The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-08-2017, 01:52 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(15-08-2017 08:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 07:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wow. Was it one year already ? Seems like 10.

So much stupid. Every day more unhinged stupid.
The man is off his rocker. Even the Repubs are shocked today.
He seems determined to prove he is unfit for office.
Every day.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/0...corruption
Someone's going to prison.

I wanted to leave. I really did. But man do I love coming here every day, reading the stuff you guys write complaining about Trump. The phony outrage over every little thing he does. As the midterms get closer and closer, the RNC outpaces the DNC in donations 3 to 1 in an election where democrats have to defend 10 senate seats in states Trump won. I could never leave this place. Watching the tears after "Madam President" failed to materialize, Merrick Garland never getting the seat on the Supreme Court, republicans winning all of the special elections so far in 2017. It's like heaven on earth. I enjoy the suffering of the progressive liberals. The way I was treated during the campaign and after, this is the greatest form of revenge. The democrats have destroyed themselves and they may never recover. Their party is in major debt. Broken. Middle America is abandoning them and its actually amazing to watch. The violent protests, the safe spaces, the baby antics make the average American realize the democrats no longer represent them. Republicans are the future.

The only problem with this is it's not true. Look at party demographics by age. If anyone is the party of the future, it's the Democrats.

Seriously. Look at the under 30 splits, then look at the over 65 splits. Right wing conservatism is doomed to the same fate as the dinosaurs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Stefan Mayerschoff's post
17-08-2017, 02:58 PM
(17-08-2017 01:52 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 08:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I wanted to leave. I really did. But man do I love coming here every day, reading the stuff you guys write complaining about Trump. The phony outrage over every little thing he does. As the midterms get closer and closer, the RNC outpaces the DNC in donations 3 to 1 in an election where democrats have to defend 10 senate seats in states Trump won. I could never leave this place. Watching the tears after "Madam President" failed to materialize, Merrick Garland never getting the seat on the Supreme Court, republicans winning all of the special elections so far in 2017. It's like heaven on earth. I enjoy the suffering of the progressive liberals. The way I was treated during the campaign and after, this is the greatest form of revenge. The democrats have destroyed themselves and they may never recover. Their party is in major debt. Broken. Middle America is abandoning them and its actually amazing to watch. The violent protests, the safe spaces, the baby antics make the average American realize the democrats no longer represent them. Republicans are the future.

The only problem with this is it's not true. Look at party demographics by age. If anyone is the party of the future, it's the Democrats.

Seriously. Look at the under 30 splits, then look at the over 65 splits. Right wing conservatism is doomed to the same fate as the dinosaurs.

The Dems have been the "party of the future" for the past 50 years. Something happens to that youthful idealism when they get old/grow up.
[+] 3 users Like BryanS's post
17-08-2017, 03:07 PM
(17-08-2017 10:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 10:47 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  I think the momentum for Trump wasn't for him as much as the real push was against Hillary.

It was about Sanders in many ways. Many, many didn't vote or wrote in third parties in because of Sanders.
I don't see any more 3rd party vote numbers from the last two elections. I think that's overblown that somehow he caused more, Jill Stein or Johnson would of leaped her votes from last time much more significantly had Bernie caused a boost there people proclaimed would happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
17-08-2017, 03:13 PM
(17-08-2017 03:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 10:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  It was about Sanders in many ways. Many, many didn't vote or wrote in third parties in because of Sanders.
I don't see any more 3rd party vote numbers from the last two elections. I think that's overblown that somehow he caused more, Jill Stein or Johnson would of leaped her votes from last time much more significantly had Bernie caused a boost there people proclaimed would happen.

Anecdotally, literally most of my friends didn't vote at all because Sanders was removed.

No matter how often Sanders said to vote for Hillary to avoid disaster, people didn't listen because "crooked Hillary".

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-08-2017, 03:29 PM
(17-08-2017 03:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  people didn't listen because "crooked Hillary".

