The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-05-2017, 05:57 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
Clapper: US institutions 'under assault' from Trump

From the article:
Quote:Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Sunday that he thinks US institutions are under assault from President Donald Trump.

"I think in many ways our institutions are under assault both externally -- and that's the big news here is the Russian interference in our election system -- and I think as well our institutions are under assault internally...

Pressed if he meant US institutions were under assault internally from the President, Clapper responded, "Exactly."

This feeds in perfectly with Bannon's ultimate aim: the deconstruction of the State. Given that Bannon is the driving force of the alt-right that runs the current Presidency, it's entirely in keeping with the goal of damaging the State beyond repair.

Steve Bannon Wrote:“I want to bring everything crashing down and destroy all of today’s establishment.”
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...eve-bannon

Now, can anyone in their right mind, and with a straight face, say Trump was a better choice than Clinton?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
14-05-2017, 06:18 PM
(14-05-2017 07:56 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Latest news is that he's "increasingly isolated and agitated". Some have even suggested that an in-house psychiatrist be available given Trump's increasingly bizarre behaviour.
The Democrats are really feeling their oats too. They are planning to obstruct Senate business unless several demands are met, such as a special prosecutor. Another demand is that Comey be brought in to testify, and ominously, one of Comey's friends is quoted to this effect: "One of the problems Trump created for himself in firing Comey is that he greatly increased the number of things that Comey is allowed to talk about."

Hopefully Comey has bodyguards in the meantime.
[+] 6 users Like mordant's post
15-05-2017, 12:41 PM
(13-05-2017 02:50 PM)mordant Wrote:  What perhaps can be broken by this president's actions is his own party, but that is an open question too. Those rich elitist fuckers see no threat to their wealth, and considerable upside to it, so I think they will just continue to roll with it. Only when Trump turns on them will they scream like little girls. But by then it may well be too late, for them and us.

I thought the Republican party was irreparably broken during the primaries, and again during the regular campaign. But they just keep rollin' along. Every time I think they've gone as far as they can go, they go farther. When does it end?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
15-05-2017, 01:42 PM
(15-05-2017 12:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  When does it end?

When 1984 turns into a reality.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-05-2017, 07:50 PM
(15-05-2017 01:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 12:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  When does it end?

When 1984 turns into a reality.

So, last week sometime. Got it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-05-2017, 11:11 PM
(15-05-2017 07:50 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 01:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  When 1984 turns into a reality.

So, last week sometime. Got it.

You got a ways to go before then. Maybe the trend can be reversed.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-05-2017, 01:04 AM
Dumpfry should not have dicked with Clapper.

Clapper: I think in many ways our institutions are under assault both externally -- and that's the big news here is the Russian interference in our election system -- and I think as well our institutions are under assault internally,"

Tapper: Internally from the president?

Clapper: Exactly. I think the Founding Fathers, in their genius, created a system of three coequal branches of government and a built-in system of checks and balances. And I feel as though it’s under assault and eroding.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-05-2017, 07:24 AM
Now, given that Trump has admitted sharing classified intelligence with the Russians without notifying the country that supplied the information to begin with, even the Republicans in the Senate are finally calling him out on it.

GOP Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee says that the White House is in a "downward spiral" and that Trump needs to be brought "under control."

Source: GOP senator: White House in ‘downward spiral’

Even Fox News is covering it: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/...sians.html
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
16-05-2017, 08:04 AM
^^^^ What's it going to take? Even killing someone a New York street wouldn't stop his fanbois. How about the part of the US population that is sane?
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
16-05-2017, 08:42 AM
(16-05-2017 08:04 AM)Fireball Wrote:  How about the part of the US population that is sane?

Trump doesn't represent them.

Undecided
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post