The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-09-2017, 04:47 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(27-09-2017 11:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  Are we clear here now? ETA: And fuck you and your bullshit. This would have taken you 30 seconds to google but you had to make a fuss about it.

There's no fuss, I questioned Girly on something and we had a discussion. I'm going to expand some more because I think it's an interesting topic but morondog you don't need to read, reply, or whine about it. I don't care.

(27-09-2017 11:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  In the 49ers' final 2016 preseason game on September 1, 2016, Kaepernick opted to kneel during the U.S. national anthem rather than sit as he did in their previous games. He explained his decision to switch was an attempt to show more respect to former and current U.S. military members while still protesting during the anthem after having a conversation with former NFL player and U.S. military veteran Nate Boyer.[55]

Turning your back on the flag during the anthem, for example, is less disrespectful than taking a shit on it or spitting on it during the anthem; neither is respectful. In the United States, anything besides standing quietly for the anthem was considered, at least up to about ten minutes ago, disrespectful. If you don't agree with my last sentence, stop reading because we're not on the same planet and maybe we'll find other topics elsewhere where we have some common conceptions of reality.

The reaction K got to sitting was really negative...maybe more negative, maybe less negative than he thought it would be, so whether he was talked into, or relied on self-study, or whatever, he changed to taking a knee. Unless you think the man is stupid, you have to believe he understood this was still not respectful, but was less inflammatory. He could have chosen to give in and stand, but he knew that would be a pussy move and would reflect poorly on him. He knew, and knows, kneeling is still a proud waving of the middle finger, and though more respectful than sitting, might cost him his job (and yep it has). I think that's admirable, it's better than pretending he set out to invent a new form of honoring the national anthem.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2017, 05:02 PM
(28-09-2017 04:47 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(27-09-2017 11:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  Are we clear here now? ETA: And fuck you and your bullshit. This would have taken you 30 seconds to google but you had to make a fuss about it.

There's no fuss, I questioned Girly on something and we had a discussion. I'm going to expand some more because I think it's an interesting topic but morondog you don't need to read, reply, or whine about it. I don't care.

(27-09-2017 11:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  In the 49ers' final 2016 preseason game on September 1, 2016, Kaepernick opted to kneel during the U.S. national anthem rather than sit as he did in their previous games. He explained his decision to switch was an attempt to show more respect to former and current U.S. military members while still protesting during the anthem after having a conversation with former NFL player and U.S. military veteran Nate Boyer.[55]

Turning your back on the flag during the anthem, for example, is less disrespectful than taking a shit on it or spitting on it during the anthem; neither is respectful. In the United States, anything besides standing quietly for the anthem was considered, at least up to about ten minutes ago, disrespectful. If you don't agree with my last sentence, stop reading because we're not on the same planet and maybe we'll find other topics elsewhere where we have some common conceptions of reality.

The reaction K got to sitting was really negative...maybe more negative, maybe less negative than he thought it would be, so whether he was talked into, or relied on self-study, or whatever, he changed to taking a knee. Unless you think the man is stupid, you have to believe he understood this was still not respectful, but was less inflammatory. He could have chosen to give in and stand, but he knew that would be a pussy move and would reflect poorly on him. He knew, and knows, kneeling is still a proud waving of the middle finger, and though more respectful than sitting, might cost him his job (and yep it has). I think that's admirable, it's better than pretending he set out to invent a new form of honoring the national anthem.

You are one dense son of a gun.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
28-09-2017, 05:21 PM

You think it cost him his job... wow you really are all over the place in here on these situations.

He was already just a declined backup that then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-09-2017, 06:05 PM
You think it cost him his job... wow you really are all over the place in here on these situations.

He was already just a declined backup that then

[/quote]

I worded poorly, let me clarify: His declining performance for the 49ers cost him his job in the short sense. But there is no way he should not be on a roster somewhere based purely on his football skills. I'm not a football x's and o's expert by any means, I base that on listening to or reading pro football commentators. He was totally radioactive based on the anthem stuff, nobody was going to pick him up. However now with the Trump stuff I expect to see him picked up. I'll be glad, too.

28-09-2017, 11:55 PM

I'm gonna do that anyway, that's what a public forum discussion is. Love how defensive you get when your bullshit gets called though. Thumbsup

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-09-2017, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2017 12:59 AM by GirlyMan.)
(28-09-2017 04:47 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  There's no fuss, I questioned Girly on something and we had a discussion. ... I'm going to expand some more because I think it's an interesting topic ...

