The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-08-2017, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2017 12:08 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(17-08-2017 10:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 09:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Immigration. Terrorism. Obamacare. Taxes. Common core. Sanctuary cities. Trade deals. The supreme court. Gun rights.
How is a single thing of that different than the 20 other GOP presidential candidates? Or the Senate and house leadership that has both control yet never has done, still not. So called "fixes" to those things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Corker could do the same, except he's not insane. The rats will jump ship at some point, and all the Trumpites banished to oblivion and asylums. They STILL have no plan to deal with health care, no tax plan, nothing different about terrorism, the military has turned against him, the trade deals will be renegotiated. Nothing has changed about gun rights. It's all a pipe dream with no substance, AND they lost the popular vote. It was all a sack of shit, sold by the master snake oil salesman, who claimed he had plans and remedies, and in fact has nothing, and it was bought by a bunch of desperate sad people who really needed a hero, and hooked up with the wrong guy, and let him do them and their party.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-08-2017, 12:55 AM
(17-08-2017 05:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 03:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  An ironic tribute to the effectiveness of unfounded smear campaigns.

If it had been "Harold" Clinton running for president that person wouldn't have to deal with half the crap as Hillary Clinton. Whether you like her politics or not had she been male there wouldn't have been the endless investigations and a huge smear campaign. Had she been male and had a spouse who'd had an affair people would probably think it was nice that he'd forgiven his wife, supported her and gone on with the marriage.

If Hillary was male the Republicans (mostly male) wouldn't have ganged up on her quite as much as if she had been a man. They would have investigated this person, sure, and politics is politics but it really scared the shit out of the Republicans that a woman might follow a black man in the White House. Oh, the horror! That was just too, too much for them to take. So anything and anyway to get this uppity woman was fine by them.

I wasn't a huge Hillary fan. I vote for her becuse the alternative was...well...look at that trump asshole. Holy shit! But I really think even if Elizabeth Warren had positioned herself to run for president instead of Hillary they'd have smeared her too and it would have stuck, not because she's any worse than any other politician but because she's a woman. And smear campaigns stick to women more than men because of our history with the bible and the purity of women and all that crap.

Hell, they wouldn't allow Elizabeth Warren to read the letter in the Senate chambers from Sessons about his blatant bigotry, do you think they'd be ok with a woman president? Pfffft. Not a chance. A male senator finally had to read that letter by the way. The misogyny of the republicans in the senate is unbelievable.

Ok. I'm done with my rant.

I agree that her being a woman made the smear that much more titillating for the dickhead crowd, but Trump smeared plenty of male republicans on his way to the nomination, and continues to do so even now. He's a master at exploiting perceived weakness. Basically the grown up version of the bullying kid at school, who was deeply, deeply stupid, but nevertheless knew all the best ways to hurt people.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but it's more Trump's modus operandi than anything else. It worked astonishingly well for him in the election, but that's all.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-08-2017, 03:40 AM
(17-08-2017 09:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Stupid. This is the second time a democrat has introduced articles of impeachment. This one won't make it through committee either. It makes them look like a joke. Is it any wonder why the democrats can't seem to motivate donors? If the 2016 presidential election didn't wake the democrats up, these midterm losses sure will.

I'll take that bet.

I'll see your 'Articles of Impeachment for Impeachable Offenses' and raise you 'Voting to Repeal Obamacare Over 50 Times, & Failing To Do So Even After Controlling Both Houses and the Presidency'.

(17-08-2017 09:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  "Trump is bad" is a terrible campaign slogan.

"Crooked Hillary!"

"Benghazi!"

"Lock Her Up!"

Fuck off dipshit. Go back to counting your bullets and stacking prepper buckets. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 9 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-08-2017, 04:09 AM
(17-08-2017 09:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 04:02 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  "Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee, announced Thursday that he plans to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump. Cohen cited potential obstruction of justice and violations of the Constitution's Foreign Emoluments Clause as the reasons for impeachment while also addressing his own strong moral opposition to the president's words and actions relating to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia over the weekend."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democratic-...peachment/

Stupid. This is the second time a democrat has introduced articles of impeachment. This one won't make it through committee either. It makes them look like a joke. Is it any wonder why the democrats can't seem to motivate donors? If the 2016 presidential election didn't wake the democrats up, these midterm losses sure will.

"Trump is bad" is a terrible campaign slogan.

I posted the quote and link because it was relevant to the topic, not because I thought it would go anywhere at the present time.

It is now quite clear that anything democrats say or do will look stupid to you, because you don't share our priorities.

You are truly terrible at making good arguments in your favor.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
18-08-2017, 04:44 AM
(17-08-2017 09:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Wasn't Trump's campaign based on 'Hillary is bad'?

Fuc, Hillary was unabashedly bad, but I kept hearing this:" Make America Great Again" slogan?
How could anyone forget that?

You have to be odd to be #1.
18-08-2017, 05:03 AM
(18-08-2017 04:44 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Fuc, Hillary was unabashedly bad, but I kept hearing this:" Make America Great Again" slogan?
How could anyone forget that?

Trump won, not because he was convincing democrats, but because he managed to position himself as a Maverick of the right. The right thought he would be a non establishment candidate whereas the left was stuck with a candidate that oozes establishment.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
18-08-2017, 05:26 AM
Not sure if this link will work right http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwm9b64TU

But support goes that trump voters are the Americans, even more than regular gop, that dont think blacks, lgtb, and immigrants are discriminated against a lot.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-08-2017, 06:12 AM
(17-08-2017 02:58 PM)BryanS Wrote:  ...
The Dems have been the "party of the future" for the past 50 years. Something happens to that youthful idealism when they get old/grow up.

I'm guessing it gets squished into New York and California?

Or simply is not impressed by the choice between two right-wing parties.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-08-2017, 06:23 AM
(18-08-2017 06:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 02:58 PM)BryanS Wrote:  ...
The Dems have been the "party of the future" for the past 50 years. Something happens to that youthful idealism when they get old/grow up.

I'm guessing it gets squished into New York and California?

Or simply is not impressed by the choice between two right-wing parties.

Consider
Well somewhat but in the middle America the late 30s and 40s seems to lead to people being more conservative... and more religious even people that were quite against it before. It goes along together with typical family forming and no less being within a realm to keep learning.

At least that's what happened with boomers and Gen X in large numbers. But it's the question, especially the religious part, for Gen y and Milenials becoming of these ages and will it happen that way.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-08-2017, 07:04 AM
(17-08-2017 09:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 09:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Wasn't Trump's campaign based on 'Hillary is bad'?

Immigration. Terrorism. Obamacare. Taxes. Common core. Sanctuary cities. Trade deals. The supreme court. Gun rights.

None of which he's done jack-shit about. His campaign was all about himself and a huge ego boosting photo opportunity and you were too deluded to think beyond his nonsensical bombast. You were conned into thinking he cared and you're still living in a fantasy. You poor deluded fool. You're just doubling down because that's all you can do, that's all you have left.

trump = WPE: Worst President Ever

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post