The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-02-2017, 06:59 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(23-02-2017 06:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 06:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  I didn't want to start another Trump thread, so I'm going to stick this here.

Bannon admits Trump's cabinet nominees were selected to destroy their agencies..

Oh yea, and for the record, I think Bannon looks like he is an active and practicing alcoholic.
I've known quite a few, and he has that haggard look to him.

Bannon scares the shit outta me. This is all going to end very badly, one way or another. Sadcryface

I agree, they bringing a seriously fucked-up agenda to The White House.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-02-2017, 08:20 AM
I heard Bannon say: "you are not getting your country back without a fight".

This has been ringing in my ear ever since. Very scary. That dude wants to do away with our institutions and purposefully tear the whole country down so he can rebuild it as a dictatorship.

Someone please prove it isn't so.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
24-02-2017, 08:26 AM
(24-02-2017 08:20 AM)Dom Wrote:  That dude wants to do away with our institutions and purposefully tear the whole country down so he can rebuild it as a dictatorship.

There's no doubt he wants to do that. As of now the courts are obviously still working. Which doesn't mean that there's no all out assault on jurisdiction in the making. In Israel the rightwingers just cracked down on independent courts by installing ultra right and ultra religious judges. Might that something like that happens in the US too.
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
24-02-2017, 08:40 AM
(24-02-2017 08:20 AM)Dom Wrote:  I heard Bannon say: "you are not getting your country back without a fight".

This has been ringing in my ear ever since. Very scary. That dude wants to do away with our institutions and purposefully tear the whole country down so he can rebuild it as a dictatorship.

Yeah, that was chilling. Wondering what they're planning to do with all of us misfits?
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
24-02-2017, 08:49 AM
(24-02-2017 08:20 AM)Dom Wrote:  I heard Bannon say: "you are not getting your country back without a fight".

Bannon wants to take America back from other Americans. What happened to our motto "E Pluribus Unum"? So yes, there is going to be a fight. We have the press, the facts, and the law largely on our side, plus a lot of angry activists. Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
24-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Quote:Atop Trump’s agenda, Bannon said, was the “deconstruction of the administrative state” — meaning a system of taxes, regulations and trade pacts that the president and his advisers believe stymie economic growth and infringe upon one’s sovereignty.
“If you look at these Cabinet nominees, they were selected for a reason, and that is deconstruction,” Bannon said. He posited that Trump’s announcement withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership was “one of the most pivotal moments in modern American history.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powe...742825066d

Yep, destruction of the dept. of education and everything else. All the new people running our agencies are chosen because they want to dismantle them and have said so in the past.

WTF is going to happen?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-02-2017, 09:41 AM
(24-02-2017 08:49 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  

Bannon wants to take America back from other Americans. What happened to our motto "E Pluribus Unum"? So yes, there is going to be a fight. We have the press, the facts, and the law largely on our side, plus a lot of angry activists. Angry

(24-02-2017 08:49 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  plus a lot of angry activists.

And I'm one of them, goddamnit! I've never been politically active in my life but when trump was elected I began. I'm going to a town hall meeting tomorrow our senator is hosting and I'm going to mention this Bannon comment to him if I can. Our senator is Ron Wyden and he's fighting the trump shit too so I'll be preaching to the choir but this Bannon shit is terrible.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-02-2017, 09:46 AM
(24-02-2017 09:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  Yep, destruction of the dept. of education and everything else. All the new people running our agencies are chosen because they want to dismantle them and have said so in the past.

WTF is going to happen?

They don't understand that the glacial pace of the bureaucratic behemoth means the implementation of any policy change will not happen during their term. Year or more to get approval from Congress, couple years to do an impact study, couple more to plan,and then at least a few more to implement. Trump's not used to things not happening as soon as he says but what he doesn't appreciate is the beast just can't move any faster no matter how hard it tries.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-02-2017, 10:17 AM
So trump just held another speech - he took the "press is the enemy of the people" a step further by adding "and we're going to do something about it".

24-02-2017, 11:18 AM
(24-02-2017 10:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  So trump just held another speech - he took the "press is the enemy of the people" a step further by adding "and we're going to do something about it".

Yeah, they're prepping the ground for cracking down on Freedom of the press. I'm not entirely sure what they can do without outright violating the constitution, but as I said before. Suing journalists out of their livelihood, is an easy excercise.

The goal is probably something like the Russian media, only reporting in favor of the great leader.