The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-02-2017, 02:26 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(27-02-2017 02:21 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 02:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I notice none of the Bush family was at the Republican convention last summer. I may have disagreed with Bush on a lot of things but he seems like epitome of sanity compared to trump and he didn't try to destroy the infrastructure of the government the way trump is attempting to do. God, trump is a moron!

I was a longtime member of fearbush.com, back in the day. But I admit to be all nostalgic over his administration. I once joked to a fellow member that one of the next presidents will be picked from a tree because he bawls the loudest. Seems I have a prophetic gift, after all.

I hated Bush when he was in the White House but I'd take Bush over Trump any day. Jesus christ, Bush is a deep philosophic thinker compared to trump. Facepalm Geesh!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
27-02-2017, 02:41 PM
(27-02-2017 02:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 02:21 PM)abaris Wrote:  I was a longtime member of fearbush.com, back in the day. But I admit to be all nostalgic over his administration. I once joked to a fellow member that one of the next presidents will be picked from a tree because he bawls the loudest. Seems I have a prophetic gift, after all.

I hated Bush when he was in the White House but I'd take Bush over Trump any day. Jesus christ, Bush is a deep philosophic thinker compared to trump. Facepalm Geesh!

Bush the politician sucks. Dick Cheney was his Steve Bannon but they were not completely insane. Bush has always been at heart a decent human being.

By contrast, Trump's character flaws are such as to hinder any meaningful interrogation of his political philosophy beyond his anti-social disposition. It's dangerous because it can obscure the real damage until it's too late.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
27-02-2017, 02:50 PM
The idiot T. Rump said today "Nobody knew healthcare was so complicated".
Yeah. They fucking DID. He didn't, as he's an ignorant fool.
Everything is more complicated than he thought.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/politics/t...index.html
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-02-2017, 03:12 PM
John "there's a cancer on the Presidency" Dean, from Watergate fame, talks about Trump and Nixon. Dean says there are "echos" of Watergate which ran 900 days from beginning to end. Because of our digital information age the pace could go faster but illegal activity still has to be found against trump and that could take a loooooong time.

Here's Dean discussing trump. Starts about 3:20.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-02-2017, 03:50 PM
(27-02-2017 02:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The idiot T. Rump said today "Nobody knew healthcare was so complicated".
Facepalm

When Barak left the White House, I saw a blurb of a reporter asking him about what he felt about Trump and health care. And Barak just got a yuuuge smile and said he hoped it would go down in history as his best accomplishment.

A smiling Biden said to a similar question: "Let them try".

I thought to myself at the time, there had to be something built in to trip anyone taking it apart.

So far, so good. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
27-02-2017, 03:54 PM
(27-02-2017 03:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 02:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The idiot T. Rump said today "Nobody knew healthcare was so complicated".
Facepalm

When Barak left the White House, I saw a blurb of a reporter asking him about what he felt about Trump and health care. And Barak just got a yuuuge smile and said he hoped it would go down in history as his best accomplishment.

I thought to myself at the time, there had to be something built in to trip anyone taking it apart.

So far, so good. Tongue

Academics and endless "commissions" have spent the last 40 years trying to figure out "health care". They never did. Northern Europe now has better outcomes than we do, and for far less.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-02-2017, 04:00 PM
(27-02-2017 03:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 03:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  When Barak left the White House, I saw a blurb of a reporter asking him about what he felt about Trump and health care. And Barak just got a yuuuge smile and said he hoped it would go down in history as his best accomplishment.

So far, so good. Tongue

Academics and endless "commissions" have spent the last 40 years trying to figure out "health care". They never did. Northern Europe now has better outcomes than we do, and for far less.

I know, and I really don't understand why people here resist a public health plan.

I think Barak knows that people won't want to give it all up again. He also knew (and said repeatedly) that it needed work and fine tuning. Which it does. But it's a step in the right direction.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
27-02-2017, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2017 04:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-02-2017 03:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  

I think the stroke of genius was having the federal government pay for the medicaid expansion in full at first and then at 90% later on. Governors were put in a pickle from the gitgo. Expand Medicaid and get federal assistance that will decline to 90% over 5 years, or be accused of playing politics with health care for the poor. Your tax dollars are gonna help pay for it either way. I don't see how politically they can throw 20 million off of Medicaid now.

(27-02-2017 04:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  I know, and I really don't understand why people here resist a public health plan.

I think Barak knows that people won't want to give it all up again. He also knew (and said repeatedly) that it needed work and fine tuning. Which it does. But it's a step in the right direction.

Trump himself realizes single-payer will eventually prevail. It's in the best interests of the business sector after all. A rather large and onerous burden off employers trying to be competitive.

#sigh
27-02-2017, 04:06 PM
(27-02-2017 04:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 03:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Academics and endless "commissions" have spent the last 40 years trying to figure out "health care". They never did. Northern Europe now has better outcomes than we do, and for far less.

I know, and I really don't understand why people here resist a public health plan.

If the repubs hadn't obstructed Obama every chance they could, we probably would have gotten a better healthcare system than the ACA.
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
27-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Double post