The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-04-2017, 08:04 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(03-04-2017 07:00 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Even Juan Williams, political analyst for Fox News, is seeing the (Cyrillic?) writing on the wall.

"It has been said that predictions make fools of us all. The campaign and the election that brought Trump to power certainly proved that, since the majority of the media — myself included — predicted he would not win.

But it is no liberal fantasy to say the odds of a Trump resignation or impeachment before 2020 are looking better by the day."

http://thehill.com/opinion/juan-williams...ment-rises

I really hope that doesn't happen. The forces of "The Last Hurrah - Reflex of The Reactionary Right" (to the forces of climate change, globalization, technological change, cultural advancement and the recognition of diversity) was probably, in retrospect, predictable, and needs to fully play out, so people can see what they did, what they got, and that they have to live with their (bad) choices.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2017, 09:01 AM
There's a part of me that doesn't want trump impeached. I want him hanging out in the wind for a loooooooong time. I want his nasty trump personality flailing out there for all to see. I want to see more and more people regret having voted for him and I want to see the republican party scramble around trying to fix all his shit. I also want the republicans to start turning on each other and I want to see the collapse of the ultra right. Then I want to be able to say I TOLD YOU SO. I won't actually say this to anyone but I'll sure think it.

The trouble is that I have to live in the country where all this trump shit is happening. I'd like to be in another country or even on another planet while all this is taking place. It's painful living in the US now. Very painful. It hurts.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-04-2017, 09:44 AM
(03-04-2017 09:01 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There's a part of me that doesn't want trump impeached. I want him hanging out in the wind for a loooooooong time. I want his nasty trump personality flailing out there for all to see. I want to see more and more people regret having voted for him and I want to see the republican party scramble around trying to fix all his shit. I also want the republicans to start turning on each other and I want to see the collapse of the ultra right. Then I want to be able to say I TOLD YOU SO. I won't actually say this to anyone but I'll sure think it.

The trouble is that I have to live in the country where all this trump shit is happening. I'd like to be in another country or even on another planet while all this is taking place. It's painful living in the US now. Very painful. It hurts.

My cousins up in MN sent me this today.
It's not gonna take long for people to see what they get under the wacko Repubs.
http://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/04/03/...ump-budget

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-04-2017, 08:44 PM
(02-04-2017 09:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He's doing his best to fracture that. Today he threatened to primary the Freedom Caucus in 2018. Blink Blink These principled-to-a-fault fuckers won their primaries over other Republicans by like 3-1 and their constituents are every bit as blinded by principle as they are. Trump can't scare them, especially with his approval numbers in the shitter. They didn't trust Trump to begin with and his idle threats and babble about working with the Democrats they sure as fuck ain't gonna start now. As one of the Dem reps pointed out "This is pre-school politics."

D T Rump "rented" the Republican Party, the Party of No.
Even he didn't think he would win. He lost the popular vote. He's done NOTHING he promised yet, (even the 'day one' crap). His approval is in the crapper. He'll never get re-elected. It was a painful lesson in "reactionary politics".
http://www.salon.com/2016/12/10/stop-cal...tionaries/

I hope he doesn't get impeached. Hard lessons are hard, and take time. Many of the things he's doing, (like his appointment of an idiot to the EPA, with no science background) will have to be undone ... his budget is a joke. I wonder if they will be able to get tax reform off the ground ?

They are on break until just before the Funding Bill. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stancollend...d71b20478e

It will be difficult to undo Gorsuch.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-04-2017, 08:47 PM
(03-04-2017 09:01 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There's a part of me that doesn't want trump impeached. I want him hanging out in the wind for a loooooooong time. I want his nasty trump personality flailing out there for all to see. I want to see more and more people regret having voted for him and I want to see the republican party scramble around trying to fix all his shit. I also want the republicans to start turning on each other and I want to see the collapse of the ultra right. Then I want to be able to say I TOLD YOU SO. I won't actually say this to anyone but I'll sure think it.

I do not want Trump removed as that would replace an incompetent fool with a competent and dangerous religious wack job.

