whining about Obama supporters being worshippers for 8 years, and these asshats take it to 11.
08-08-2017, 08:12 PM
If you were a mentally deranged narcissistic leader, what would you do ?
You might do what Our Dear Leader does. Twice a day, he gets a flattering report about himself. http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-pro...ons-2017-8

Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-08-2017, 08:43 PM
(08-08-2017 08:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If you were a mentally deranged narcissistic leader, what would you do ?
You might do what Our Dear Leader does. Twice a day, he gets a flattering report about himself. http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-pro...ons-2017-8

Facepalm

Yeah, I read that earlier today. I'd like to substitute for one of the people who delivers the sycophant, ass kissing, narcissistic folder and then go over and throw up on his fucking face!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post