The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-05-2017, 08:48 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(16-05-2017 08:42 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(16-05-2017 08:04 AM)Fireball Wrote:  How about the part of the US population that is sane?

Trump doesn't represent them.

Undecided

The Orange Shitgibbon only represents about 31% of eligible voters.

In October 2016, the number of eligible voters hovered at just over 200 million.

Trump got just under 63 million votes. Clinton got just under 66 million votes. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/ho...016-229993

In short, the vast majority of Americans either voted for Clinton or didn't vote at all.

Trump has no mandate. He's a fake president.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
16-05-2017, 08:52 AM
(16-05-2017 08:48 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(16-05-2017 08:42 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Trump doesn't represent them.

Undecided

The Orange Shitgibbon only represents about 31% of eligible voters.

In October 2016, the number of eligible voters hovered at just over 200 million.

Trump got just under 63 million votes. Clinton got just under 66 million votes.

In short, the vast majority of Americans either voted for Clinton or didn't vote at all.

Trump has no mandate. He's a fake president.

To be fair, though, this is probably true of most presidents, if not all of them. I'm not sure anyone has ever gotten more than 50% of all eligible voters, because there are always a substantial number who don't vote. So none of them ever has a mandate -- but they always act as if they do.

I think the whole mandate thing is silly, anyway. An elected official is supposed to represent everyone, not just those who voted for him.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
16-05-2017, 01:22 PM
48% for impeachment, 41% opposed. The other 11% are either in a coma, living in an Amish community and don't know what's going on, or ... what?

Quote:Forty-eight percent of respondents said they would support Trump's impeachment, while 41 percent would oppose such charges.
The results align closely with Trump's current approval rating. The poll found 40 percent approve of the job the president is doing, and 54 percent disapprove.
Only 43 percent said Trump will end up serving his full four-year term in office. Slightly more — 45 percent — said his presidency won't make it that long.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrati...hing-trump
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
16-05-2017, 01:35 PM
(16-05-2017 08:52 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I think the whole mandate thing is silly, anyway. An elected official is supposed to represent everyone, not just those who voted for him.

Well, but they often run on a platform. That they will do X. If X is opposed by nearly 50% of the population you can't just implement it without taking their wishes into account. Whereas if you get elected in a landslide you can sort of take it as given that X is a popular measure and you can implement it pretty much as you described on the campaign trail.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-05-2017, 06:20 PM
And drip, drip, drip, drip.....the drops they are a'falling.

Every day it drips and drips....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
16-05-2017, 06:26 PM
(16-05-2017 06:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  And drip, drip, drip, drip.....the drops they are a'falling.

Every day it drips and drips....

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-05-2017, 07:05 PM

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-05-2017, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2017 07:10 PM by Stevil.)
Comey's public hearing is going to have the largest ratings of any reality show ever. It will top The Apprentice by a Yuge margin.

This is the most anticipated moment of the Trump President show and will be hard to top. I just can't wait.

EDIT: Updated link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxhQyd_Cxxk
[+] 8 users Like Stevil's post
16-05-2017, 09:04 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Representative Green of Texas rises on House floor to request impeachment of Donald Trump.

Quote:Washington (CNN)Democratic Rep. Al Green of Texas called for the impeachment of President Donald Trump Wednesday morning, the first member of Congress to officially request leveling charges against the President from the House floor.

"This is about my position. This is about what I believe. And this is where I stand. I will not be moved. The President must be impeached," Green said on the floor. "For those who do not know, impeachment does not mean that the President would be found guilty. It simply means that the House of Representatives will bring charges against the President. It's similar to an indictment but not quite the same thing."

Undoubtedly Ryan will keep it from a vote, but still, first person to actually bring it up on the floor of the House of Representatives.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Shai Hulud's post