The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-09-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(24-09-2017 11:47 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 10:41 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  This whole kneeling narrative kills me
Me too, and ill tell you why

The guy kneeling is roman emperor Valerian, after having lost a battle vs Sassanid (persian) King Shapur and having been captured. I am certian he doesnt do it out of disrespect.

[Image: 10%20Roman%20emperor%20Valerian%20surren...ur%20I.jpg]

Most of the people bitching about this are Christian.....I could have sworn kneeling is a pretty big sign of respect in Christianity. All that "every knee shall bow" bullshit....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
24-09-2017, 12:03 PM
(24-09-2017 11:37 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 11:28 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I'm sure people will get pissed the Steelers didn't come out for the anthem, even though they should be happy their delicate eyes didn't have to see anyone *gasp* KNEELING.

The Texans all locked arms....is that ok? Or do you have to be standing AND have your hand over your heart? How North Korea militant are we going to get on anthem etiquette. I can't imagine the "U CAN'T KNEEL DURING AR ANTHEM!!!" crowd doesn't like the locked arms either.

And the simple answer is to just stop playing the anthem for sporting events. What do professional sports and a song about a naval bombardment have to do with each other, anyway? (Well, maybe for the Army-Navy game ...) It just seems like one of those idiotic "traditions" that we would be better off without.

Added: And I just got an e-mail from VoteVets, and this was what it said:

Quote:NFL games across the country are set to kick off in just about thirty minutes.

Before the happens, let us make something entirely clear: VoteVets supports any and all NFL players taking a knee today. Their right to do that is precisely why many of us signed up to serve.

It's important that veterans, military families, and those who support them make themselves heard on this issue:

Add your name to VoteVets petition supporting NFL players who decide to #TakeAKnee during the National Anthem today.

Oh, and I did add my name. Yes

Thanks for that info. I added my name. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-09-2017, 12:10 PM
(24-09-2017 11:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  And the orange wonder boy is having so much fun pushing a stick into the ant hill - look at them all scurry and talk about him! Meanwhile the week's news about the Russian investigation are all ignored....

If it takes NFL players and teams to get people to notice, then I say go for it. If someone doesn't start outwardly doing something then nothing is going to get done.

This may seem a small, inconsequential step to some but it's a step...in the right direction. A lot of people are YUGE NFL fans and even if they don't pay much attention to the news and the antics of tRump other times...this is something they will see as they sit in the stands or in their recliners with a cold one.

It's peaceful protest and it's needed in this country right now. I hope it takes hold.

Everyday people can march and carry signs and that's good too but they don't have an international platform to make a statement every week for months in front of millions.

If they really want to get to tRump supporters...the next focus needs to be on NASCAR.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-09-2017, 12:16 PM
(24-09-2017 11:28 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I'm sure people will get pissed the Steelers didn't come out for the anthem, even though they should be happy their delicate eyes didn't have to see anyone *gasp* KNEELING.

The Texans all locked arms....is that ok? Or do you have to be standing AND have your hand over your heart? How North Korea militant are we going to get on anthem etiquette. I can't imagine the "U CAN'T KNEEL DURING AR ANTHEM!!!" crowd doesn't like the locked arms either.

I don't understand the problem with kneeling during the anthem anyway. I'll be honest, kneeling seems almost a bit more respectful than just standing there waiting for the end of the fucking song so the game can begin.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-09-2017, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2017 12:42 PM by Rockblossom.)
(24-09-2017 12:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I don't understand the problem with kneeling during the anthem anyway. I'll be honest, kneeling seems almost a bit more respectful than just standing there waiting for the end of the fucking song so the game can begin.

And why not? The music is actually "To Anacreon in Heaven" written by British poet John Stafford Davis for the Anacreonic Society :
Quote:While the society's membership, one observer noted, was dedicated to "wit, harmony, and the god of wine," their primary goal (beyond companionship and talk) was to promote an interest in music. The society presented regular concerts of music, and included among their guests such important musicians as Joseph Haydn, who was the special guest at their concert in January 1791.

Quote:May our Club flourish happy, united, and free!
And long may the Sons of Anacreon intwine
The Myrtle of Venus with Bacchus's Vine.

And now none of you will ever hear "The Star-Spangled Banner" quite the same again. Sorry 'bout that! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
24-09-2017, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2017 01:00 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
I support these players right to protest.

I also support the boycotts that will surely follow. The NFL is about to find out the hard way that the majority of their fans (the ones that go to the games and buy those Ford trucks in the commercials) are against this sort of behavior. USAA (military bank and insurance) is an NFL sponsor and there is a massive campaign right now to get them to break from the NFL. Not too many liberals driving those F-150's either. And last I checked those liberal hippies love microbrews and shit. So those Coors and Budweiser commercials are about to be wasted money when the ratings plummet further. The target audience for these commercials are the ones changing the channel.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
24-09-2017, 12:58 PM
(24-09-2017 11:44 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I've found the majority of people I encounter that claim the kneeling "disrespects" the military are right wingers that never served in the military. Most vets I hear who speak on it say they don't necessarily like it or agree with it, but they fought for the freedom to do that.

It absolutely kills me that the ones who scream so loudly about this are the same right wingers who scream about "FREEDOM!" all the time; you can't make this shit up.

I would REALLY like to know ... since WHEN, does kneeling in America amount to "disrespect" ? I swear, don't millions if not billions of people KNEEL and pray to their gods as a mark or respect every day, and every week ? Are they gonna try and say THAT is an attempt at disrespecting their gods ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-09-2017, 12:59 PM
(24-09-2017 12:57 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Not too many liberals driving those F-150's either.

Citation...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-09-2017, 01:07 PM
(24-09-2017 12:57 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I support these players right to protest.

I also support the boycotts that will surely follow. The NFL is about to find out the hard way that the majority of their fans (the ones that go to the games and buy those Ford trucks in the commercials) are against this sort of behavior. USAA (military bank and insurance) is an NFL sponsor and there is a massive campaign right now to get them to break from the NFL. Not too many liberals driving those F-150's either. And last I checked those liberal hippies love microbrews and shit. So those Coors and Budweiser commercials are about to be wasted money when the ratings plummet further. The target audience for these commercials are the ones changing the channel.

So what you're saying is it doesn't make corporate business sense to protest racism because the people who watch NFL are largely racist Smile Gotcha. Can't disturb the profits, those black guys should stick to getting shot by cops.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
24-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Jesus Christ I just got into a discussion at a sports site and all I got thrown back at me is how disrespectful it is to the military, how they're basically shitting on dead soliders graves.....I had to just stop responding.

Smh.