The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-05-2017, 10:02 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(20-05-2017 09:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-05-2017 07:20 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Which reminds me... I've been meaning to give the Murikans a big "Thank you" for all the entertainment you've been providing for us Rest-of-the-Worlders for the past few months.

This, however, has to be the grand finale and I, for one, am looking forward to it...
Trump giving a speech in Saudi Arabia to explain Islam to the Wahhabis ... a speech written by Stephen "will not be questioned" Miller.

I can't wait!

Drooling

So this American saga is, at the same time, entertaining you and boring you to sleep?

Consider

I'm not sure where you have gained the impression that I'm bored with the saga. The entertainment factor is still quite high.

Although the prominence of the narrative supplementing the saga is a little predictable.

The blood-lust for impeachment bewilders and intrigues me ... Trump is the best thing that has happened to US politics for a long time.

Girly's analysis on the timing of the opposition's tactics is right, imho.

Yes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2017, 12:41 AM
(20-05-2017 10:02 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The blood-lust for impeachment bewilders and intrigues me ... Trump is the best thing that has happened to US politics for a long time.

He's the worst thing. He may inadvertently cause some good things to happen, by people saying "Never again!"

Honestly speaking, you can afford to be the disinterested observer. Those guys over there, they're living with this fool. IMO, if anything puts the USA firmly into totally fucked status it will be him remaining president even for a 4 year term. Of course they have to push for impeachment and removal. It's the only avenue left to them. Which in hindsight seems like poor design of their system.

Once he's gone there's a few things that need to be fixed:
- A law that says private money influencing politics is illegal. Full stop.
- Do away with the crappy electoral college bullshit, redesign the voting system so it's not confined to two parties only.
- Divest the president of many of his special powers. The position has become too powerful and open to abuse.
- A mechanism for removing a president-gone-rogue more easily.

I fully expect that none of these suggestions will be considered or implemented. And that Trump will find a way to remain in power for at least 4 if not 8 years.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-05-2017, 02:38 AM
(21-05-2017 12:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-05-2017 10:02 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The blood-lust for impeachment bewilders and intrigues me ... Trump is the best thing that has happened to US politics for a long time.

He's the worst thing. He may inadvertently cause some good things to happen, by people saying "Never again!"

Honestly speaking, you can afford to be the disinterested observer. Those guys over there, they're living with this fool. IMO, if anything puts the USA firmly into totally fucked status it will be him remaining president even for a 4 year term. Of course they have to push for impeachment and removal. It's the only avenue left to them. Which in hindsight seems like poor design of their system.

- Do away with the crappy electoral college bullshit, redesign the voting system so it's not confined to two parties only.
- Divest the president of many of his special powers. The position has become too powerful and open to abuse.

I fully expect that none of these suggestions will be considered or implemented. And that Trump will find a way to remain in power for at least 4 if not 8 years.

I concur with your appraisal.

My point is that this will not happen under Pence (Christian Taliban) and nor would it have happened under Clinton (Corporate Conservatives).

The masses have woken and need to stay awake until the next set of elections.

An early impeachment over some Russian stuff will vindicate the Clintonites in that they will claim that the Wikileaks were a Russian hack - despite there being zero evidence for this - rather than having a weak, no vision, resumé-candidate and business-as-usual Republicanism will put everyone back to sleep.

There needs to be more suffering and embarrassment for your list to become normative.

Yes

21-05-2017, 04:30 AM
(21-05-2017 02:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The masses have woken and need to stay awake until the next set of elections.

Woken to what exactly? To listen to the next wayward demagogue, promising them whatever they want to hear, based on their individual prejudices?

