The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-10-2017, 05:05 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
An interesting (and brief) article about how Trump might be impeached for failing to uphold the Constitution:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc...ne/542841/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
15-10-2017, 06:27 PM
He is also being sued for sexual abuse. Haven't found a good source yet, but am listening to the lawyer on TV.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-10-2017, 12:09 AM
(15-10-2017 05:05 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  An interesting (and brief) article about how Trump might be impeached for failing to uphold the Constitution:

I'm all for the impeachment of this particular twatosaurus but I gotta admit I'm kinda rolling my eyes a tiny bit at the people who had no problem with the massive and unrestrained violations of the Constitutions from like the last 10 presidents.
Shit sake, the last 3-4 guys were active war criminals but this is where we are gonna draw the line? Really?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
16-10-2017, 03:07 AM
(16-10-2017 12:09 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(15-10-2017 05:05 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  An interesting (and brief) article about how Trump might be impeached for failing to uphold the Constitution:

I'm all for the impeachment of this particular twatosaurus but I gotta admit I'm kinda rolling my eyes a tiny bit at the people who had no problem with the massive and unrestrained violations of the Constitutions from like the last 10 presidents.
Shit sake, the last 3-4 guys were active war criminals but this is where we are gonna draw the line? Really?

All is fair in love and war.

...unless I don't like it.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
16-10-2017, 04:48 AM
(16-10-2017 12:09 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I'm all for the impeachment of this particular twatosaurus but I gotta admit I'm kinda rolling my eyes a tiny bit at the people who had no problem with the massive and unrestrained violations of the Constitutions from like the last 10 presidents.

How do you define a war criminal?
16-10-2017, 04:56 AM
(16-10-2017 04:48 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 12:09 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I'm all for the impeachment of this particular twatosaurus but I gotta admit I'm kinda rolling my eyes a tiny bit at the people who had no problem with the massive and unrestrained violations of the Constitutions from like the last 10 presidents.

Those convicted of war crimes.

But you can make a really good argument for the last two administrations having their fair share of war crimes under their watch, and thus people responsible for them.

Alas, the victors typically don't put themselves on trial for war crimes. Judgement is for the losers who don't get to write history.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-10-2017, 05:14 AM
(16-10-2017 04:48 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

One of the easiest criteria: Making up shit to justify a war of agression.

Adolf did it with Poland. Lots of his subordinates were convicted of this in 1946, and hanged. Bush Jr. did in Iraq. Him and Powell. Its proven now that they knew better, that they made up shit about Hussein and weapons of mass destruction in order to justify an invasion.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
16-10-2017, 07:23 AM
War is criminal, period. Every war has it's criminals.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-10-2017, 09:46 AM
" 'When Democrats take control of the House they will absolutely move for articles of impeachment,' one Trump confidant predicted. Alex Conant, a partner at GOP public affairs firm Firehouse Strategies, said Trump should focus on protecting his own party. 'The number one thing Trump should be doing to save his presidency is helping congressional Republicans maintain their majorities,' Conant said. 'Instead he's allowing his allies like Steve Bannon to really undermine Republican reelection campaigns. It's just reckless and politically naive considering how devastating it would be to his presidency.' "

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/16/politics/d...index.html
16-10-2017, 10:06 AM
(16-10-2017 09:46 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  " 'When Democrats take control of the House they will absolutely move for articles of impeachment,' one Trump confidant predicted. Alex Conant, a partner at GOP public affairs firm Firehouse Strategies, said Trump should focus on protecting his own party. 'The number one thing Trump should be doing to save his presidency is helping congressional Republicans maintain their majorities,' Conant said. 'Instead he's allowing his allies like Steve Bannon to really undermine Republican reelection campaigns. It's just reckless and politically naive considering how devastating it would be to his presidency.' "

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/16/politics/d...index.html

Trump doesn't want to protect either party, he wants to abolish congress due to not functioning. He wants congress to fall apart and Bannon is helping.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post