I do too. I know you're not a racist, Jerry (goddam I gotta stop thinking Seinfield every time I reply to you, ... but not yet, goddammit. Smile ) I am every bit as sure of it as I am that I am not a racist. In our core, nemo residio is the fundamental ethic from which all others derive, we don't give a shit what color the nemo is. Elephants don't know dick about the principle of reciprocity or gold and rules and golden rules, but they do understand nemo residio.

(28-09-2017 04:47 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I'm going to expand some more because I think it's an interesting topic

It is. I know that neither one of our lily white asses is racist and yet, here we are, predisposed to presume completely different intentions of a half-breed mongrel of a white Irish Bohemian gypsy and some random black dude who ended up adopted by wolves disguised as Lutherans. It is interesting. ... Smile

(28-09-2017 04:47 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  but morondog you don't need to read, reply, or whine about it. I don't care.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, Jerry (godddamit, I gotta stop doing that)., or I'll make fun of your panties. ... and their bunches, Jerry.

(28-09-2017 04:47 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  He knew, and knows, kneeling is still a proud waving of the middle finger, and though more respectful than sitting, might cost him his job (and yep it has). I think that's admirable, it's better than pretending he set out to invent a new form of honoring the national anthem.

You see, that's why you're not a racist, Jerry. (goddamit, just stop doing that) I think that's precisely what he was thinking, because that's what I'd be thinking. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-09-2017, 12:48 AM
Last year Colin Kaepernick had a personal wealth of $22 million. [The Richest.com]

I'm guessing he can afford to do whatever he likes, and with impunity. I don't really know anything at all about this little drama—other than to say "only in America" LOL. After all, the guy's just good at throwing a ball around a paddock... so what? And brain surgeons or airline pilots only earn a fraction of what this guy "earns".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
29-09-2017, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2017 01:22 AM by GirlyMan.)
(29-09-2017 12:48 AM)SYZ Wrote:  After all, the guy's just good at throwing a ball around a paddock... so what?

He's not that good at it.

(29-09-2017 12:48 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Last year Colin Kaepernick had a personal wealth of $22 million. ... "only in America" LOL.

He's not that good at it. That's what makes it "only in America." Smile

Trump has just elevated Colin Kaepernick's status from a little-known, mediocre QB destined to the dustbin of history, to a potentially world-renowned civil rights activist. Elijah Cummings is gonna adopt the dude, he's gonna move into my daughter's spare bedroom in Pigtown, and when Cummings dies he's gonna be U.S. Representative for Maryland's 7th congressional district kneeling in the House of Representatives for like the next 50 years. And Cummings will die happy.

I don't think people think things through.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-09-2017, 03:39 AM
(28-09-2017 01:57 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Edit: CNN Breaking News on TV: Kushner did not disclose his private email account to the Senate Intelligence Committee, that he was using. Senate Intel Committee learned about it form the media; Senate Intel Committee is now demanding all pertinent records from any form of media he's used. CNN knows about it, because Kushner's lawyer forwarded the Intel Committee Letter to an email prankster pretending to be Kushner and the prankster forwarded it to CNN, who verified its authenticity with members of the Committee.

Of course he did! After all, the rules only apply to the other side, or only when it's convenient, right?

Now is it a prison worthy offense? Probably not, although the minutia of the circumstances could make it otherwise. But did that stop them from pillorying Hillary over it? Nope, and I see no reason why we should give them the same courtesy.

Actually, in light of Kushner apparently being registered to vote as a woman for these last 8 years (a simple clerical error I'm sure), all I can say is that I'm happy she is finally able to drive in Saudia Arabia now. Also, lock her up.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Girly, As literally a lifelong 49er fan, I was born 3 months into their first season, I must take offense at your characterization of Kaepernick as mediocre. I think marginal or maybe not very good is more fair. There have been articles in the local sport pages pointing out that certain starting quarterbacks in the NFL are not as good as Kaepernick. Articles that I think are correct. I would also like to point out that in his first full year as a starter the 49ers made the super bowl.

I know nit picking but I believe I had to defend my team, even as I am beginning to find pro american football less enjoyable.

Yes, this has nothing to do with this thread.