No, leave the clown in place and de-fang the Republitards in 2018.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
04-04-2017, 12:39 AM
(03-04-2017 08:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I do not want Trump removed as that would replace an incompetent fool with a competent and dangerous religious wack job.

No, you want him gone. He's not accountable and he's creating a culture of corruption. If you don't get him out sooner rather than later, even if he leaves in 2018 the damage will be difficult to reverse even in 10 years. I know it's just my opinion, but too many bloody dictators I've heard the mantra of "let's keep him around to stop X hypothetical problem", and meanwhile they laugh all the way to the bank.

Consider what would happen if Pence came in. Pence can't operate in a vacuum any more than Trump can. And he doesn't have the gall and brazen-ness to destroy your democracy to get what he wants. He's a lot better option than Trump even if he is a competent, dangerous, madman.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
04-04-2017, 06:13 AM
(04-04-2017 12:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 08:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  I do not want Trump removed as that would replace an incompetent fool with a competent and dangerous religious wack job.

No, you want him gone. He's not accountable and he's creating a culture of corruption. If you don't get him out sooner rather than later, even if he leaves in 2018 the damage will be difficult to reverse even in 10 years. I know it's just my opinion, but too many bloody dictators I've heard the mantra of "let's keep him around to stop X hypothetical problem", and meanwhile they laugh all the way to the bank.

Consider what would happen if Pence came in. Pence can't operate in a vacuum any more than Trump can. And he doesn't have the gall and brazen-ness to destroy your democracy to get what he wants. He's a lot better option than Trump even if he is a competent, dangerous, madman.

I think we are as good as we are going to get until the mid terms. Keep Trump as mired in shit and paralyzed as we can and then get the congress and house back.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
05-04-2017, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 01:57 AM by Gert Heide.)
Trump cannot be removed from office because people have come to the conclusion that he's probably involved in treasonous activities involving Russian support for his businesses or that he seems to be semi-literate or exhibiting the signs of the early stages of Alzheimers. Nor is a gargantuan propensity for lying going to lead to impeachment.

As it was with Clinton and specific allegations concerning an inappropriate relationship with a White House intern, so, I think, it will prove to be with allegations conerning POTUS45's offences against females. Legislators and law enforcement officials will eventually settle on one misdemeanour or class of misdemeanour. I'm betting that Trump's downfall will, given the puritanism that's prevalent in the States, also involve inappropriate [in the most egregious sense imaginable] relationships. Earlier, I'd have bet money on Russiagate leading to him resigning or being replaced. I don't, though, think most Americans care enough about Russia for this to derail him.

Apart from the story concerning the Moscow hookers, fairly little attention has otherwise been paid to the many highly disturbing tales concerning sanctionable and career-ending outrages against females that Trump is said to have been involved in. Short-sightedness in the bigliest way.

PS - Back in 2015, it seemed there was little logic in Trump's decision to run for the ROP nomination. I now think, looking back, he saw the presidency as a way of guaranteeing himself immunity from prosecution for many things someone with his record [but no money or political power] would likely end up being jailed for. The fact that he screams 'Fake News' all the time and appears lost as to how to deal with the growing number of scandals demonstrates how monumentally cretinous this plan is in a nation with a free press and easily enraged voters.
[+] 3 users Like Gert Heide's post
05-04-2017, 08:26 AM
(05-04-2017 01:45 AM)Gert Heide Wrote:  Trump cannot be removed from office because people have come to the conclusion that he's probably involved in treasonous activities involving Russian support for his businesses or that he seems to be semi-literate or exhibiting the signs of the early stages of Alzheimers...

Under Australian law, "probable cause" or "reasonable belief" are both justifications for litigation in a court of law that requires a defense by the appellee (in this case Trump). Does this not apply in the US?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
05-04-2017, 08:49 AM
(03-04-2017 08:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  

That's my view too. He's such a great target. He keeps the republicans scrambling and confused. However, I hate trump so much I can't watch the news anymore. I haven't watched any tv new since the election and I can barely read any online articles about him. The sound of someone calling him "President" makes me ill.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post