The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-03-2017, 12:30 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
Anyone watch the speech last night? I was "unavailable" doing the laundry, cooking banana bread and organizing some stuff. There's no way I could ever sit through a trump speech.....well, maybe a resignation speech, I'd sure as hell watch that. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-03-2017, 12:33 PM
I saw part of it. Some eye rolls over hyperbole, but he sounded sort of sane. Blink I noticed that when he pulled up in the limo that he moves his lips when he reads.
01-03-2017, 01:16 PM
I still can't stomach watching him speak.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
01-03-2017, 01:27 PM
(01-03-2017 01:16 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I still can't stomach watching him speak.

Trump reminds me of Lucy in Peanuts, who said, "I love humanity, it's people I can't stand."
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
01-03-2017, 02:16 PM
He had milder words, but all I heard was police, inner cities, Isis and military. And he looked like a combative turkey.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-03-2017, 02:29 PM
I didn't see it.
Did he use his words? His best words?
01-03-2017, 02:43 PM
(01-03-2017 02:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  He had milder words, but all I heard was police, inner cities, Isis and military. And he looked like a combative turkey.

Due to the time difference I had the displeasure of watching that in the morning. He talked mildly but the talking points didn't change. He also presented his poster girls/boys in the audience to make cheap points. Such as his list on immigrant's crimes or the abolishment of checks for new medication which probably will lead to even less liability for big pharma and a certain amount of victims, if the process for licensing new drugs isn't observed any longer.
01-03-2017, 03:03 PM
I attempted to watched it with my daughter (who has an MPhil in political philosophy)

We decided that next time (if there is a next time), we will set up a wheel of (mis)fortune to vary our swear words, with extra spaces labelled "drink", because we kept running out of expletives.

We couldn't sit through it all.
Reruns of "The Bachelor" were high art in comparison.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 2 users Like Reducetarian's post
01-03-2017, 03:11 PM
I'm laughing my ass off at the people saying he dominated and even the media praised him. All he did was take a Xanax before his speech and actually didn't sound like a complete tool; the speech itself was the same rhetoric as ever.

Jesus Christ the bar is low if only doing that gets him praise.
[+] 7 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
01-03-2017, 03:19 PM
(01-03-2017 03:11 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Jesus Christ the bar is low if only doing that gets him praise.

Perhaps Trump very deliberately set the bar low so he could distract us and push through his real agenda with the least resistance. He is, after all, a practiced wheeler-dealer.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post