An ironic tribute to the effectiveness of unfounded smear campaigns.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-08-2017, 04:02 PM
"Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee, announced Thursday that he plans to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump. Cohen cited potential obstruction of justice and violations of the Constitution's Foreign Emoluments Clause as the reasons for impeachment while also addressing his own strong moral opposition to the president's words and actions relating to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia over the weekend."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democratic-...peachment/
17-08-2017, 04:25 PM
(17-08-2017 01:52 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  Seriously. Look at the under 30 splits, then look at the over 65 splits. Right wing conservatism is doomed to the same fate as the dinosaurs.

If the Democrats actually embrace progressive ideas. Right now they suck up to the same corporations the GOP does. Perhaps the major reason why Hillary lost to that loudmouth. Because the people only had the choice between the plague and cholera.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
17-08-2017, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2017 05:36 PM by ClydeLee.)
(17-08-2017 03:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 03:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't see any more 3rd party vote numbers from the last two elections. I think that's overblown that somehow he caused more, Jill Stein or Johnson would of leaped her votes from last time much more significantly had Bernie caused a boost there people proclaimed would happen.

Anecdotally, literally most of my friends didn't vote at all because Sanders was removed.

No matter how often Sanders said to vote for Hillary to avoid disaster, people didn't listen because "crooked Hillary".
Would they have voted anyway? Had Bernie never had a presence or would they typically vote either big 2 party presidents.

I didn't vote but partially moving states early that fall but yeah I wasn't motivated to get out to vote but I voted Johnson in 12. I was hoping it was gonna be hillary vs Jeb for a bit so more people would think to vote green or libertarian or whatever but the 3rd party votes got nowhere

But I did vote for Bernie in my Illinois primary that literally had no impact because it was so late in the primary process, why these states still let the initial voters make all the impact is solly. I don't get why states activists themselves don't fight against the way in wanting reform.

Only 70,000 less votes for Hil than Obama in 12, just where they were in the 4 states that mattered effected it. So really about 8 states are the ones that actually choose presidents in the systems format for the last few decades

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
17-08-2017, 05:56 PM
(17-08-2017 03:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 03:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  people didn't listen because "crooked Hillary".

An ironic tribute to the effectiveness of unfounded smear campaigns.

If it had been "Harold" Clinton running for president that person wouldn't have to deal with half the crap as Hillary Clinton. Whether you like her politics or not had she been male there wouldn't have been the endless investigations and a huge smear campaign. Had she been male and had a spouse who'd had an affair people would probably think it was nice that he'd forgiven his wife, supported her and gone on with the marriage.

If Hillary was male the Republicans (mostly male) wouldn't have ganged up on her quite as much as if she had been a man. They would have investigated this person, sure, and politics is politics but it really scared the shit out of the Republicans that a woman might follow a black man in the White House. Oh, the horror! That was just too, too much for them to take. So anything and anyway to get this uppity woman was fine by them.

I wasn't a huge Hillary fan. I vote for her becuse the alternative was...well...look at that trump asshole. Holy shit! But I really think even if Elizabeth Warren had positioned herself to run for president instead of Hillary they'd have smeared her too and it would have stuck, not because she's any worse than any other politician but because she's a woman. And smear campaigns stick to women more than men because of our history with the bible and the purity of women and all that crap.

Hell, they wouldn't allow Elizabeth Warren to read the letter in the Senate chambers from Sessons about his blatant bigotry, do you think they'd be ok with a woman president? Pfffft. Not a chance. A male senator finally had to read that letter by the way. The misogyny of the republicans in the senate is unbelievable.

Ok. I'm done with my rant.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-08-2017, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2017 06:20 PM by BackSlider.)
(17-08-2017 11:13 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 11:10 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  That makes sense for the general election, but it doesn't explain how Trump won the Republican nomination. That was as big a surprise as the general election was. Maybe the Republicans were splintered too many different ways for any "real" Republican to get a majority, leaving Trump (the outsider) to pick up the pieces.

Nominating Trump was political malpractice.

The starting line up for the Rep. party was really ridiculous. Plenty of possibilities, but a lot of naaahs too.

I think conservatives have a lot of "can't budge a nudge on that" issues that prevents potential good candidates from rising to the top.

[Image: DFowOLQWsAEZEZv.jpg]

[Image: serveimage?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.akademif...d9d961.jpg]

[Image: trump-mt-rushmore-photobattle-759.jpg]

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 2 users Like BackSlider's post