The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-09-2017, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2017 07:37 PM by epronovost.)
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(24-09-2017 05:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 05:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You are not actually doing anything to help the thing you're protesting, and in this case, it kinda bothers me simply because they could be putting their money where their mouth is.

You mean like this? Putting their money where their mouth is like this? Colin Kaepernick Nears Completion of His Million Dollar Pledge Despite Not Collecting an NFL Paycheck

The other advantage of these protests is that they are heavily mediatised and are done by people that are rather well known. The simple exposure they give to social issue about racism in the US is worth millions in terms of publicity. It could also lead to people who are relatively unconcerned by political issues to question this sudden change in behavior. Sometime, money isn't necessary to achieve an objective.

My question to you WhiskeyDebates is what did YOU to protest against against systemic racism in the United States? Have you financed the actvities of any altermondialist or civil right group? Have you participated in protests? Don't take it as a personnal attack on your person, but I do like to turn the mirror around and see if people match their personnal expectation.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
24-09-2017, 07:43 PM
(24-09-2017 01:39 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  ...
Pretty sure he basically pays Melania handsomely to occasionally fuck him and extra to pretend like she likes to.

Nah. Not that last bit.

My money's on paying her to cry.

[Image: large.jpg]

(24-09-2017 01:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...
Calling non racists a racist every single day guarantees to piss us off.

What would you like us to call them?

[Image: 4371711785_77b23dd8bc_b1-bd80a778843dc83...00-c85.jpg]

(24-09-2017 01:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...
I can't change the 200 idiots in the KKK. I can't change the 10-20 cops that shoot unarmed black people every year.

Not on your own you can't. But if you unite with others in an act of solidarity maybe you can get something done.

What action will you be taking? And which Spartacus will you be? The first, the second or the last?

[Image: eOoEZK.gif]

(24-09-2017 04:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
Only in Trump's (and your) upside down world is kneeling disrespect.

[Image: mance-rayder.gif]

(24-09-2017 05:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
I was trained by the Lutherans, the OG "here's some 95 feces for your church door. you fucking hypocrites" vandal.

If I forget to say it next month ... Happy ...

[Image: th-birthday-cake-candles-reading-50140167.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
24-09-2017, 07:43 PM
(24-09-2017 06:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 06:03 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Ya the American Pledge of Allegiance always struck me as deeply at odds with the whole American Experiment and Enlightenment attitude as a whole. Kinda creepy to me but that's just my opinion.

Seems like now adays most of the world missed that class. *sigh*

Until 1942, we were still using the innocuous sounding Bellamy salute instead of holding our hand over our heart, which apparently the Italian fascists and Nazi Germans stole from us. Yay us.

[Image: pFuC0M1.jpg]

Reminds me of the salute a lot of people thought Roman soldiers used (despite there being no reason to think it was). Was in HBO's Rome a lot.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
24-09-2017, 07:44 PM
(24-09-2017 06:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 05:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  To me this whole kneeling thing is like seeing a tragedy and changing your facebook profile picture.

Hmmmm....sort of like announcing to all that you saw someone in need and though you had the resources to offer some help...you didn't.

Yeah, that's a thing.

Here's a pat on the back for thinking about doing something decent. Dodgy
[Image: gondor-calls-for-aid-my-thoughts-and-pra...821954.png]

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-09-2017, 07:53 PM
(24-09-2017 01:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Just because we're against the manner in which these fools are protesting doesn't mean we're against what they're actually protesting. These guys have enough money to pay for commercials, radio spots or whatever to speak out. But to kneel during the national anthem is saying "fuck this country. We don't respect it until things change." Well fuck them.

And I call a heavy dose of BULLSHIT on this too; those who like what Trump has to say most definitely overwelmingly think the cause they are protesting is bullshit. They are the same people who started "Blue Lives Matter" and all all the anti-BLM shit. And also the same that proudly wave the Confederate Flag and cry "Southern Heritage".

Get that shit out of here.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
24-09-2017, 07:56 PM
Also, going to church is customary; I guess you better get your ass to church next Sunday.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
24-09-2017, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2017 09:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-09-2017 05:04 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Standing for the anthem and flag is CUSTOMARY. To kneel is to break custom.

Oh my lord and holy Jesus. One must never break custom, must one. The sewing circle might speak of it when I'm not there.
Why, if one were to do that, one simply couldn't imagine all the chaos that might ensue in the universe. Why my heavens. Just thinking of it is giving me the vapors.
I may need some smelling salts. Oh dear.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-09-2017, 09:19 PM
The degree to which LDH gets bent out of shape over the most inconsequential bullshit, really does make him the biggest snowflake I've ever seen.

[Image: no-more-tears-formaldehyde.jpg]

Baby needs a new shampoo...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-09-2017, 09:31 PM
(24-09-2017 05:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 05:04 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Standing for the anthem and flag is CUSTOMARY. To kneel is to break custom.

If a soldier with no legs can hold himself up in his wheelchair by the arms during the anthem, a millionaire spoiled baby athlete sure can. And if he won't, then fuck him.

Sure, we have problems in this country. When democrats are in power, and they do things I find repulsive, I don't kneel. I saluted Bill Clinton when he came to my base when I was in the military. I was in awe of the man that was president even if I disagreed with him politically.

The fact is, your average football fan is by far majority white republican male. Just look at the ads they run during the games. The advertisers know who they are trying to speak to. Pickup trucks, pizza and cheap beer.

Those same "racist" whites are wearing the jerseys of black players. I'll be at the game tomorrow for the Cardinals and Cowboys wearing my Larry Fitzgerald jersey. If he kneels for the anthem I'll take it off and throw it away and buy a jersey for a player that stood.

It's that simple

I really don't understand how kneeling isn't showing respect. It sure is. Everyone is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

In some contexts and interpretations to kneel is to show nearly ultimate deference.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-09-2017, 09:46 PM
(24-09-2017 09:31 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 05:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  I really don't understand how kneeling isn't showing respect. It sure is. Everyone is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

In some contexts and interpretations to kneel is to show nearly ultimate deference.

If kneeling is a sign of disrespect, why does that dragon lady keep telling Jon Snow to bend the knee?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post