The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-03-2017, 06:15 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(28-03-2017 05:09 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Dont know in which of the various Trump threads to throw this, so... Blush Angel

Trump congratulates Merkel on election victory within 2 weeks after refusing to shake hands with her? Facepalm

More than that, it was a state-election, Saarland is the smallest of all german states, with merley 1mio people, and ca. 400.000 voters. It also was rather a victory for Merkels party (or the runner for Saarlands "governor" office) rather than personally for her. The CDU also didnt get enough votes to be able to rule alone, the commies (the real ones, yeah) got ca. 15% as well. So, the conservatives most probably have to join in a coalition with the social democrats (= commies in U.S. speak Tongue ).

Its like Merkel congratulating Trump on the reps winning an election in Montana (also ca. 1mio people) while they are forced to join the dems for putting up a government.

Its.silly.and.who.fucking.cares?

You know why he would not shake her hand, right?

His "power handshake" got lots of memes and vids circulating, so I bet someone talked to him about it, especially after Justin Trudeau countered it so beautifully.

He was sulking. He literally sat there staring at his hands when it was time for the hand shake. Stupid people, his hand shake was the bestest, the most powerful, well, they could just do without it then!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
29-03-2017, 07:39 AM
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/gue...s-support/

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 8 users Like morondog's post
30-03-2017, 09:44 AM

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
30-03-2017, 10:53 AM
More information is coming to light that Russia was heavily involved in manipulating the US election. Not by rigging ballot boxes - that has yet to be proven - but by manipulating news and spreading fake news against Clinton in key states.

Source: Russia 'tried to hijack US election', says US senator

From the article:
Quote:...Russia may have used technology to spread disinformation in the US, including the possible generation of fake news for voters in key states, such as Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Whether he'll be impeached or resign has yet to play out, but UK betting firm Ladbrokes has it even money that he'll be impeached or quit in disgrace before the end of his first term. Source: Donald Trump Specials

And some people thought that DJT was the lesser of two evils. No
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
30-03-2017, 12:01 PM
(30-03-2017 10:53 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Whether he'll be impeached or resign has yet to play out, but UK betting firm Ladbrokes has it even money that he'll be impeached or quit in disgrace before the end of his first term. Source: Donald Trump Specials

Better than even money, 4/5 odds means 5 will get you 4, ~56% implied probability of impeach/resign.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-03-2017, 12:24 PM
(30-03-2017 12:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Better than even money, 4/5 odds means 5 will get you 4, ~56% implied probability of impeach/resign.

That guy resign? Never.

Impeach, that's as maybe. Depends on how much damage the Republicans think he can do to their agenda. If he's playing ball, I don't think even from Russia with love will get him unseated.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
30-03-2017, 01:02 PM
(30-03-2017 12:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 10:53 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Whether he'll be impeached or resign has yet to play out, but UK betting firm Ladbrokes has it even money that he'll be impeached or quit in disgrace before the end of his first term. Source: Donald Trump Specials

Better than even money, 4/5 odds means 5 will get you 4, ~56% implied probability of impeach/resign.

Good point, though I was looking at the button above that where the bet is that he will serve the full term: it says "Even."

Mind you, odds are in flux constantly and by the time I finish posting this it might change, especially given that the continuing allegations of Russian interference, nepotism re Ivanka and Kushner and his abyssmal failure of getting Obamacare repealed continue to fester.
30-03-2017, 01:58 PM
(30-03-2017 01:02 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 12:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Better than even money, 4/5 odds means 5 will get you 4, ~56% implied probability of impeach/resign.

Good point, though I was looking at the button above that where the bet is that he will serve the full term: it says "Even."

I saw that too. Weird, huh? Given that the impeachment/resignation bet doesn't include death you'd think they'd be flipped.

#sigh
30-03-2017, 02:00 PM
(30-03-2017 01:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I saw that too. Weird, huh? Given that the impeachment/resignation bet doesn't include death you'd think they'd be flipped.

As opposed to his electorate, he can well afford the best healthcare.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
30-03-2017, 02:07 PM
(30-03-2017 01:02 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  

Two Presidents have been impeached (Johnson and Clinton) but neither was convicted, so President Trump could be impeached AND still serve out his term.

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post