The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-05-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(31-05-2017 10:17 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I've heard the 30% "magic number" as well.

As of today, his approval rating sits at 41%. That's according to Gallup, anyway. Even Fox has his approval numbers at historical lows: 40%. And the Repub-controlled Congress has an approval rating - this is Fox, bear that in mind - of 17%.

When Trump loses the support of Fox, well, that says plenty.
My 36% figure was from this Quinnipiac poll on May 10. They are usually pretty solid. Variances are largely a matter of exactly how the questions are asked.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
31-05-2017, 03:30 PM
(31-05-2017 11:38 AM)mordant Wrote:  My 36% figure was from this Quinnipiac poll on May 10. They are usually pretty solid. Variances are largely a matter of exactly how the questions are asked.

Thanks for that link. That's an interesting result, given that Quinnipac, like Rasmussen and Fox, tends to lean right.
05-06-2017, 01:35 AM
(14-02-2017 05:13 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 05:03 PM)tomilay Wrote:  Here is the line of succession:

Mike Pence
Paul Ryan
Rex Tillerson,
Steven Mnuchin
James Mattis
Jeff Sessions

Hillary would call it a firewall of deplorables.

Mattis isn't so bad. Fat chance it would ever go that far down, though...

Mattis is much better than "Not Bad". I would actually vote for Mattis. He is a no-nonsense badass with the stones the size of Texas, and brains to match. He is compassionate to the little man and cruel to the evils that seek to destroy us. The rest, however, are turds in the punchbowl.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
05-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Drip drip drip drip

Oh my, looks like the Russians hacked the voter rolls in several states....

Getting closer to finding that the entire election has been fixed, we are!

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/05/feds-arre...ument.html

Quote:The May 5, 2017 intelligence document published by The Intercept, an online news organization, describes new details about Russian efforts to hack voting systems in the U.S a week prior to the 2016 presidential election. While the document doesn't say the hacking changed any votes, it "raises the possibility that Russian hacking may have breached at least some elements of the voting system, with disconcertingly uncertain results."

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
05-06-2017, 05:29 PM
(05-06-2017 05:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  Drip drip drip drip

Quote:The May 5, 2017 intelligence document published by The Intercept, an online news organization, describes new details about Russian efforts to hack voting systems in the U.S a week prior to the 2016 presidential election. While the document doesn't say the hacking changed any votes, it "raises the possibility that Russian hacking may have breached at least some elements of the voting system, with disconcertingly uncertain results."

I'll happily eat crow if it comes to it, but not only do I doubt Russia successfully rigged the election, I doubt that that would prove collusion, and lastly I doubt it it were found out that it would lead to a result that would be good for the country or the world on the whole. That being said, I want the truth no matter how ugly it may be, even if the consequences leave us in a worse spot.

Based on the provided quote though, that's a non-article. So many weasel words in a single sentence. 'effort to hack, prior to, changed no votes, may have, some elements, uncertain results'

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
05-06-2017, 05:33 PM
(05-06-2017 05:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  That being said, I want the truth no matter how ugly it may be, even if the consequences leave us in a worse spot.

What would be worse than where we are?

Huh
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
05-06-2017, 05:40 PM
(05-06-2017 05:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 05:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  Drip drip drip drip

I'll happily eat crow if it comes to it, but not only do I doubt Russia successfully rigged the election, I doubt that that would prove collusion, and lastly I doubt it it were found out that it would lead to a result that would be good for the country or the world on the whole. That being said, I want the truth no matter how ugly it may be, even if the consequences leave us in a worse spot.

Based on the provided quote though, that's a non-article. So many weasel words in a single sentence. 'effort to hack, prior to, changed no votes, may have, some elements, uncertain results'

I'll fix your crow so it's nice and palatable. Would you like it under glass, au vin, grilled or with hollandaise sauce?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-06-2017, 05:41 PM
(05-06-2017 05:33 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 05:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  That being said, I want the truth no matter how ugly it may be, even if the consequences leave us in a worse spot.

What would be worse than where we are?

Huh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

05-06-2017, 05:46 PM
(05-06-2017 05:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 05:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I'll happily eat crow if it comes to it, but not only do I doubt Russia successfully rigged the election, I doubt that that would prove collusion, and lastly I doubt it it were found out that it would lead to a result that would be good for the country or the world on the whole. That being said, I want the truth no matter how ugly it may be, even if the consequences leave us in a worse spot.

I'll fix your crow so it's nice and palatable. Would you like it under glass, au vin, grilled or with hollandaise sauce?

I think it wise to hold off on preparation plans until we get more evidence, shall we?

05-06-2017, 05:49 PM
(05-06-2017 05:41 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 05:33 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  What would be worse than where we are?

Huh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

I think that is much more of a likelihood if we don't discover the truth. He will, sooner or later, want to squash the resistance. He is busy flattering military and police for that purpose. The truth needs to come out FAST!