The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-05-2018, 03:02 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(18-05-2018 02:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-05-2018 01:57 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  In what is surely unrelated to Comrade President's fury at Washington Post (owned by Amazon's Jeff Bezos), and certainly not at all him trying to abuse his power, Comrade President has personally been telling the Postmaster General to violate the U.S. Postal Service contract with Amazon (and a few other companies) and double Amzon's rates they're charged for shipping.

My postlady is delighted with the Amazon contract - she says it saved a ton of jobs and everyone is happy about it. Amazon doesn't NEED to use the postal service - there are lots of companies who will be happy to perform the same service at the same price. If he succeeds, he will kill the postal service.

That might be his plan. He's the 3D chess master. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2018, 04:08 PM
(17-05-2018 06:06 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ... You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people, these are animals ...

So much of what Trump considers negative applies with ten times the magnitude to himself. This is a guy who starts a policy of breaking families apart, is a demonstrated unreformed and unrepentant sexual predator, devastates careers and reputations out of petty malice, and for whom truth has zero relevance in any context, and he rails about OTHER people being "bad" or "animals"?

There is much to damn about this guy's character but the fact that a vast percentage of his deliberate lying is to deliberately injure others, professionally and psychologically is among the most damning. Whatever derogation he heaps on someone else only proves he's its worst and most flagrant exemplar.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
18-05-2018, 04:57 PM
(18-05-2018 09:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  I saw it on CNN and they did put it in context. As usually he phrased it a bit confusingly, but it was about the gangs.

And, just like his little hints about "ruling for life", he is dripping little de-humanizing things here and there. All in fun or about something anyone could hate, of course.

Sure, there was the inevitable dog-whistle in there too ... being so vague that everyone hears what they wish.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-05-2018, 04:59 PM
(18-05-2018 11:06 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(17-05-2018 06:06 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Trump is moving up to the third of the eight stages of genocide, when he said "You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people, these are animals, and we’re taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that’s never happened before."

I'm not saying that this is the The Final Solution 2.0, but it's certainly troubling. There are ways to deal with undocumented immigration that doesn't involve dehumanization.

Also troubling, his new plan where the children he rips from the arms of their migrant parents are going to be stored in camps warehouses on military bases.

Pretty sure Obama did that as well ... or even "better".
22-05-2018, 12:43 PM
While the White House has been trying to stop leaks with a crack down on personal cell phones, Trump has been using phones that are not secure because it's too 'inconvenient' to do otherwise. He uses at least two personal iPhones. It has been suggested he swap phones every month, and he won't do so. He's gone at least five months without having the security checked. He's basically doing with his phones what he demanded Hillary Clinton be locked up for doing with her email server.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
22-05-2018, 01:31 PM
(22-05-2018 12:43 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ... He's basically doing with his phones what he demanded Hillary Clinton be locked up for doing with her email server ...

Now, now, don't lose sight of the essential issue here, which is that it was Hillary doing something, not the something being done. No, I'm not making a joke.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
22-05-2018, 03:42 PM
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/partne...2018-05-22

Quote:A business partner of Michael Cohen has agreed to cooperate with the government as a witness, The New York Times reported, citing a person briefed on the matter. Evgeny Freidman, who is known as the Taxi King, will assist government prosecutors in state or federal investigations, the report said. The development could be used as leverage to pressure Cohen, President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, to work with the special counsel examining Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, the report said. Freidman pleaded guilty to a single count of evading $50,000 of taxes after being accused of failing to pay more than $5 million in taxes.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
22-05-2018, 07:36 PM
James Clapper has a new book out, that says there is no doubt the Russians are responsible for the present president in office.

He said today that the fact that the Republicans (Trump and Nunes et all) have caused the release of the name of the US operative/informant is (more) evidence that Putin is managing his asset, ... Donald J. Trump.
Trump is so stupid, he doesn't even get that he's working for Putin.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-05-2018, 07:44 PM
(22-05-2018 07:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  James Clapper has a new book out, that says there is no doubt the Russians are responsible for the present president in office.

He said today that the fact that the Republicans (Trump and Nunes et all) have caused the release of the name of the US operative/informant is (more) evidence that Putin is managing his asset, ... Donald J. Trump.
Trump is so stupid, he doesn't even get that he's working for Putin.

I think he knows... Russia has benefitted greatly. They can do in Syria whatever they want, the last set of sanctions was never put in action, Europe is less and less cohesive with the US. But the Saudis probably have as big a hand in this - they wanted sanctions on the emirates and got them, they wanted the Iran deal to go away and it did. Little Donald met with both the Russians and the Arabs.

I do think trump knows exactly what is going on.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-05-2018, 08:02 PM
(18-05-2018 02:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-05-2018 01:57 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  In what is surely unrelated to Comrade President's fury at Washington Post (owned by Amazon's Jeff Bezos), and certainly not at all him trying to abuse his power, Comrade President has personally been telling the Postmaster General to violate the U.S. Postal Service contract with Amazon (and a few other companies) and double Amzon's rates they're charged for shipping.

My postlady is delighted with the Amazon contract - she says it saved a ton of jobs and everyone is happy about it. Amazon doesn't NEED to use the postal service - there are lots of companies who will be happy to perform the same service at the same price. If he succeeds, he will kill the postal service.

Almost everything I get from Amazon now is delivered by their own delivery people. No mail, no UPS, if it's directly from Amazon and not a partner seller on the site. I assume that's not a thing in all places but it started here a while ago for Prime members. I can even get same day delivery on some things.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF