The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-02-2017, 12:22 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(20-02-2017 08:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Jag är Sverige!

Nej.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2017, 02:39 PM
Robert Reich Wrote:You might want to send this to anyone in your family, or anyone you know, who voted for Trump. (Thanks to Rosa Figueroa who posted this in response to one of my posts yesterday.)

1. He called Hillary Clinton a crook.
You bought it.
Then he paid $25 million to settle a fraud lawsuit.

2. He said he’d release his tax returns, eventually.
You bought it.
He hasn’t, and says he never will.

3. He said he’d divest himself from his financial empire, to avoid any conflicts of interest.
You bought it.
He is still heavily involved in his businesses, manipulates the stock market on a daily basis, and has more conflicts of interest than can even be counted.

4. He said Clinton was in the pockets of Goldman Sachs, and would do whatever they said.
You bought it.
He then proceeded to put half a dozen Goldman Sachs executives in positions of power in his administration.

5. He said he’d surround himself with all the best and smartest people.
You bought it.
He nominated theocratic loon Mike Pence for Vice President. A white supremacist named Steve Bannon is his most trusted confidant. Dr. Ben Carson, the world’s greatest idiot savant brain surgeon, is in charge of HUD. Russian quisling Rex Tillerson is Secretary of State.

6. He said he’d be his own man, beholden to no one.
You bought it.
He then appointed Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education, whose only “qualifications” were the massive amounts of cash she donated to his campaign.

7. He said he would “drain the swamp” of Washington insiders.
You bought it.
He then admitted that was just a corny slogan he said to fire up the rubes during the rallies, and that he didn’t mean it.

8. He said he knew more about strategy and terrorism than the Generals did.
You bought it.
He promptly gave the green light to a disastrous raid in Yemen- even though all his Generals said it would be a terrible idea. This raid resulted in the deaths of a Navy SEAL, an 8-year old American girl, and numerous civilians. The actual target of the raid escaped, and no useful intel was gained.

9. He said Hillary Clinton couldn’t be counted on in times of crisis.
You bought it.
He didn’t even bother overseeing that raid in Yemen; and instead spent the time hate-tweeting the New York Times, and sleeping.

10. He called CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times “fake news” and said they were his enemy.
You bought it.
He now gets all his information from Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and InfoWars.

11. He called Barack Obama “the vacationer-in-Chief” and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer’s dime, not when there was so much important work to be done.
You bought it.
He took his first vacation after 11 days in office.
On the taxpayer’s dime.
And went golfing.

And that’s just the first month.
[+] 4 users Like Rik's post
21-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Someday, I'm going to get up, put my coffee on, turn on the BBC, and read, "Trump Impeached" or "Trump Quits".

That will be a good day.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
21-02-2017, 02:48 PM
(21-02-2017 02:44 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Someday, I'm going to get up, put my coffee on, turn on the BBC, and read, "Trump Impeached" or "Trump Quits".

That will be a good day.

Well, good days differ. Personally I don't consider Pence good for making my day.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
21-02-2017, 02:52 PM
(21-02-2017 02:48 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 02:44 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Someday, I'm going to get up, put my coffee on, turn on the BBC, and read, "Trump Impeached" or "Trump Quits".

That will be a good day.

Well, good days differ. Personally I don't consider Pence good for making my day.

I too abhor everything Pence stands for, but I will give him this: he's unlikely to launch a nuclear strike because someone, somewhere, got under his oh-so-thin skin.

With the Orange Shitgibbon, well, he's just too erratic and unstable to be trusted with the nuclear codes.
[+] 5 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
21-02-2017, 03:27 PM
(21-02-2017 02:52 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 02:48 PM)abaris Wrote:  Well, good days differ. Personally I don't consider Pence good for making my day.

I too abhor everything Pence stands for, but I will give him this: he's unlikely to launch a nuclear strike because someone, somewhere, got under his oh-so-thin skin.

With the Orange Shitgibbon, well, he's just too erratic and unstable to be trusted with the nuclear codes.

I'm pretty sure they know better than to give him the real codes. They just gotta keep a backup nuke ready to go in Yuma in case he wants to try them.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-02-2017, 03:39 PM
(21-02-2017 03:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 02:52 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I too abhor everything Pence stands for, but I will give him this: he's unlikely to launch a nuclear strike because someone, somewhere, got under his oh-so-thin skin.

I'm pretty sure they know better than to give him the real codes. They just gotta keep a backup nuke ready to go in Yuma in case he wants to try them.

Funny you mention that, because my SO said exactly the same thing. While the president has ultimate authority to launch, I can't help but wonder if some - or all - of the Joint Chiefs would essentially conduct an act of mutiny in order to keep him from launching a nuclear strike because of his mental instability.

Say what you will about the US military - and there's lots to criticize there - but the leaders aren't irrational fools like His Orangeness.
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
21-02-2017, 03:47 PM
(21-02-2017 03:39 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Say what you will about the US military - and there's lots to criticize there - but the leaders aren't irrational fools like His Orangeness.

As the story goes, it was Kissinger, much as I despise him, who kept Nixon from ordering a launch in a drunken stupor. I don't see any Kissinger in Dump's entourage.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
23-02-2017, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2017 06:43 PM by pablo.)
Sad RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
I didn't want to start another Trump thread, so I'm going to stick this here.

Bannon admits Trump's cabinet nominees were selected to destroy their agencies..

Oh yea, and for the record, I think Bannon looks like he is an active and practicing alcoholic.
I've known quite a few, and he has that haggard look to him.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
23-02-2017, 06:44 PM
(23-02-2017 06:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  I didn't want to start another Trump thread, so I'm going to stick this here.

Bannon admits Trump's cabinet nominees were selected to destroy their agencies..

Oh yea, and for the record, I think Bannon looks like he is an active and practicing alcoholic.
I've known quite a few, and he has that haggard look to him.

Bannon scares the shit outta me. This is all going to end very badly, one way or another. Sadcryface

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post