Serious politicians should be encouraged to channel this awakening into productive policies. And I'm not even talking about the USA, but about the world in general. It's only that American politics are even more reliant on corporate bribery than they are in the rest of the world. Totally legal, but as long as this system prevails, candidates will be lobbyists for the ones bribing them into office, not the people they are supposed to represent.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
21-05-2017, 04:59 AM
Well... Trump is sword-dancing with the Saudis and he also got their highest civilian honour, also held by Obama, Putin and Theresa May

Source : http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trum...spartanntp

A choice excerpt : "Trump made no substantial remarks on his first day abroad and spent most of his time shuttling between opulent palace ballrooms with the king. The two were overheard discussing natural resources and arms, and Salman bemoaned the destruction caused by Syria's civil war."

"The most tangible agreement between the two leaders was the $110 billion sale of military equipment to Saudi Arabia that is effective immediately and could expand up to $350 billion over 10 years. The deal includes tanks, combat ships, missile defence systems, radar and communications, and cybersecurity technology. The State Department said the agreement could support "tens of thousands of new jobs in the United States."

Oh no. He's here - God
[+] 1 user Likes Cypher44's post
21-05-2017, 05:10 AM
(21-05-2017 04:59 AM)Cypher44 Wrote:  Well... Trump is sword-dancing with the Saudis and he also got their highest civilian honour, also held by Obama, Putin and Theresa May

I hear they're constantly looking for hangmen. So maybe there's a future career if the presidency doesn't turn out as intended. In a fashion he already fits the job description, doing his weapons deal. It may be by proxy in Jemen, the reason why other nations already withdrew from selling weapons to the Saudis. But hey, non olet, as Vespasian already knew.

21-05-2017, 05:10 AM
(20-05-2017 10:02 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(20-05-2017 09:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So this American saga is, at the same time, entertaining you and boring you to sleep?

Consider

I'm not sure where you have gained the impression that I'm bored with the saga.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1187800

Your 'like' of post #45 is where I gained the impression that you may be bored.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
21-05-2017, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2017 06:30 AM by Thoreauvian.)

Trump is a serial liar who is vandalizing what Obama and the Democrats achieved in the last eight years. His stance on climate change alone is potentially disasterous for both the U.S. and the world. He should be impeached for obstruction of justice, financial corruption, and slander against President Obama among other offenses. He is at war with the courts, the free press, and the facts. We don't want to wait until he does something even worse in some real crisis. He is too obviously incompetent to do the job.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
21-05-2017, 06:17 AM
(21-05-2017 02:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-05-2017 12:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  He's the worst thing. He may inadvertently cause some good things to happen, by people saying "Never again!"

I concur with your appraisal.

My point is that this will not happen under Pence (Christian Taliban) and nor would it have happened under Clinton (Corporate Conservatives).

The masses have woken and need to stay awake until the next set of elections.

An early impeachment over some Russian stuff will vindicate the Clintonites in that they will claim that the Wikileaks were a Russian hack - despite there being zero evidence for this - rather than having a weak, no vision, resumé-candidate and business-as-usual Republicanism will put everyone back to sleep.

There needs to be more suffering and embarrassment for your list to become normative.

Yes

None of this shit ever does a nation any good. It wakes up one generation. One generation is nothing. Today's toddlers will make the same mistakes as today's grandparents. All these episodes do is set the clock back and eliminate the societal improvements a couple generations made.

The effects of shocking people are short lived, but the damage lives on for decades.

Damage control is what we need.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
21-05-2017, 06:38 AM
(21-05-2017 06:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  None of this shit ever does a nation any good. It wakes up one generation. One generation is nothing. Today's toddlers will make the same mistakes as today's grandparents. All these episodes do is set the clock back and eliminate the societal improvements a couple generations made.

You know, it seems worse in Europe. The Holocaust survivors or people being able to tell how it really was, have died for their largest part. People start to fall for the same snake oil vendors they have fallen for some 90 years ago. Only the scapegoats have changed from jew to muslim. Otherwise, same old shit.

That's not to commend the USA, but your racism is a constant. It's against black people and Hispanics. Other than that, it's the same game. Bad times, economical crisis, easy time for demagogues. You elected a full blown idiot to run the most powerful country in the world. It's cold comfort that the Philippines did it before you or that some European countries may follow suit.

[+] 5 users Like abaris's post